Health & Fitness You're fat. Get skinny…

18lbs and Strechmarks

Old 12-20-2009, 02:08 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
18lbs and Strechmarks

hey guys,

i decided i didnt want to be scronny any longer so i started really dedicating myself to the gym.

i started working out just as summer was ending. i weighted myself and i at most 154lbs. the only problem is im 6'1.

its been several months and im now 172lbs.

id say ive put on maybe 3lbs of fat (stomach) and 15 of muscle. the growth is most noticeble in my pecs, shoulders, back and, biceps.

my legs look kinda skinny now. lol. gotta do some squats.

either way, ive noticed that i have some very visible strech marks starting at my pits reaching towards both, pecs and biceps.

my biceps actually started getting little red marks.

now my question is, how can i blend them in??? (i realize they are here to stay)

i have cocoa butter and it really has made a difference.

what else can i use, or do to prevent these from streaching any further or getting new ones?

thanks in advance.

oh and i am very happy with my new gains. (i can almost fill in a polo alll the way n, man it feels nice)
Old 12-20-2009, 03:35 PM

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts
Don't grow too much, too quickly.

Use cocoa butter or other strong body butter all over, every day.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:06 PM
trees grow in

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by adrian_04tl
hey guys,

i decided i didnt want to be scronny any longer so i started really dedicating myself to the gym.

i started working out just as summer was ending. i weighted myself and i at most 154lbs. the only problem is im 6'1.

its been several months and im now 172lbs.

id say ive put on maybe 3lbs of fat (stomach) and 15 of muscle. the growth is most noticeble in my pecs, shoulders, back and, biceps.

my legs look kinda skinny now. lol. gotta do some squats.

either way, ive noticed that i have some very visible strech marks starting at my pits reaching towards both, pecs and biceps.

my biceps actually started getting little red marks.

now my question is, how can i blend them in??? (i realize they are here to stay)

i have cocoa butter and it really has made a difference.

what else can i use, or do to prevent these from streaching any further or getting new ones?

thanks in advance.

oh and i am very happy with my new gains. (i can almost fill in a polo alll the way n, man it feels nice)
Look at 'em, get used to 'em, and embrace 'em. They are here to stay. Granted the color gets lighter with time, its staying w/ you and impossible to get rid of.

Also, some people get 'em easily, while others don't get 'em at all. It's all genetics.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:30 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Street Spirit
Don't grow too much, too quickly.

Use cocoa butter or other strong body butter all over, every day.
yeah the coconut butter is working well. just wanted to know what else is out there. oh and i NEED to grow.

Originally Posted by coconut
Look at 'em, get used to 'em, and embrace 'em. They are here to stay. Granted the color gets lighter with time, its staying w/ you and impossible to get rid of.

Also, some people get 'em easily, while others don't get 'em at all. It's all genetics.
18lbs in several months is good. but strech marks arent, you lift?
Old 12-21-2009, 07:10 PM
Racer

Don't over do it, working out that is. My friend was scrawny too and decided to dedicate himself to the gym....Now he's SUPER buff to the point of disgust imo. You should work on evening out your body proportion by working out the legs.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:13 PM
Go Giants

Received 1,231 Likes on 821 Posts
I have em from going the other way...
Old 12-21-2009, 07:46 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by mclovintsx
Don't over do it, working out that is. My friend was scrawny too and decided to dedicate himself to the gym....Now he's SUPER buff to the point of disgust imo. You should work on evening out your body proportion by working out the legs.
i wont, i also think too big is kinda gross. youre right tho, i gotta start working on my legs. my sister laughs after i come back from the gym. she says i look beastly up top but, like spongebob from my legs.

Originally Posted by Whiskers
I have em from going the other way...
i got strechmarks across my back in junior high. guess i grew too fast! literaly looks like someone whipped me.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:26 PM

oh and i NEED to grow.
Just take it easy...spread your workouts among all different muscle groups so you aren't gaining huge amounts in just one area, causing your skin to stretch so quickly.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:35 PM
Advanced

stretch marks blend in after time. just don't get any bigger. your body will adapt to the change, it just takes time.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:10 PM
trees grow in

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
18lbs in several months is good. but strech marks arent, you lift?
Yezzir, been lifting for about 3 yrs now. Hate to burst your bubble, but 15lbs of pure muscle in several muscles is impossible, even for noobie gaines.

You shouldn't neglect legs. By training the large muscle groups in legs, your body increases testerone (sp?) production level in order to cope with the necessary tissue repair, and the increased test. level becomes beneficial to your overall bodybuilding process. Deadlifts and squats are essential compound movement exercises that you should incorporate into leg/back routine.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:17 PM
Oh Hullow

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
i got em from gaining 20 lbs, then got even more from losing 65... i have a bunch, and the cocoa butter helps a lot, but if you dont treat them and they settle in (lose their redness) only way to really get rid of them is this laser treatment they have but it costs a few grand and its several semi painful procedures. i looked into it, but i still have work to do on my body.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:24 PM
Site Lurker, Rare poster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Great tips here. I've used lotions with Vitamin E and Aloe Vera for mine. I got mine from losing weight though. 220 to 180 sucks for stretch marks but I can live with it since it's health. They do seem to randomly show up on some ppl while others are lucky and never get them.

I have to agree that within a few months, gaining 15 lbs of muscle is hard to believe but you never know with the human body. Best thing to do is if you checked before and after with fat calipers but is what it is and if you did so then that's awesome. GL.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:08 AM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts
Never knew you could get them from losing weight

Good luck to you guys...these sound like a bitch
Old 12-29-2009, 10:26 AM

I doubt there is a such thing as actually getting stretch marks from losing weight. My guess would be that they were caused with growth and/or weight GAIN, but were not as visible or apparent until there was weight loss. They were there all along and just not as apparent because fuller skin often looks more supple. Losing fat causes flabby skin because all of the 'filler' is gone.