A Warning to Tailgating drivers!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 01:17 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Warning to Tailgating drivers!

I decided to take a scenic drive today on the serpentine Ortega highway that connects the Inland Empire with the beach cities of Socal, via the Cleveland National forest.

About 15 minutes into the drive, a Scion XB driver decided to tailgate me. I flipped the shifter into S mode and decided to put on a dexterity clinic. To my surprise, the Scion driver had the temerity to try and follow me and he almost ran off the road. After that frightening experience, he quickly disappeared in my rear view mirror.

The lesson here is that a driver should know the capability of the vehicle he/she is driving before he/she decides to tailgate a more dexterous and athletic machine on a winding and hilly road like Ortega Highway. I sure hope that this guy never try something this stupid again; he could have lost his life.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:23 AM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Received 810 Likes on 522 Posts
You didn't want to just pull over and let him pass?
Old 05-01-2011, 01:29 AM
Advanced

I thought about it, but when a chihuahua is nipping at your heels it helps to remind him who is the big dog. It is not like he was driving a BMW or any other car that is eminently known for its handling.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:34 AM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,484 Likes on 1,048 Posts
What good does it do you to remind him that you're the "big dog"? Not like you'll ever see each other again.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:35 AM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Received 810 Likes on 522 Posts
I hear ya. As each year goes by I seem to mellow out a bit more. Still, the urge to teach someone a lesson is still present...
Old 05-01-2011, 01:39 AM
Advanced

I may have taught him a valuable lesson; don't push a car beyond its engineered limits. Good drivers know the mechanical limits of their car. When I use to drive my Nissan Altima in the late 90s I would never dare push it the way I sometimes push my 4G TL SH-AWD today.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:51 AM

Received 1,020 Likes on 792 Posts
Originally Posted by ardenne90
I decided to take a scenic drive today on the serpentine Ortega highway that connects the Inland Empire with the beach cities of Socal, via the Cleveland National forest.

About 15 minutes into the drive, a Scion XB driver decided to tailgate me. I flipped the shifter into S mode and decided to put on a dexterity clinic. To my surprise, the Scion driver had the temerity to try and follow me and he almost ran off the road. After that frightening experience, he quickly disappeared in my rear view mirror.

The lesson here is that a driver should know the capability of the vehicle he/she is driving before he/she decides to tailgate a more dexterous and athletic machine on a winding and hilly road like Ortega Highway. I sure hope that this guy never try something this stupid again; he could have lost his life.

dont get too cocky there, sometimes doing this will result in a accident.. its better to just pull over..
Old 05-01-2011, 04:06 AM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I don't understand why you guys are making this a big deal. He was not tailgating, he was BEING tailgated.

All that I see is that he began to drive faster pushing the limits of the SHAWD, and the guy could not keep up and did not know the limits of his car. No one held a gun to the xB drivers head and made him follow op.

If anything he made it so the punk in the xB scared himself into not driving as fast anymore.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:40 AM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Even though people will flame you on the internet for it,I would do the same haha, or i tend to drvie extra slow on the freeway when someone tailgates me. I support you. lol
Old 05-01-2011, 07:46 AM
Moneyman2011

About 20 years ago I was riding in a car with one of my friends whose nickname was "V", because from his hips to his shoulders, that is what it looked like. He was college wrestler, competitive weight lifter, and black belt in Karate. In other words, you would want him on your side in a bar brawl. At the time he had a police cruiser he bought from the PA State Police that had been damaged in a hail storm. He fixed it up to look like an undercover cop car, but with a supercharged Mustang motor in it. To say this car was fast and could handle is an understatement. Well, one evening we were heading out to a bar, and some stupid kid in a hopped up POS decided to play with my friend by tailgating him. I could see the anger building like Mount Saint Helens prior to the explosion. After several miles of this idiot being close enough to not see his headlights, my friend had it. He stopped short enough that the kid hit the back of his car and my friend's car is what actually stopped the car behind him too. He got out, stomped back the car behind him, and proceeded to yank this kid out of the driver’s seat through his seat belt out the window and slam him up against his own car without the kids feet so much as being anywhere near the ground. Mind you he did this one handed! I don't know what he said to the kid, but when he threw him over the roof of his own car into the drainage ditch and returned to the car to leave the area, I asked him what happened? He said that he wanted to be clear to the kid that this kind of behavior was not going to be tolerated, and that if he kept it up he was going to really get mad. I said, "this was not you getting mad?" He said "no, you would not like me when I get mad." He sounded like he was quoting a line from the Hulk.

What is funny about my friend "V", is he is a very successful attorney and a father of three girls. God help the boys that want to take any of his girls out on a date. Can you imagine the interview of the boy?
Old 05-01-2011, 07:48 AM
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm with helijoe, 3 options to choose and the follower's response would be unpredictable. My choice would depend on what kind of day I was having. Tailgaters can be irritating, no doubt!
Old 05-01-2011, 09:11 AM
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by [COLOR=#333333
][/COLOR]Can you imagine the interview of the boy?
I friend of mine has a couple of daughters and he's a big guy. When a boy comes over to pick up his daughter for a date he takes them aside before leaving and says, "Have a good time and make sure to be safe. (Putting his arm around him) Anything that YOU do to her, I do to YOU. Do you understand what I'm saying?"
Old 05-01-2011, 10:35 AM
2G TLX-S

Received 1,133 Likes on 813 Posts
Good that you teach him a lesson. If you had let his pass this time, he would continue to tailgate someone else next time. So if he were to cause an accident, he would no matter what; you or someone else.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:29 AM
Op is too busy to care

Received 913 Likes on 540 Posts
Originally Posted by ardenne90
I thought about it, but when a chihuahua is nipping at your heels it helps to remind him who is the big dog.

this is one of the greatest things i have ever read on acurazine. Honestly, i know its not "the right thing to do" but im on your side. When i am already going at well above the speed limit and some broke ass hoopti is nipping at my heels the only thing i can think of is "does this guy want to eat my dick?" "this guy wants to eat my dick."

i could give two shits if anyone speeds but tailgate and you lost my respect