Health & Fitness You're fat. Get skinny…

The Butt Cam!!

Old 10-26-2010, 06:42 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Received 2,000 Likes on 1,173 Posts
Red face The Butt Cam!!

OK, I need to get the "around the world" from a GI doctor...

The camera will be going down my throat and then (hopefully in this order) up my hoo hoo.

I have heard horror stories about the junk they make you drink before the hoo hoo video.

Any words of wisdom from anyone more experienced at either procedure?
Old 10-26-2010, 06:43 PM
Go Giants

Received 1,235 Likes on 824 Posts
Old 10-26-2010, 06:45 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Oh, if I get a take home video, you can bet I will post it here. I don't think they record the approach though, just the wormhole video...

Wait, WTF do you want to see a video of my bungholio for?
Old 10-26-2010, 06:46 PM
Go Giants

Received 1,235 Likes on 824 Posts
To use against you...
Old 10-26-2010, 06:49 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

My chocolate cheerio cannot hurt me! For it is MINE!!!!! ALL MINE!!!!!
Old 10-26-2010, 06:58 PM
Team Owner

Received 3,864 Likes on 2,031 Posts
Originally Posted by stogie1020
I have heard horror stories about the junk they make you drink before the hoo hoo video.
I've been proctoscoped, so I've got experience with the stuff you drink for that (amusingly named "Go Litely").

What I did was surf the web while drinking the stuff on a very strict schedule of ounces every 10 minutes or so. You have to get the gallon down in a certain amount of time. The interval seems overgenerous at first but it gets harder to down the stuff.

If you have a choice of flavors, realize that all of them except for LEMON LIME are cruel jokes.

Drinking the stuff does not give you precipitative diarrhea, so that's a good thing. You just kind of feel it knocking lightly at the door. Go into the bathroom and do your thing. Eventually everything coming out of you will be clear.

Have the procedure first thing in the morning so you can break your fast soon. You will be put under anaesthesia, so have someone drive you. You won't even remember the procedure. You shouldn't be sore afterward unless the doc removes a polyp or anything like that in the course of the procedure.

The only thing I remember is that the tech who stuck the thing in my ass was really cute. I'm hoping I didn't ask her to palpate my prostate as the anaesthetic was taking hold.

So there you have it. Easy breezy. If you remember only one thing from this essay, it should be this: LEMON LIME.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:01 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Got it. Lemon Lime. I am guessing this not something to be mixed with booze to make it more palpable...

Should I eat normally leading up to the lemon lime festival?

I may have a polyp, which is why they are looking from that end in the first place...

I feel like this is GeezerZine...
Old 10-26-2010, 07:08 PM
Team Owner

I believe you just mix it with water. You will get complete instructions with it. I believe that yes, you do eat normally up until a little while before you start fasting. Polyps are not the sole province of geezers, so just take it like a young man. You're only as old as you feel.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:28 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Thanks Mike! To be scheduled...
Old 10-26-2010, 09:13 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,148 Likes on 775 Posts

G/L, though.
Wait, WTF do you want to see a video of my bungholio for?
It's Whiskers-- isn't he always looking for fapping material?

Old 10-26-2010, 09:30 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

The camera will be going down my throat and then (hopefully in this order) up my hoo hoo.

Any words of wisdom from anyone more experienced at either procedure?
Two different scopes (cameras)...gastroscope for the top end, colonoscope for the bottom.

Mike was pretty much spot on. There are several different prep solutions that GI docs typically prescribe. They include Miralax, GoLytely, HalfLytely, etc. You can usually mix these with Gatorade or water. Schedule the procedure as early as possible, cause you'll be hungry after fasting all night. Enjoy the anesthesia.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:40 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Thanks Paz!
Old 10-27-2010, 11:58 AM
Earth-bound misfit

Received 608 Likes on 312 Posts
Mikey covered it well. It's really not so bad, but you'll be choking down the cleanser by the end of the gallon. I also had to drink something else, but don't remember. Neither was nearly as bad as the barium I had to drink a week later, though at least barium doesn't make you pee from your butt.

You'll be fine!
Old 10-27-2010, 12:04 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

This should be fun....................
Old 10-27-2010, 12:11 PM
Banned

Received 960 Likes on 593 Posts
I used to code these procedures almost exclusively. If you have any questions outside of the clear butt pee maker juice, let me know.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Originally Posted by svtmike
I've been proctoscoped, so I've got experience with the stuff you drink for that (amusingly named "Go Litely").

What I did was surf the web while drinking the stuff on a very strict schedule of ounces every 10 minutes or so. You have to get the gallon down in a certain amount of time. The interval seems overgenerous at first but it gets harder to down the stuff.

If you have a choice of flavors, realize that all of them except for LEMON LIME are cruel jokes.

Drinking the stuff does not give you precipitative diarrhea, so that's a good thing. You just kind of feel it knocking lightly at the door. Go into the bathroom and do your thing. Eventually everything coming out of you will be clear.

Have the procedure first thing in the morning so you can break your fast soon. You will be put under anaesthesia, so have someone drive you. You won't even remember the procedure. You shouldn't be sore afterward unless the doc removes a polyp or sticks his fist up there in the course of the procedure.

The only thing I remember is that the tech who stuck the thing in my ass was really cute. I'm hoping I didn't ask her to palpate my prostate as the anaesthetic was taking hold.

So there you have it. Easy breezy. If you remember only one thing from this essay, it should be this: LEMON LIME.

Set yourself up a dedicated bathroom with lots of TP and air freshener
Put the old sheets on the bed with a towel between you and the sheets

Good luck. Hey at least you'll lose a few pounds in the process.
And no I don't need to see your colon. Please no videos.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:00 PM
S E L L

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
Old 10-27-2010, 02:00 PM

Received 2,797 Likes on 1,990 Posts
Old 10-27-2010, 02:20 PM
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
I am a nurse in the GI dept (Gastroenterology). Read your instructions a week before your appt. Most times doctors use conscious sedation it is two medications that make you sleepy, just like the dentists use. The worst part of the procedure is the prep. It will give diarrhea like you never had before, you will learn to RUN to the bathroom. Drink ALL the prep follow instructions, make it early, so its cold and drink with a straw. You may think you are clean but when we get the scope in there and you aren't you will have to come back and do it again!! You should not experience any pain,even if polyps are removed because the colon has no pain sensors.You must FART afterward to release any left over air in your colon, so there is no cramping.The upper scope is much shorter and thinner than the colon scope. Before going from one end to another, the rooms are cleaned and scopes switched, bed is turned around then the next procedure will start. The total time will take about 45mins on average. Make sure your driver stays on sight in case your procedure is over sooner or you are no cleaned out. Talk to someone in your doctors office for more assistance. I work in an office where we do 48 procedure a day so remember you are not the only one we just treat like you are the only one. It's ok to be nervous, its normal, nurses expect you to be nervous your first time. Take care, Colleen

this was written by my mother. i hope it helps and i have not read anything in here as of yet. kind of in a rush
Old 10-27-2010, 02:50 PM
Banned

Received 960 Likes on 593 Posts
Originally Posted by tommystyle86
I am a nurse in the GI dept (Gastroenterology). Read your instructions a week before your appt. Most times doctors use conscious sedation it is two medications that make you sleepy, just like the dentists use. The worst part of the procedure is the prep. It will give diarrhea like you never had before, you will learn to RUN to the bathroom. Drink ALL the prep follow instructions, make it early, so its cold and drink with a straw. You may think you are clean but when we get the scope in there and you aren't you will have to come back and do it again!! You should not experience any pain,even if polyps are removed because the colon has no pain sensors.You must FART afterward to release any left over air in your colon, so there is no cramping.The upper scope is much shorter and thinner than the colon scope. Before going from one end to another, the rooms are cleaned and scopes switched, bed is turned around then the next procedure will start. The total time will take about 45mins on average. Make sure your driver stays on sight in case your procedure is over sooner or you are no cleaned out. Talk to someone in your doctors office for more assistance. I work in an office where we do 48 procedure a day so remember you are not the only one we just treat like you are the only one. It's ok to be nervous, its normal, nurses expect you to be nervous your first time. Take care, Colleen

this was written by my mother. i hope it helps and i have not read anything in here as of yet. kind of in a rush
I'd have to wager this isn't stogie's first time.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:04 PM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts
Dude...you just introduced stogie to your Mom!
Old 10-27-2010, 04:49 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Originally Posted by CocheseUGA
I used to code these procedures almost exclusively. If you have any questions outside of the clear butt pee maker juice, let me know.
Thanks!
Old 10-27-2010, 05:02 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Originally Posted by NSXNEXT

Set yourself up a dedicated bathroom with lots of TP and air freshener
Put the old sheets on the bed with a towel between you and the sheets

Good luck. Hey at least you'll lose a few pounds in the process.
And no I don't need to see your colon. Please no videos.

Maybe I just hang out in the tub and run the shower every 10 minutes...
Old 10-27-2010, 05:02 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Great info! Thank your mom for me. Better yet, I can thank her if you PM a pic and telephone number...
Old 10-27-2010, 05:15 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
I had to do this once before. I had some sort of ulceritive colitis that cleared up, but can recur do to diet and stress. Peeing out your butt feels pretty awkward.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:28 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,117 Posts
My wife used to be a GI nurse. I will have her reply in a couple of seconds.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:38 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

I'm gatrhumpy's wife -- I was also a GI nurse at one time. The prep is the worst part. Nowadays, they don't always use golytely (of which you have to drink a gallon) sometimes now they use much smaller bottle of stuff called phosphosoda. Its nastier to drink, but you drink way less of it. Then you just follow it with lots of water. Every patient I took care of always said the prep is the worst part. Once you make it through that, the procedure is a piece of cake or as one congressman from SC put it "easy as a goose going barefoot". With the conscious sedation, you probably won't remember any of the procedure. Having the polyp removed is great -- you will get it out before it ever has a chance to become cancer. Not all polyps turn into cancer, but all colon cancer started as a polyp. Getting a colonoscopy is the gold standard for colon cancer prevention. Hope this helps. Good luck on your procedure!

Keep your mouth shut too. You would not believe how many high ranking military officials and high ranking Government officials did not, including one who yelled out a name that was not his wife's name. My husband also tells me you're deathly afraid of spiders. Sometimes they put a gigantic robotic spider up your...

Last edited by gatrhumpy; 10-27-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:44 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by gatrhumpy
I'm gatrhumpy's wife -- I was also a GI nurse at one time, which prepared me well for his fetishes. The prep is the worst part. Nowadays, they don't always use golytely (of which you have to drink a gallon) sometimes now they use much smaller bottle of stuff called phosphosoda. Its nastier to drink, but you drink way less of it. Then you just follow it with lots of water. Every patient I took care of always said the prep is the worst part. Once you make it through that, the procedure is a piece of cake or as one congressman from SC put it "easy as a goose going barefoot". With the conscious sedation, you probably won't remember any of the procedure. Having the polyp removed is great -- you will get it out before it ever has a chance to become cancer. Not all polyps turn into cancer, but all colon cancer started as a polyp. Getting a colonoscopy is the gold standard for colon cancer prevention. Hope this helps. Good luck on your procedure!

Keep your mouth shut too. You would not believe how many high ranking military officials and high ranking Government officials did not, including one who yelled out a name that was not his wife's name. My husband also tells me you're deathly afraid of spiders. Sometimes they put a gigantic robotic spider up your...
Old 10-27-2010, 05:45 PM
Team Owner

I didn't have any real problems with the GoLytely. Didn't have to run to the bathroom, and no huge messes. I did shower before going to bed of course but it's not like you're going to ass-wet the bed overnight.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:53 PM
Be Strong AND Courageous!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Having driven a clean scope down a dirty road a time or two... this is excellent advice!

Subtle abnormalities of the colon and rectal walls can be missed if there is fecal matter / large amounts of opaque mucus present and this is what we docs call an "inadequate prep" = a curse word of your choice...

...also, if it all clean, you have a scope up your tooter a shorter time

as usual, I am here if you need me...
Old 10-27-2010, 06:02 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

I'm gatrhumpy's wife -- I was also a GI nurse at one time. The prep is the worst part. Nowadays, they don't always use golytely (of which you have to drink a gallon) sometimes now they use much smaller bottle of stuff called phosphosoda. Its nastier to drink, but you drink way less of it. Then you just follow it with lots of water. Every patient I took care of always said the prep is the worst part. Once you make it through that, the procedure is a piece of cake or as one congressman from SC put it "easy as a goose going barefoot". With the conscious sedation, you probably won't remember any of the procedure. Having the polyp removed is great -- you will get it out before it ever has a chance to become cancer. Not all polyps turn into cancer, but all colon cancer started as a polyp. Getting a colonoscopy is the gold standard for colon cancer prevention. Hope this helps. Good luck on your procedure!

This is so full of win! Thank you Gatrhumpy's wife. Except for the robot spider part. May a picture of you in a bikini standing next to a red corvette on the beach forever be immortalized on the web...

But seriously, thanks!
Old 10-27-2010, 06:03 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Originally Posted by mcflyguy24
I had to do this once before. I had some sort of ulceritive colitis that cleared up, but can recur do to diet and stress. Peeing out your butt feels pretty awkward.
As long as I don't poop out of my wiener, I will be just fine...
Old 10-27-2010, 06:04 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Originally Posted by svtmike
I didn't have any real problems with the GoLytely. Didn't have to run to the bathroom, and no huge messes. I did shower before going to bed of course but it's not like you're going to ass-wet the bed overnight.
You took the fun right out of all this, Mike...

Old 10-27-2010, 06:05 PM
S E L L

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
This is so full of win! Thank you Gatrhumpy's wife. Except for the robot spider part. May a picture of you in a bikini standing next to a red corvette on the beach forever be immortalized on the web...

But seriously, thanks!
Old 10-27-2010, 06:05 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Originally Posted by DarkSithCL
Having driven a clean scope down a dirty road a time or two... this is excellent advice!

Subtle abnormalities of the colon and rectal walls can be missed if there is fecal matter / large amounts of opaque mucus present and this is what we docs call an "inadequate prep" = a curse word of your choice...

...also, if it all clean, you have a scope up your tooter a shorter time

as usual, I am here if you need me...
Made me laugh, thanks!

My colon will be wallpapered with pictured of Mr. Clean!
Old 10-27-2010, 06:10 PM
Be Strong AND Courageous!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
Made me laugh, thanks!

My colon will be wallpapered with pictured of Mr. Clean!
Anytime.

at visual of Mr. Clean... "doctor reports that it is so shiny in there that they can see to China!"
Old 10-27-2010, 06:36 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Old 10-27-2010, 06:52 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

But seriously, thanks!
I (gatrhumpy) added the robot spider part. The nice part was from my wife. She says you're welcome, and that I'm an asshole.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:07 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

HAHAHAHA.

I like your wife.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:24 PM
all work and no play

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

Quick Reply: The Butt Cam!!