Notices

Really nice 4G TL manual ! For anyone interested.

 
Old 04-19-2015, 10:13 AM
  #41  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
SilverJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: PA
Posts: 1,919
Received 119 Likes on 85 Posts
Originally Posted by 3.2cls6speedmt View Post
was there a particular reason why you got traded/sold your tl?
I think the reason may be in his signature...

2012 Acura TL Tech Man (White Sedan) | Serving Miami, Pembroke Pines & Doral Florida | Esserman IntlUsed Acura
__________________
2014 TL SH-AWD 6MT TECH
Silver Moon/Ebony
SilverJ is offline  
Old 04-19-2015, 10:16 AM
  #42  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 236
Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
spoke to the dealership and they sold it yesterday early morning....
3.2cls6speedmt is offline  
Old 04-19-2015, 05:25 PM
  #43  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
SilverJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: PA
Posts: 1,919
Received 119 Likes on 85 Posts
Originally Posted by 3.2cls6speedmt View Post
spoke to the dealership and they sold it yesterday early morning....
That sucks man, I know the feeling. When these things come up, you have to jump on them IMMEDIATELY. Despite what some members here may argue, the 4G TL 6 speed is a rare car, so if you see a decent one jump.
I've had the same car you drive now, and trust me there is NO comparison.
I would try to get this one...offer them like 28,500 and tell them ur ready to buy NOW. Their car is priced high so they will probably negotiate
http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...1347/overview/

Last edited by SilverJ; 04-19-2015 at 05:30 PM.
SilverJ is offline  
Old 04-19-2015, 08:40 PM
  #44  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought a certified 2011.75 BMW M3 sedan, so the TL was turned in off lease. It does have the upgraded ELS audio, which is fantastic, and is present on all 6MT TLs since they have the tech package.

The car should have a squeaky clean carfax. I bought it new from Rick Case Acura and had it serviced at Esserman International, which is closer to my house. The only issues I had with the car were a broken height adjustment on the driver side seat, which was an issue since new, and the replacement of a trim piece on that same seat because it was damaged during repair. There are a couple of dings on it that could be repaired with pointless dent removal, as well as a cracked passenger side mirror housing (barely noticeable), which happened when I was backing out of my garage one day. Otherwise, it's pretty clean.

The TL was a great car for me and I considered keeping it for a long time but, in the end, I wanted something more powerful and sporting. The BMW isn't as comfortable, has a crappy stereo, and will likely not be as reliable, but I'm ok with the decision I made.

Edit: just saw that my car sold. Hopefully it went to a good home!
jordi is offline  
Old 04-19-2015, 08:50 PM
  #45  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 236
Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverJ View Post
That sucks man, I know the feeling. When these things come up, you have to jump on them IMMEDIATELY. Despite what some members here may argue, the 4G TL 6 speed is a rare car, so if you see a decent one jump.
I've had the same car you drive now, and trust me there is NO comparison.
I would try to get this one...offer them like 28,500 and tell them ur ready to buy NOW. Their car is priced high so they will probably negotiate
2012 Acura TL Technology, $31,991 - Cars.com
I will give them call and see if they negotiate. No records of even of a oil change makes me nervous. It is a ne car which means rough winters. I live in the south without the harsh winters.
3.2cls6speedmt is offline  
Old 04-19-2015, 08:56 PM
  #46  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 236
Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by jordi View Post
I bought a certified 2011.75 BMW M3 sedan, so the TL was turned in off lease. It does have the upgraded ELS audio, which is fantastic, and is present on all 6MT TLs since they have the tech package.

The car should have a squeaky clean carfax. I bought it new from Rick Case Acura and had it serviced at Esserman International, which is closer to my house. The only issues I had with the car were a broken height adjustment on the driver side seat, which was an issue since new, and the replacement of a trim piece on that same seat because it was damaged during repair. There are a couple of dings on it that could be repaired with pointless dent removal, as well as a cracked passenger side mirror housing (barely noticeable), which happened when I was backing out of my garage one day. Otherwise, it's pretty clean.

The TL was a great car for me and I considered keeping it for a long time but, in the end, I wanted something more powerful and sporting. The BMW isn't as comfortable, has a crappy stereo, and will likely not be as reliable, but I'm ok with the decision I made.

