Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

TL Takata Airbag Recall

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 09:55 AM
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by LostProphet
I recently traded in my 09 TL FWD Tech for a 2012 TL SH-AWD Advance , I got a really good offer/deal I couldn't resist. My 09 had the inflator replaced the last day of April but the '12 was still carrying the defective part, I bought it anyways knowing I will be provided with a loaner or rental from any Acura dealer. After a couple days I called my local Acura dealer in MD which is Rosenthal in Gaithersburg, they had the part in stock so I drove by, got an RDX loaner and after 1 hour my car was all set. The experience and service provided at Rosenthal is excellent, and even that I got free oil changes for 4 years from the VA Acura dealer with the recent car purchase I will keep going to Rosenthal Acura for all my service needs.
Did you buy your 2012 from a VA Acura dealership? I thought Honda/Acura dealerships were "not allowed" to retail cars that were affected by the airbag recall until they were fixed? And unless the VA dealership is way out of your way, I'd personally use the oil changes to save ~$160 on 4 oil changes (or if they are transferable, you can always gift/donate them to me )
Old 06-15-2016, 10:30 AM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by EE4Life
Takata Non-Desiccated Front Passenger Airbag Inflator Recall Update 6/14/16
20160614_BRUCE_AIRBAG_6-9-16v2_768Kbps_360p
No rental cars for passenger side airbags then. Apparently we are supposed to leave the passenger seat in the front empty.

It would be nice to know what cars are affected. July?
Old 06-15-2016, 12:58 PM
Drifting

Received 234 Likes on 162 Posts
Originally Posted by lbotez
No rental cars for passenger side airbags then. Apparently we are supposed to leave the passenger seat in the front empty.

All 4th Gen TL's are affected. count on it. They did not install Takata airbag inflators in one side and not the other.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 303 Likes on 211 Posts
We have a '12 TL SH-AWD Tech that my wife drives and we live in NH. We opted to keep driving the car (as well as my '15 RDX) and not get a loaner. I also put my name on the dealer's "list" back in February when this first started getting socialized. I got informed over the last couple of months that I'd fall to a "tier 3" since I chose to keep driving my car (behind those that had stop-sale at the dealership, and those who got rentals/loaners as the first 2 tiers). He also told me that each inflator came in with a specific VIN attached. So through today, I figured I was on the long-list until july or august or whenever.

I got a call today saying that one person who was on the list with a loaner had moved out of the country with their car, and that the inflator for that car was freed up to the "tier 3" list - where my name was on the top. So Friday the wife's '12 TL gets the driver inflator replaced. Note - this "tier 3" thing isn't their term - it's my extrapolation of how they're treating the priority list for replacement. And what I found is that there is a "tier 4" - and that's for dealership employees that purchased/leased their cars through dealer-sponsored programs. (personal buys/lease are in the other categories). So it means if you work for Acura and got a car on the cheap thru a program, you're the last to see the inflators.....

andy
Old 06-15-2016, 02:34 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverJ
All 4th Gen TL's are affected. count on it. They did not install Takata airbag inflators in one side and not the other.
Meh. I hate sitting in the back seat.
Good thing I'm going on vacation and won't be sitting in the car passenger seat for a few weeks.
Old 06-15-2016, 03:20 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Got it replaced today for my TL. It took 20 mins.
Old 06-16-2016, 05:50 AM
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 tl sh-awd owner

dealer service dept towed my car to my house, drove me to Enterprise and i am now driving a new Maxima until parts come in. I was told 60 days, perhaps less. No complaints here.
The following users liked this post:
ReyesMX (06-16-2016)
Old 06-16-2016, 07:28 AM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by CTNYC
Did you buy your 2012 from a VA Acura dealership? I thought Honda/Acura dealerships were "not allowed" to retail cars that were affected by the airbag recall until they were fixed? And unless the VA dealership is way out of your way, I'd personally use the oil changes to save ~$160 on 4 oil changes (or if they are transferable, you can always gift/donate them to me )
"The memo also included a warning: Dealerships would be responsible for any claims stemming from selling an unrepaired car from the affected population.

