Health & Fitness You're fat. Get skinny…

Best headphones for runners

Old 08-15-2006 | 09:10 AM
My Garage

Best headphones for runners

So my Sony headphones just stopped working last night while I was out running so I am in the market for a new pair. I have a budget of around $50 and the most important thing is a pair that will stay in my ears. Any advice or places to look? Thanks
Old 08-15-2006 | 01:04 PM
Go Giants

There are many tht have the cords run down the back.....Other then that, I think wireless ones will get more mature soon...I hope.
Old 08-16-2006 | 05:13 PM
My Garage

Well, I ordered these

http://reviews.cnet.com/Sennheiser_M...?tag=pdtl-list

Outstanding reviews for them, I don't mind the color. We will see how they work. They look like a cool design.
Old 08-16-2006 | 06:09 PM
Team Owner

Very safe for running at night as they probably glow in the dark.
Old 08-21-2006 | 01:08 AM
the last one alive

Originally Posted by GIBSON6594
Well, I ordered these

http://reviews.cnet.com/Sennheiser_M...?tag=pdtl-list

Outstanding reviews for them, I don't mind the color. We will see how they work. They look like a cool design.
I got these a week ago. The twist system doesn't work too well on my ears- even experimenting with the different pads. But they are still pretty secure. Couldn't say they're worth the higher cost though.
Old 08-21-2006 | 09:05 AM
My Garage

Originally Posted by Simpleman
I got these a week ago. The twist system doesn't work too well on my ears- even experimenting with the different pads. But they are still pretty secure. Couldn't say they're worth the higher cost though.
Yea, i'm hoping they fit well in my ears. My Sony's would constantly be falling out when I run so these can't be much worse. Plus my Sony's shorted out on me because of sweat getting into the ear piece. These are sweat/water resistant, so that shouldn't be a problem. Plus I hear the sound is great on them, so i can use them as workout and non-workout headphones. If they work as well as i've heard, they will be worth a few extra bucks to me.
Old 08-31-2006 | 10:49 AM
My Garage

OK, so I finally got these and had a chance to run in them. For starters, they are very cool looking, I first thought the green was going to be a negative, but I actually like it now. They are very sharp looking. As for the sound I'd say they are very good, not the best you can buy but damn good for the price. I'd say they sound slighty better than my Sony's (which shorted out after 6 months).

Now for the most important part, I ran about a mile in them last night and for the first time I actually ran the whole time without have to re-insert or re-adjust my headphones while running. They stayed perfectly in place the whole time. It takes a little to get used to how they grip in your ear, but once you do they are rock solid. It was so relieving not have to slow down to fix a sliding out earbud, or stop to untangle the cord if the earbud fell out completely. I was able to just focus on the run without distraction and annoyance. They are worth every penny. Highly recommended for those that have the earphone falling out while running problem.