Edit: just saw that my car sold. Hopefully it went to a good home!
Congrats on ur new car. I have car for twelve years. I am patient and Cls drives well. Someone from md purchased ur car via phone.
3.2cls6speedmt is offline  
Old 04-20-2015, 12:22 PM
  #47  
Registered Member
 
JM2010 SH-AWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 2,098
Received 355 Likes on 241 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverJ View Post
That sucks man, I know the feeling. When these things come up, you have to jump on them IMMEDIATELY. Despite what some members here may argue, the 4G TL 6 speed is a rare car, so if you see a decent one jump.
I've had the same car you drive now, and trust me there is NO comparison.
I would try to get this one...offer them like 28,500 and tell them ur ready to buy NOW. Their car is priced high so they will probably negotiate
2012 Acura TL Technology, $31,991 - Cars.com
Looks like a very nice car with low miles. Interior is especially clean looking. Good luck.
JM2010 SH-AWD is offline  
Old 04-21-2015, 04:39 PM
  #48  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 236
Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverJ View Post
That sucks man, I know the feeling. When these things come up, you have to jump on them IMMEDIATELY. Despite what some members here may argue, the 4G TL 6 speed is a rare car, so if you see a decent one jump.
I've had the same car you drive now, and trust me there is NO comparison.
I would try to get this one...offer them like 28,500 and tell them ur ready to buy NOW. Their car is priced high so they will probably negotiate
http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...1347/overview/

sent you a pm
3.2cls6speedmt is offline  
Old 04-23-2015, 05:35 PM
  #49  
Forum Contributor
 
EE4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago NW Burbs
Age: 42
Posts: 1,115
Likes: 0
Received 1,117 Likes on 481 Posts
Certified 2010 CBP/Ebony with 37,908 miles in the Chicagoland area.
Certified 2010 Acura TL SH-AWD w/Tech Chicago IL | Muller Acura
EE4Life is offline  
Old 04-23-2015, 05:53 PM
  #50  
Registered Member
 
JM2010 SH-AWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 2,098
Received 355 Likes on 241 Posts
Nice, and with a warranty. If I didn't own one exactly like it, I'd jump on it.
JM2010 SH-AWD is offline  
Old 04-23-2015, 10:33 PM
  #51  
Registered Member
 
shurik74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NorCal - 916
Posts: 501
Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts
Here is mine in great condition... have seen snow only 2 times in Lake Tahoe, CA

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...1072/overview/
shurik74 is offline  
Old 04-26-2015, 04:00 PM
  #52  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Queens
Posts: 76
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://m.cars.com/vehicledetail/#vdp?listingId=635303344

Believe this may have been for sale at acura in Greenwich CT CPO W/13k miles about 6-8 months ago. Price was 29,500 I believe.
frantinez63 is offline  
Old 04-27-2015, 09:55 AM
  #53  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
SilverJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: PA
Posts: 1,919
Received 119 Likes on 85 Posts
Originally Posted by frantinez63 View Post
http://m.cars.com/vehicledetail/#vdp?listingId=635303344

Believe this may have been for sale at acura in Greenwich CT CPO W/13k miles about 6-8 months ago. Price was 29,500 I believe.
How come your posting a car that was for sale 6-8 months ago ?
SilverJ is offline  
Old 04-27-2015, 05:39 PM
  #54  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Queens
Posts: 76
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No, what I mean is this guy may have bought it within the last six months or so for 5grand less and now may be trying to re-sell it for more. Might be a different car, just a heads up.
frantinez63 is offline  
Old 04-28-2015, 07:01 PM
  #55  
Forum Contributor
 
EE4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago NW Burbs
Age: 42
Posts: 1,115
Likes: 0
Received 1,117 Likes on 481 Posts
Certified 2012 GLM/Ebony with 20,737 miles in the Chicagoland area.
Used 2012 Acura TL For Sale | Naperville IL

Last edited by EE4Life; 04-28-2015 at 07:04 PM.
EE4Life is offline  
Old 04-30-2015, 10:03 AM
  #56  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 14
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EE4Life View Post
Certified 2012 GLM/Ebony with 20,737 miles in the Chicagoland area.
Used 2012 Acura TL For Sale | Naperville IL
I bought it yesterday. I live in Austin, so they are shipping it to me next week. When it gets in, I'll give a review. Happy to join the 4G TL 6MT club! My 2005 NBP/Parchment Nav Auto will be up for sale soon.
AirKilroy is offline  
Old 04-30-2015, 11:32 AM
  #57  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 357
Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by AirKilroy View Post
I bought it yesterday. I live in Austin, so they are shipping it to me next week. When it gets in, I'll give a review. Happy to join the 4G TL 6MT club! My 2005 NBP/Parchment Nav Auto will be up for sale soon.
Congrats. I like that color, it is what I was supposed to get. How close to asking price did you pay? Just wondering as I'm trying to see what I can realistically expect to get for my car.
amill is offline  
Old 04-30-2015, 12:31 PM
  #58  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
SilverJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: PA
Posts: 1,919
Received 119 Likes on 85 Posts
Originally Posted by AirKilroy View Post
I bought it yesterday. I live in Austin, so they are shipping it to me next week. When it gets in, I'll give a review. Happy to join the 4G TL 6MT club! My 2005 NBP/Parchment Nav Auto will be up for sale soon.
Welcome ! That color is growing on me. It looks like my old Anthracite 3G TL.
SilverJ is offline  
Old 04-30-2015, 12:44 PM
  #59  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 14
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by amill View Post
Congrats. I like that color, it is what I was supposed to get. How close to asking price did you pay? Just wondering as I'm trying to see what I can realistically expect to get for my car.
I paid full ask ($30K) but they covered shipping to Texas, which costs about $750. So, I would have paid $29,250 if I was local. I would say it was a fair deal. If I wasn't so picky on it being certified, grey or silver, low miles, 2012-2014, etc., I probably could have held out for a car around $28.5 or so. At the end of the day, the dealer was great to work with and I got the exact car I wanted.
AirKilroy is offline  
Old 04-30-2015, 01:29 PM
  #60  
Forum Contributor
 