“Should an unrepaired vehicle result in any claim because of the required recall repair, the dealership will be solely responsible to the claimant, and will be required to defend and indemnify American Honda for any resulting claims,” Honda said in the memo.

Federal law bars the sale of new vehicles with pending recalls, but not that of used vehicles, and regulators have been stymied in their efforts to compel dealers to make recall repairs on used vehicles before sale.

Honda’s order would apply to its own dealerships only and not independent used-car dealers." (link to story: http://www.autonews.com/article/2016...-airbag-recall)

Quoted from a news story on the Takata recall, seems that it all depends on where you buy your car, but if this was indeed a Honda/Acura dealer the dealership is liable if anything happens if the sale was after the announced recall. Sucks to be that dealer...

Old 06-16-2016, 07:41 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lbotez

It says it will be evaluated on a case by case basis but you have to contact American Honda Customer service, the dealer can not approve the loaner/rental directly through them unless the car is actually being repaired. Watch the video from 2;02 on regarding this. I'm sure if you have one vehicle and it is the only vehicle that you have to transport your entire family they will make concessions for you. However, if no one sits in the passenger seat then the airbag system is off so it would never deploy. We should still be curious to know about the side curtain airbags in these cars.
Old 06-16-2016, 08:52 AM
Hud
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't believe Honda can simply assign liability to the dealer.

Honda maybe trying to stick the dealers neck into the noose along with theirs, but since Honda mfg the defective vehicle they will retain liability. Saddest part of this entire mess is that the problem was know to exist over 10 years ago and nobody attempted to correct it.
Originally Posted by ReyesMX
"The memo also included a warning: Dealerships would be responsible for any claims stemming from selling an unrepaired car from the affected population.

“Should an unrepaired vehicle result in any claim because of the required recall repair, the dealership will be solely responsible to the claimant, and will be required to defend and indemnify American Honda for any resulting claims,” Honda said in the memo.

Federal law bars the sale of new vehicles with pending recalls, but not that of used vehicles, and regulators have been stymied in their efforts to compel dealers to make recall repairs on used vehicles before sale.

Honda’s order would apply to its own dealerships only and not independent used-car dealers." (link to story: http://www.autonews.com/article/2016...-airbag-recall)

Quoted from a news story on the Takata recall, seems that it all depends on where you buy your car, but if this was indeed a Honda/Acura dealer the dealership is liable if anything happens if the sale was after the announced recall. Sucks to be that dealer...
Old 06-16-2016, 09:11 AM
Hud
Intermediate

Honda CS has not been helpful.

I recently purchases a 2016 RDX, love the car but I am concerned as the model and year is listed on the Takata recall. The list says 'early model year' 2016's. Mine was mfg in Nov of 2015 so I called Acura CS to inquire if it had Takata inflators or if it was produced after the change. CS told me there was no way to tell which inflator was installed other that to take it to a dealer and have them 'take it apart' and visually inspect it. I don't know if Acura CS service considers their customers stupid or if they are simply being dishonest, no reason they can't run the VIN and ID what parts were used to manufacture a new vehicle. CS was rude and I asked for the ID number of the recording they made of our conversation, she refused to give me that information and simple said she would type her version of our conversation into the record. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told none was available but one would call me in 48 hours, I am still waiting for that call. Overall after spending over $40K for a new vehicle I am very unhappy with Acura. I have received much better CS from Ford. I see some posts that provide cover for Honda, all I can say is the airbag situation has been evident for many years and they continued installing the defective parts in 2016 model year vehicles.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:49 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Hud
Honda maybe trying to stick the dealers neck into the noose along with theirs, but since Honda mfg the defective vehicle they will retain liability. Saddest part of this entire mess is that the problem was know to exist over 10 years ago and nobody attempted to correct it.
I don't think they are just assigning responsibility to the dealer but rather making them responsible for failing to follow HMC/AHCs "stop-sale" order on affected vehicles. The key words to me are "defend and indemnify". The dealer will have to defend Honda by admitting they were told not to sell the cars and then financially compensate Honda for the cost of any claim that may arise from that sale. You are right in the fact that this is a noose around the neck and ultimately Honda is responsible. However, if the contract a dealer has with Honda permits this, then technicially in a legal court of law it could be enforced. Sure the dealer may go bankrupt after a multimillion dollar lawsuit, but do you think Honda would care? In any news publication Honda would be able to say "We told the dealer not to sell the vehicle and the did so without regard".

Note that independant dealers are not included, because they can not be since they have no contract with Honda. I'm sure Honda has a legal team who researched this to make sure it was legal to do so. If not then shame on them and they will get what they deserve should any dealer turn around and sue them if this happens.
Old 06-16-2016, 11:38 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 133 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by Hud
Unless you've read the franchise agreement (and they're thick), I'm not sure it's that easy to take this position.
Old 06-16-2016, 01:52 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ephi82
2012 tl sh-awd owner

dealer service dept towed my car to my house, drove me to Enterprise and i am now driving a new Maxima until parts come in. I was told 60 days, perhaps less. No complaints here.
what is the reasoning behind car being towed ? Its not like it has a brake issue and car is not drivable ?? I drove my TL all through the last 4 months and got the inflator replaced yesterday ...not a big deal at all as how people are making things out of it. The recall is for all cars and not for affected cars as there is no way to know which cars has defective airbag inflators.
Old 06-16-2016, 04:37 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by boss2k
what is the reasoning behind car being towed ? Its not like it has a brake issue and car is not drivable ?? I drove my TL all through the last 4 months and got the inflator replaced yesterday ...not a big deal at all as how people are making things out of it. The recall is for all cars and not for affected cars as there is no way to know which cars has defective airbag inflators.
service advisor said car was unsafe to drive. Period. I have heard that the chances of injuries is enhanced in humid environments. I live in S FL, and yes its humid here.

they towed my car because they dont want anyone to get hurt. No chances. That tells me this is a serious thing.

You? You are an idiot to criticize taking measures to protect people. Stupid

I Applaud how my dealer has taken care of me as a customer.
Old 06-16-2016, 04:38 PM
Intermediate

let me say it in a different way. You are a meathead.
Old 06-16-2016, 05:21 PM
Hud
Intermediate

You seem to be afraid of driving with a M18 Claymore 18 inches in front of you.
Old 06-16-2016, 09:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 118 Likes on 85 Posts
I in the market for 2014 Acura TL-SH-AWD but inventory is slim. Does anyone knows when dealers gonna start fixing there inventory. I really need new car, and TLX is not an option right now, because of its size and cheapness....
Old 06-17-2016, 10:06 AM
Instructor

service advisor said car was unsafe to drive. Period. I have heard that the chances of injuries is enhanced in humid environments. I live in S FL, and yes its humid here.

they towed my car because they dont want anyone to get hurt. No chances. That tells me this is a serious thing.

You? You are an idiot to criticize taking measures to protect people. Stupid

I Applaud how my dealer has taken care of me as a customer.
You are an idiot and joker yourself.... try to think rationally and u will understand my point ...otherwise u r a dumbhead.
Old 06-17-2016, 08:31 PM
Drifting

You are an idiot and joker yourself.... try to think rationally and u will understand my point ...otherwise u r a dumbhead.
Your the one not thinking rationally. Do you REALLY think Honda has over 3 BILLION dollars allotted to this issue if it "were no big deal".
Educate yourself on the topic, instead of listening to your service department or whoever else planted this ridiculous notion in your head that this is "no big deal" .
You are right though, it's not a big deal, it's a HUGE deal. Read and learn.
Forbes Welcome
Old 06-17-2016, 08:54 PM
Instructor

Your the one not thinking rationally. Do you REALLY think Honda has over 3 BILLION dollars allotted to this issue if it "were no big deal".
Educate yourself on the topic, instead of listening to your service department or whoever else planted this ridiculous notion in your head that this is "no big deal" .
You are right though, it's not a big deal, it's a HUGE deal. Read and learn.
Forbes Welcome
Listen, we all know it's an issue but it's not that much of an issue that u can't drive the car to a dealership and get it towed there..that's stupid. Secondly this airbag issue you don't know if your car is really affected as the recall is for all cars and not affected cars ...I am told it has not been detected in any Acura yet. .. so it will be fixed in due time, nothing to get paranoid about. Issue is with lot of other manufacturers also.
Old 06-18-2016, 05:11 AM
Drifting

