Health & Fitness You're fat. Get skinny…

damn im sore!!

Old 04-06-2006, 10:29 PM
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
damn im sore!!

now that my basketball season is over, I decided to get back to upper body excercises (arms, chest, etc). I had always been working out my legs, due to an ACL reconstruction in my left knee. But I haven't done upper body in a while. So Tuesday and Wendsday, I finally got back to including upper body in my routine. I wasn't really sore after Tuesday night, and I wasn't sore this morning, but this afternoon around 5 pm, it just all hit me. I tried to stand up, and my whole chest and arms seared with pain. I couldn't even put my arms down all the way! It even hurt to shift gears driving home. I tried to get my wife to spread and stretch my arms out, and that Sh*T hurt!! It hurts but at the same time it feels good.

Someone told me that the best time to work out if when you're sore like this, is that true? I wanted to go to the gym today too, but I didn't make it, I was/am very sore anyway.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:50 PM
It's Major. Boy.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WdnUlik2no
now that my basketball season is over, I decided to get back to upper body excercises (arms, chest, etc). I had always been working out my legs, due to an ACL reconstruction in my left knee. But I haven't done upper body in a while. So Tuesday and Wendsday, I finally got back to including upper body in my routine. I wasn't really sore after Tuesday night, and I wasn't sore this morning, but this afternoon around 5 pm, it just all hit me. I tried to stand up, and my whole chest and arms seared with pain. I couldn't even put my arms down all the way! It even hurt to shift gears driving home. I tried to get my wife to spread and stretch my arms out, and that Sh*T hurt!! It hurts but at the same time it feels good.

Someone told me that the best time to work out if when you're sore like this, is that true? I wanted to go to the gym today too, but I didn't make it, I was/am very sore anyway.

That's normal. When you haven't worked out in awhile and all of sudden you do your normal sets one day, prepare to be very sore. The best thing to do is start out doing only 2-3 sets of light-moderate weight your first workout or two. Let your body get back in the grove.

I'd advise against working out a bodypart when it's sore. You're asking for trouble if you do. Say you're doing a heavy set and that particular muscle just gives out. You could tear a muscle and/or have the weight come crashing down on you. When you're sore, that means the muscles haven't fully recovered from the previous workout. Remember, growth happens with proper nutrition and rest.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:10 AM
The Third Ball

Received 5,079 Likes on 2,696 Posts
Eat Bananas...the potassium will help.