EE4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago NW Burbs
Age: 42
Posts: 1,115
Likes: 0
Received 1,117 Likes on 481 Posts
Originally Posted by AirKilroy View Post
I bought it yesterday. I live in Austin, so they are shipping it to me next week. When it gets in, I'll give a review. Happy to join the 4G TL 6MT club! My 2005 NBP/Parchment Nav Auto will be up for sale soon.
Originally Posted by AirKilroy View Post
I paid full ask ($30K) but they covered shipping to Texas, which costs about $750. So, I would have paid $29,250 if I was local. I would say it was a fair deal. If I wasn't so picky on it being certified, grey or silver, low miles, 2012-2014, etc., I probably could have held out for a car around $28.5 or so. At the end of the day, the dealer was great to work with and I got the exact car I wanted.
Congrats and welcome to the 6MT club

Sign in here
4G TL Owners Sign In
EE4Life is offline  
Old 04-30-2015, 07:15 PM
  #61  
Registered Member
 
JM2010 SH-AWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 2,098
Received 355 Likes on 241 Posts
Congrats and welcome. GLM is a great color. If you want to turn yourself into an OCD freak, look on the Car Wash & Wax section of the forum. There is a guy in Ohio who operates a very high end detailing shop and he has your car. He's posted a number of pics of the detailing job on his TL. You've never seen a more beautifully detailed car - GLM really pops when its freshly cleaned/waxed/detailed.
JM2010 SH-AWD is offline  
Old 04-30-2015, 07:56 PM
  #62  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
SilverJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: PA
Posts: 1,919
Received 119 Likes on 85 Posts
Originally Posted by AirKilroy View Post
I paid full ask ($30K) but they covered shipping to Texas, which costs about $750. So, I would have paid $29,250 if I was local. I would say it was a fair deal. If I wasn't so picky on it being certified, grey or silver, low miles, 2012-2014, etc., I probably could have held out for a car around $28.5 or so. At the end of the day, the dealer was great to work with and I got the exact car I wanted.
Very fair deal for that car. Congrats.
SilverJ is offline  
Old 05-04-2015, 01:29 PM
  #63  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
SilverJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: PA
Posts: 1,919
Received 119 Likes on 85 Posts
Wow. 2 of the cars 3.2cls6speedmt was looking at are gone within a week. Another guy posted a 6 speed that another person bought for 28k 6 months ago and hes trying to resell it for 32k now. I am glad I got mine when I did as many of these are in some cases 5-6000 more than their automatic counterparts.
SilverJ is offline  
Old 05-05-2015, 10:49 AM
  #64  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 14
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverJ View Post
Wow. 2 of the cars 3.2cls6speedmt was looking at are gone within a week. Another guy posted a 6 speed that another person bought for 28k 6 months ago and hes trying to resell it for 32k now. I am glad I got mine when I did as many of these are in some cases 5-6000 more than their automatic counterparts.
I think it's because the enthusiasts realize that manuals are a dying breed in near luxury sedans. Not many options at the moment.
AirKilroy is offline  
Old 05-23-2015, 12:53 PM
  #65  
Forum Contributor
 
EE4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago NW Burbs
Age: 42
Posts: 1,115
Likes: 0
Received 1,117 Likes on 481 Posts
2012 GLM with 36,766 miles in the Chicagoland area. The listing doesn't have the interior color yet and it doesn't look to be certified.
Used 2012 Acura TL Tech Man