Listen, we all know it's an issue but it's not that much of an issue that u can't drive the car to a dealership and get it towed there..that's stupid. Secondly this airbag issue you don't know if your car is really affected as the recall is for all cars and not affected cars ...I am told it has not been detected in any Acura yet. .. so it will be fixed in due time, nothing to get paranoid about. Issue is with lot of other manufacturers also.
Dude. Wake up. Stop listening to whatever idiot service manager or Acura salesman is telling you this nonsense.
The defective part is in ALL cars that are recalled. As far as whether or not its been detected in any Acura's or not.
Ask the guy who died in his TL.
Takata airbag victims looked like they had been shot or stabbed | Fox 59

Old 06-18-2016, 03:46 PM
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Well, 1400 miles and 28 days later on the rental, I got my driver side inflator fixed. Also found a nail in a tire, so got that replaced as well.

Now it's time to wait for my VIN to pop up on the passenger side recall expansion!
Old 06-20-2016, 07:22 AM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

Received 599 Likes on 454 Posts
Rec'd a call late Wed that the inflator was in, so took it in Sat morning and had it replaced. For the record my dealer has been fantastic, I have nothing but great things to say about them throughout this mess. Total rental charge was close to $2,300

I asked about the passenger side and was given the same info as we have already seen here on the forum. I am happy on one hand but pissed off on the other, because even though the drivers side is finally fixed, I hate to still have this passenger side issue unresolved..I know a fix is in the works, but regardless it still pisses me off.

Old 06-20-2016, 09:08 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by JT4
Rec'd a call late Wed that the inflator was in, so took it in Sat morning and had it replaced. For the record my dealer has been fantastic, I have nothing but great things to say about them throughout this mess. Total rental charge was close to $2,300

I asked about the passenger side and was given the same info as we have already seen here on the forum. I am happy on one hand but pissed off on the other, because even though the drivers side is finally fixed, I hate to still have this passenger side issue unresolved..I know a fix is in the works, but regardless it still pisses me off.
Let's not forget about the side airbags. Most likely also Takata inflators.
Old 06-20-2016, 10:09 AM
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
Went into Pohanka for an oil change and asked my SA about the air bag inflator and if he can order it for my car - He said that he put in the order and that it should arrive in 2 - 3 weeks and that they'll give me a call when it comes in... If I don't hear anything, then I should give them a call... So this sounds somewhat promising that I won't be waiting too long. Will update if I get it replaced at/by my next oil change (which might end up being in about 4-5 weeks anyways)
Old 06-20-2016, 10:34 AM
Burning Brakes

Dude. Wake up. Stop listening to whatever idiot service manager or Acura salesman is telling you this nonsense.
The defective part is in ALL cars that are recalled. As far as whether or not its been detected in any Acura's or not.
Ask the guy who died in his TL.
Takata airbag victims looked like they had been shot or stabbed | Fox 59
That story is about a 2002 TL, which has about as much in common with your 2012 as a Camry.
Old 06-20-2016, 01:30 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by sockpuppet
That story is about a 2002 TL, which has about as much in common with your 2012 as a Camry.
I was just pointing out that it affects Acura a well as Honda. It's the same defective part that is in all these cars, it doesn't matter what's surrounding them.
Old 06-20-2016, 02:51 PM
Burning Brakes

I was just pointing out that it affects Acura a well as Honda. It's the same defective part that is in all these cars, it doesn't matter what's surrounding them.
I get that; however when you start with "Dude. Wake up. Stop listening to whatever idiot..." and then cherry-pick facts without qualification, it loses a bit of meaning.

At this point, the facts are in. There's a recall involving Honda and Acura (and other manufacturers) over airbags that have caused injury and death. The units most affected (and at most risk) are those in areas of high heat and humidity. And the lifespan appears to be about 10 years.

That's really it in a nutshell, isn't it? And honestly, there aren't many dummies driving TL's...most of the people here can understand the facts and issues and evaluate for themselves. The fact that this thread is now on its 19th (!) page beggars the imagination. Certainly, there's some value to discussing strategies to get the best rental, or the quickest service, but all this complaining and posting new stories about what Congress is doing, what investigators are doing, etc. really isn't adding much, is it?

And since I know what your response will be, I'll save you some trouble and answer your next (rhetorical) question...no, I don't feel comfortable with a bomb on my steering wheel, or having metal shards blast into my face. But I'm one of the driver's I've described above...a grown-up, that can evaluate the facts and the risks for myself. So I know I have a greater chance of being t-boned by a bus, than getting hurt by my airbag. In any event, whether I was comfortable with my airbag or not doesn't change any part of the equation or the risk. Unlike many, although I'd prefer that there were no issues, and I certainly regret the loss of life, I think Acura/Honda's response to be appropriate. I don't believe they're sitting on a stockpile of inflators. I don't believe they orchestrated these airbag failures. I don't believe they had any way of knowing there was a problem until the problem manifested itself. And I do believe they have every interest and intention to fix this and put it behind them as quickly as possible.
Old 06-20-2016, 03:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 153 Likes on 125 Posts
I get that; however when you start with "Dude. Wake up. Stop listening to whatever idiot..." and then cherry-pick facts without qualification, it loses a bit of meaning.

At this point, the facts are in. There's a recall involving Honda and Acura (and other manufacturers) over airbags that have caused injury and death. The units most affected (and at most risk) are those in areas of high heat and humidity. And the lifespan appears to be about 10 years.

That's really it in a nutshell, isn't it? And honestly, there aren't many dummies driving TL's...most of the people here can understand the facts and issues and evaluate for themselves. The fact that this thread is now on its 19th (!) page beggars the imagination. Certainly, there's some value to discussing strategies to get the best rental, or the quickest service, but all this complaining and posting new stories about what Congress is doing, what investigators are doing, etc. really isn't adding much, is it?

And since I know what your response will be, I'll save you some trouble and answer your next (rhetorical) question...no, I don't feel comfortable with a bomb on my steering wheel, or having metal shards blast into my face. But I'm one of the driver's I've described above...a grown-up, that can evaluate the facts and the risks for myself. So I know I have a greater chance of being t-boned by a bus, than getting hurt by my airbag. In any event, whether I was comfortable with my airbag or not doesn't change any part of the equation or the risk. Unlike many, although I'd prefer that there were no issues, and I certainly regret the loss of life, I think Acura/Honda's response to be appropriate. I don't believe they're sitting on a stockpile of inflators. I don't believe they orchestrated these airbag failures. I don't believe they had any way of knowing there was a problem until the problem manifested itself. And I do believe they have every interest and intention to fix this and put it behind them as quickly as possible.
NOBODY disagrees with you.

What ticked him off is post #734 made by boss2k. I am sure all of us here understand the problem but we make our choices. There is no need to criticize.

Chance is low, but if it happened to you during an accident, would you not sue Honda/Acura/Takada/etc? I am sure you couldn't. But your family would.
Old 06-20-2016, 03:53 PM
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts
When they replace the driver's side airbags, they replace the entire assembly correct? In other words, the vinyl part with Acura logo will be new as well correct?
Old 06-20-2016, 05:40 PM
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by mossman77
When they replace the driver's side airbags, they replace the entire assembly correct? In other words, the vinyl part with Acura logo will be new as well correct?
This is what is being replaced...it's simply the inflator portion of your airbag. Hope this helps some of those who are in the dark about what exactly is being done on our vehicles...

No, I am not sorry about the size of my pictures, they show DETAIL.

-greg
The following 4 users liked this post by '99-6SIC6:
crxb (06-21-2016), CTNYC (06-20-2016), hadokenuh (06-21-2016), JT4 (06-21-2016)
Old 06-21-2016, 02:07 AM
2G TLX-S

Received 1,133 Likes on 813 Posts
^^^^^

Basically a hand grenade without the segmented outside shell.

Old 06-21-2016, 09:07 AM
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts
Thanks. I was under the impression the entire assembly was being replaced, including the vinyl cover (not the case).

I found this replacement procedure for the earlier model Acuras for anyone interested: http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs...4V351-4556.pdf

Last edited by mossman77; 06-21-2016 at 09:17 AM.
Old 06-21-2016, 02:57 PM
Drifting

My responses were based on Boss2k's incorrect statements. Your call whether or not your car is safe or not.
Personally, I have zero faith in Honda/Takata to know exactly what conditions will cause the inflator to malfunction.
It's not an exact science and its documented that many conditions were not tested by Takata engineers.
13 people or so were killed, but theres 100's of other accidents that no one has reported details on, for all we know it could have been in a 2012 TL from New York.
Considering that a lot of this has been a big coverup by takata and/or Honda. I choose to pursue the path that will have the least chance of injuring me or any of my friends or family.
Your path may be more risky, and that's entirely up to you. I'll take my risks elsewhere.

Old 06-22-2016, 07:31 AM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

Received 599 Likes on 454 Posts
My responses were based on Boss2k's incorrect statements. Your call whether or not your car is safe or not.
Personally, I have zero faith in Honda/Takata to know exactly what conditions will cause the inflator to malfunction.
It's not an exact science and its documented that many conditions were not tested by Takata engineers.
13 people or so were killed, but theres 100's of other accidents that no one has reported details on, for all we know it could have been in a 2012 TL from New York.
Considering that a lot of this has been a big coverup by takata and/or Honda. I choose to pursue the path that will have the least chance of injuring me or any of my friends or family.
Your path may be more risky, and that's entirely up to you. I'll take my risks elsewhere.
And this is my feeling too.. Although I honestly feel the risk is low of something happening, since the TL is now driven most by my middle son, with his girlfriend in the passenger seat, there was no way I was taking any chances. I didn't need to have some idiot blow a light and haver my son "T-Bone" him and then the inflator blows up and kills my son or passenger. Yeah, maybe I am being a little dramatic but I would rather be extra careful with someone's life, especially one of my sons.

If it was my DD and I was driving it alone maybe it wouldn't bother me as much because I wouldn't be putting anyone in harms way.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:13 AM
Intermediate

Very happy to report that after just 7 days of using an Acura paid for rental, my TL is ready to pick up.

I've not been to this thread since the 16th, but I cant believe all the debate over the need for a rental car and the tow of mine?

The dealer encouraged me to do both. They wanted me and their employees safe. What is so hard to understand about this? What's wrong with it?

Old 06-23-2016, 02:52 PM
Drifting

Very happy to report that after just 7 days of using an Acura paid for rental, my TL is ready to pick up.

I've not been to this thread since the 16th, but I cant believe all the debate over the need for a rental car and the tow of mine?

The dealer encouraged me to do both. They wanted me and their employees safe. What is so hard to understand about this? What's wrong with it?
Absolutely nothing. You made the safe choice as did your dealer.
Some here don't seem to think this multi billion dollar recall is "no big deal" and the chances of anything happening
to them is slim to none.
Old 06-23-2016, 03:51 PM
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 20 Posts
I have the part ordered 2 months ago but dealer never contacted me. Got the rental care in June 10th, today dealer called and said the part was ready, haha. This is in Pittsburgh, PA.
Dealer wanted me to drive the car there, I couldn't due to rotation schedule. He said Acura won't pay for towing, so I told him to call back after I can figure out.
He called 5 minute after and offered to have a guy come to drive my car to dealer, have it fixed and bring it back.
Getting rental car definitely speed up the whole process!
Old 06-23-2016, 03:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 153 Likes on 125 Posts
Just a quick update:

I am from Texas. I've been on a rental since April and have not got a call from my advisor. I left him a message but have not heard back. I don't mind driving the rental but kind of miss driving my TL

Quick Reply: TL Takata Airbag Recall