Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Transmission update

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 12:07 AM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Transmission update

I got a letter saying my car has a tranny update for shuddering. The car is a little jerky on downshifts but I don't ever feel any vibrations. I have tried getting the update twice but the dealer down the road said that it nothing is wrong, I should not update. Should I try to update it?
Old 10-21-2017, 05:45 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 325 Likes on 214 Posts
Yes update it, I had mine done and its night and day difference, it corrects any hesitation and shutter and even holds gears a little longer before shifts so the car doesn't bog down anymore. Its well worth getting, I was going to sell my car until I got that update and it totally changedthe driving experience for me.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:56 AM
The inconvenient truth

Received 436 Likes on 322 Posts
Yes get it done. When I first bought my car I went to the local dealer to get service records and they got the records for me and said everything was up to date except for the tranny software update. They said we will do it for free when would you like to book it and they did it. They had no idea if it "needed" it or not, they had never even seen the car before. I didn't really notice much of a difference. Don't let them characterize it as something that may or may not need to be done. Be like its an update isn't it? I want my car to be up to date so do it.