2012 GLM with 11,023 miles in the Sacramento, CA area. The listing doesn't have the interior color yet and it is not certified, since it is not from an Acura dealer.
2012 Acura TL SH-AWD w/Technology Package and Manual Graphite Luster Metallic 4D Sedan. A Acura TL at Folsom Lake Hyundai Folsom CA
EE4Life is offline  
Old 05-23-2015, 08:31 PM
  #66  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
SilverJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: PA
Posts: 1,919
Received 119 Likes on 85 Posts
this one looks good too..
2012 Acura TL Technology, $27,151 - Cars.com
27000 with 30k miles is pretty damn good. It may even be certified
SilverJ is offline  
Old 06-10-2015, 05:40 PM
  #67  
Forum Contributor
 
EE4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago NW Burbs
Age: 42
Posts: 1,115
Likes: 0
Received 1,117 Likes on 481 Posts
2014 CBP/Ebony with 33,848 miles in the Chicagoland area. It is not certified, since it is not from an Acura dealer.
http://www.elmhurstjaguar.com/pre-ow...icleid/1682502
EE4Life is offline  
Old 06-11-2015, 11:47 AM
  #68  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
SilverJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: PA
Posts: 1,919
Received 119 Likes on 85 Posts
Originally Posted by EE4Life View Post
2014 CBP/Ebony with 33,848 miles in the Chicagoland area. It is not certified, since it is not from an Acura dealer.
Used 2014 Acura TL Tech Chicago IL B6387AJ
That's a pretty damn good price on a 2014(30K). Pretty high mileage though(33k). Although you would think its all highway. But for someone looking for a manual who doesn't drive a lot of miles, they would basically be under full warranty till 2018. It really doesn't matter if its certified or not as the main reason to get certified is for the Warranty extension.
I would look hard at this manual if I didn't already have one.
SilverJ is offline  
Old 06-23-2015, 08:55 PM
  #69  
Forum Contributor
 
EE4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago NW Burbs
Age: 42
Posts: 1,115
Likes: 0
Received 1,117 Likes on 481 Posts
Originally Posted by EE4Life View Post
2012 GLM with 36,766 miles in the Chicagoland area. The listing doesn't have the interior color yet and it doesn't look to be certified.
Used 2012 Acura TL Tech Man
This 2012 GLM/Ebony is still available. The listing was updated. The interior color is Ebony and it is certified.

Here is another 2014:
2014 Silver Moon/Ebony with 30,504 miles in Indianapolis, IN. It is not certified, since it is not from an Acura dealer.
http://tomwoodlexus.com/details/2014.../6274630?cid=0

Last edited by EE4Life; 06-23-2015 at 09:02 PM.
EE4Life is offline  
Old 06-24-2015, 06:36 AM
  #70  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Columbus ohio
Age: 35
Posts: 143
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I just bought the 2012 GLM with 11,023 miles in the Sacramento, CA area. Sold my 3G TL-S 6 Speed. Saw this as my last chance to own a low mile Acura MT. Having it shipped to Ohio today. I drove the paddle shifter 4G so MT should be amazing. Had to buy it sight unseen, which makes me a little nervous. Still has factory warranty so no worries. Dealer in CA was terrible. Unicorn Captured

Last edited by 614erich; 06-24-2015 at 06:38 AM.
614erich is offline  
Old 06-24-2015, 05:36 PM
  #71  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
SilverJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: PA
Posts: 1,919
Received 119 Likes on 85 Posts
Originally Posted by 614erich View Post
I just bought the 2012 GLM with 11,023 miles in the Sacramento, CA area. Sold my 3G TL-S 6 Speed. Saw this as my last chance to own a low mile Acura MT. Having it shipped to Ohio today. I drove the paddle shifter 4G so MT should be amazing. Had to buy it sight unseen, which makes me a little nervous. Still has factory warranty so no worries. Dealer in CA was terrible. Unicorn Captured
Very nice. I did the exact same thing ! Good luck to you, hope you got a good deal.
SilverJ is offline  
Old 06-28-2015, 08:03 AM
  #72  
Forum Contributor
 
EE4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago NW Burbs
Age: 42
Posts: 1,115
Likes: 0
Received 1,117 Likes on 481 Posts
Certified 2014 Silver Moon/Ebony with 20,088 miles in the Chicagoland area.
Used 2014 Acura TL TechFor Sale near Chicago, Naperville, & Elmhurst IL | 19UUA9E56EA002524
EE4Life is offline  
Old 06-28-2015, 12:40 PM
  #73  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
SilverJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: PA
Posts: 1,919
Received 119 Likes on 85 Posts
Originally Posted by EE4Life View Post
Certified 2014 Silver Moon/Ebony with 20,088 miles in the Chicagoland area.
Used 2014 Acura TL TechFor Sale near Chicago, Naperville, & Elmhurst IL | 19UUA9E56EA002524
Hmm--36k seems like a lot for a 2014 w 20k even if it is a manual. