Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Weathertech Window Deflectors

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 11:50 AM
Drifting

Received 554 Likes on 387 Posts
Weathertech Window Deflectors

Just wanted to take a quick moment to share my experience with Weathertech window deflectors. I installed them last week only to notice the fronts and rears did not match. The rears stick out a full 1/4 inch more than the rears.

After going back to Bruce at EndlessRPM, which he ultimately reached out to Weathertech, I received the below response:

Thank you for the pictures. I spoke to Weathertech about your customer's comments, and they confirmed this is normal. The degree to which the deflectors for the rear windows bow out further than the front is largely application specific (the bow tends to be more prominent on narrower back windows like you see on the TL), but it is a conscious design choice on Weathertech's part.

I ran out to our parking lot here to look at the defectors installed on co-workers' cars with narrower rear windows (there are quite a few people with the visors here), and they exhibit the same bias towards more rear bow.

That being said, this is not something we would be able to accept a warranty return on, as Weathertech confirmed the product is not defective, and it has been installed.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

So, basically their claim of "OEM quality" and "sleek aerodynamic styling" is complete BS! They actually made a "conscious design choice" to have the fronts and rears look like you bought them from two different manufacturers. Now they won't work with me in any way since I've installed them. How in the hell would I know they fit this way without installing them?

Figured I'd give you all a heads up so you know this prior to purchasing.
The following users liked this post:
echodigital (10-10-2017)
Old 10-09-2017, 02:02 PM
moabizzi

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts
Thats some BS, I'll look at mine again, but i never noticed them to stick out that far, i'll post a pic once i get a chance to.
Old 10-09-2017, 03:46 PM
Drifting

Sounds good, thanks! Hopefully you don't notice the same issue with yours, though I posted in the 4G TL Facebook group and a few others mentioned they have the same problem. One of them stated he received a second set and though it was better, it still stuck out more. Bruce at www.endlessrpm.com has gone back to Weathertech again to request a partial refund and I've been in contact with them on Twitter but we'll see what happens. If they take care of me then I'll proceed to change my negative reviews on half a dozen sites and I'll update this thread.

Ultimately I'd like to take a Dremel to them and shave down the sides a bit. I'm thinking they're too long and when you force them in it causes the piece to bow out. However, I want to have some sort of backup plan in place before I do that considering they're less than a week old.
Old 10-09-2017, 04:05 PM
The inconvenient truth

Received 436 Likes on 322 Posts
You should just buy wellvisors instead.
Old 10-09-2017, 06:21 PM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Im suprised. Weathertech usually as good fitting products. Had a set on my previous Accord and the fitted like a glove.

+1 for the Wellvisors but yet again its a matter of personal taste.

Last edited by SkN012; 10-09-2017 at 06:25 PM.
Old 10-10-2017, 08:56 AM
Drifting

I really like the look of the WELLvisors better but have concerns about the chrome trim. I live in FL and park outside most days so didn't think it would hold up over time.

Fortunately I've gotten feedback from Weathertech via Twitter and they are indicating they will work with the vendor to allow me to return them. If that's the case, then I'll adjust all my negative reviews online (will still point out fitment issue but remove portions concerning lack of customer service) and move forward with the WELLvisors.

Weathertech recommended against taking a Dremel to them as the rears apparently need more tension due to less contact points than the front (thus the "bowing" in the rears). I still think they should mention this in the description of the item though.
Old 10-25-2017, 07:49 AM
Drifting

I wanted to follow up and advise that WeatherTech customer service took care of me in the end.

Bought the WELLvisors and damn they look awesome! I also reached out to their customer service to see what I could use to protect them from the sun and they advised that the chrome trim is now stainless steel so it should hold up much better than the older versions. Time will tell!
Old 10-30-2017, 11:02 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Do you pics of your newly installed WellVisors?
Old 11-01-2017, 07:24 AM
Drifting

Yes, they look great! I'm definitely a fan.

Old 11-01-2017, 03:09 PM
Racer

Received 119 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by ucf_bronco
Yes, they look great! I'm definitely a fan.
The way they design it just flows perfectly.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:44 PM
6th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I actually had this same issue. Rears bowed. I dremeled the edges of both rear visors and that fixed the issue for anyone who would like to fix the problem!

Just wanted to take a quick moment to share my experience with Weathertech window deflectors. I installed them last week only to notice the fronts and rears did not match. The rears stick out a full 1/4 inch more than the rears.

After going back to Bruce at EndlessRPM, which he ultimately reached out to Weathertech, I received the below response:

Thank you for the pictures. I spoke to Weathertech about your customer's comments, and they confirmed this is normal. The degree to which the deflectors for the rear windows bow out further than the front is largely application specific (the bow tends to be more prominent on narrower back windows like you see on the TL), but it is a conscious design choice on Weathertech's part.

I ran out to our parking lot here to look at the defectors installed on co-workers' cars with narrower rear windows (there are quite a few people with the visors here), and they exhibit the same bias towards more rear bow.

That being said, this is not something we would be able to accept a warranty return on, as Weathertech confirmed the product is not defective, and it has been installed.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

So, basically their claim of "OEM quality" and "sleek aerodynamic styling" is complete BS! They actually made a "conscious design choice" to have the fronts and rears look like you bought them from two different manufacturers. Now they won't work with me in any way since I've installed them. How in the hell would I know they fit this way without installing them?

Figured I'd give you all a heads up so you know this prior to purchasing.
Old 11-15-2017, 07:39 AM
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
I really like the look of the WELLvisors better but have concerns about the chrome trim. I live in FL and park outside most days so didn't think it would hold up over time.

Fortunately I've gotten feedback from Weathertech via Twitter and they are indicating they will work with the vendor to allow me to return them. If that's the case, then I'll adjust all my negative reviews online (will still point out fitment issue but remove portions concerning lack of customer service) and move forward with the WELLvisors.

Weathertech recommended against taking a Dremel to them as the rears apparently need more tension due to less contact points than the front (thus the "bowing" in the rears). I still think they should mention this in the description of the item though.
I don't think it's a fitment issue, but more of a design issue. I remember having them but don't recall if the rears stuck out drastically. It didn't bother me though. Only reason I got rid of them is because one of them caused failure to my window regulator as I was closing the window. And thanks for letting us know about Wellvisors new stainless steel design. The longevity was definitely one of my issues with Wellvisors. Also, I wish their plastic was made of better quality. Seeing through Wellvisors plastic is not as clear as seeing through Weathertech's plastic, if you know what I mean. Wellvisors give off a funhouse effect. These things do increase blind spots so seeing clearly through the plastic would be a plus.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:35 AM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ucf_bronco,

Real slick looking 4G.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:04 AM
Pro

Received 102 Likes on 78 Posts
Just got myself a set of Wellvisors but won’t be able to install them due to the weather being cold in Ct.. Any idea what the weather was like when you put yours on? It’s below below 50 here.