Top speed limiter and ecu tuning

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 10:30 AM
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by CruzanTLSH-AWD
This tread....SMH...

So as a member 13 year member of public safety here is my opinion:

While it may be cool that your Honda Accord can do 155mph- doing it on a public road way is just plain and simple: stupid. Ive seen the end result of 100 plus MPH crashes. Endangering the lives of others to see the top speed of your car is asinine ( not implying that was you). Now that video you cannot tell if they were on a closed track or not, but taping with your phone + doing 155mph- even more irresponsible. Hopefully that run was done on a closed road.

I'd hate to see anyone lose their life over something so trivial.

Last edited by GYac; 03-17-2017 at 10:33 AM.
Old 03-18-2017, 08:05 PM
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
After all the hysteria my question seemed to provoke....

A few observations here:
  1. THANK YOU Mr. McFarnam, for answering my question without judgment, moralizing or acting the pompous Know it All.
  2. To assume that I don't get it regarding Turbocharging vs Naturally Aspirated Engines, I started playing with turbocharged cars in the 70's when 911 Turbos delivered power like an On/Off switch and Saab Turbos were thought to be quite powerful due to producing 135hp. Not to put too fine a point on it, I was carrying a rifle and getting shot at for a living before you were in Pissy Pants. PS, I also sold tires for a living when I was in graduate school.
  3. Talking about dick swinging contests (after having just read all the posts in this thread) suggests the need for a mirror.
  4. Finally, I am a wordsmith and I write for a living. All the effort put into being "Witty" with comments and insults could be put to better use answering people's questions.
Again, THANK YOU Mr. McFarnam and Godspeed to you!

Nuff Said.
The following users liked this post:
joemcfarnham (03-18-2017)
Old 03-18-2017, 11:27 PM
Drifting

Received 416 Likes on 365 Posts
Originally Posted by simplemonk
A few observations here:
  1. THANK YOU Mr. McFarnam, for answering my question without judgment, moralizing or acting the pompous Know it All.
  2. To assume that I don't get it regarding Turbocharging vs Naturally Aspirated Engines, I started playing with turbocharged cars in the 70's when 911 Turbos delivered power like an On/Off switch and Saab Turbos were thought to be quite powerful due to producing 135hp. Not to put too fine a point on it, I was carrying a rifle and getting shot at for a living before you were in Pissy Pants. PS, I also sold tires for a living when I was in graduate school.
  3. Talking about dick swinging contests (after having just read all the posts in this thread) suggests the need for a mirror.
  4. Finally, I am a wordsmith and I write for a living. All the effort put into being "Witty" with comments and insults could be put to better use answering people's questions.
Again, THANK YOU Mr. McFarnam and Godspeed to you!

Nuff Said.
I don't know if it was intentional, but I feel slighted for not being mentioned in a positive manner or even at all after doing most the heavy lifting !
TheMuffinMan (03-19-2017)
Old 03-19-2017, 03:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 210 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by HeartTLs
I don't know if it was intentional, but I feel slighted for not being mentioned in a positive manner or even at all after doing most the heavy lifting !
You and I got into dickswinging contests while the 65 year old was busy maxing out his TL on public roads.
HeartTLs (03-20-2017)
Old 03-19-2017, 04:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 210 Likes on 158 Posts
Reading back through the thread though, I don't think joemcfarnham actually answered anything? HeartTLs did way more...

And no thanks for Muffin that answered it in the first reply
Old 03-20-2017, 02:32 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan
You and I got into dickswinging contests while the 65 year old was busy maxing out his TL on public roads.

Read your reply quickly and saw "dicktwisting contest" LOL.

Edit: He's earned the right to kill as many men, women and children as he want! God bless Merica and it's patriots!
TheMuffinMan (03-20-2017)
Old 04-04-2017, 12:46 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by joemcfarnham
Any news on removing the speed limiter?
Originally Posted by KSeriesTuner
Have something in testing for limit.
Originally Posted by KSeriesTuner
Testing was successful. There will be an update with the limiter removed. Thanks for being patient guys.

​​​​​​​
Old 04-06-2017, 12:14 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
how is everyone else hitting 135 in their TL?

Maybe I'm driving an auto and its the heaviest TL they have (AWD Adv.) but I'm on the same boat as OP my car while in 6th (can't even go down to 5th) will not go faster than 120ish
CruzanTLSH-AWD (04-06-2017)
Old 04-06-2017, 10:41 PM
Pro

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by fryrice
how is everyone else hitting 135 in their TL?

Maybe I'm driving an auto and its the heaviest TL they have (AWD Adv.) but I'm on the same boat as OP my car while in 6th (can't even go down to 5th) will not go faster than 120ish
Maybe because you don't have the HPT package? lol