Health & Fitness You're fat. Get skinny…

8-Week Log (Round 2 of Weight Loss for a normal dude with a SLOW metabolism)

Old 08-08-2010, 09:04 PM
Fearless DIY Guy

Received 373 Likes on 206 Posts
8-Week Log (Round 2 of Weight Loss for a normal dude with a SLOW metabolism)

Alright, here we go again. I am going to be logging my progress here over the next 8 weeks for my workout/diet circuit. You might ask...why here? Well, because I enjoy reading through AZine, BB.com is just not my thing (I'm not a BB'er, I'm just some fucking guy), and, well, maybe my thread can be of more help here then anywhere else.

BACKGROUND
Back in February I made a commitment to FINALLY lose the weight I've been carrying forever, and since then, I've dropped 30lbs. Since June I've been pretty disciplined, but not as much as I was during the weight loss phase. I have an event in October, so it's time to get back on the wagon. I'm not an athlete, I never played HS sports, and was the "easy out" guy in gym.

DIET
Ok, the diet will be the EXACT SAME Monday - Saturday, save dinner, which is whatever the wife cooks (mind you, she is exceedingly health/weight conscience). Sunday is kind of rough but I will strive to hit my macronutrient protein target nonetheless, just in a less strict manner.

So here it is, for the NEXT 8 WEEKS...
Meal 1: 10 Eggwhites w/ 1/2 cup raw oats
Meal 2: Weekly Meal
Meal 3: 2 Scoops ON Whey w/ 2 scoops Jack3d
PWO: 2 Scoops ON Whey w/ 1 scoop ON Glycomaize
Meal 4: Weekly Meal
Meal 5: Dinner
Meal 6: (Before Bed) 1 cup non-fat cottage cheese w/ 1tbsp FSO

SUPPLEMENTS

In my on-again, off-again quest to get in shape, I have tried just about EVERYTHING you can imagine. And you know where my money is best spent? ON FOOD. Take it from a guy whose spent untold thousands on every over-the-counter supplement. Supplements are just that - they supplement from what you cannot otherwise get from natural sources. I take very few, by comparison, here they are:

Supergreeens
Liver Tabs (I will likely drop these next month, we'll see)
Flax Seed Oil
ON Whey
ON Glycomaize

I WILL be adding an E/C/A stack in September, and may pair with a thyroid booster.

EXERCISE
I go to the gym during my lunchbreak, so the muscle groups will have to be spread and time considered. I will be adding legs to my regimen after Labor Day, and increasing the HIIT then as well

Mon: Chest, abs w/ 10 min HIIT
Tuesday: Back, Traps
Wed: Shoulders, abs w/ 10min HIIT
Thurs: Triceps, abs w/ 10 min HIIT
Fri: Traps
Sat: Forearms, biceps

PITFALLS
Yep, the stuff that will muck me up. I love coffee and treat it like a dessert, that will be dropped for straight green tea. I loves me some beer, which will be dropped and consumed in moderation from here on out. Labor Day is going to mess me up, but I don't eat when I drink (amazingly), so that damage will be limited to alcohol only.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:09 PM
Fearless DIY Guy

Received 373 Likes on 206 Posts
I'll post weekly updates and pics on Saturday morning, obviously didn't get them this week...

WEEK 31 (Week 1) STATS

Weight: 194lbs
Waist: n/a
BF %: n/a

Weekly Meal: 8oz chicken w/ blackbeans & Garlic

Macronutrient breakdown
2062 cals
297g protein
155g carbs
30g fat
22g fiber (yes, I track this, fiber is hella important given my family history)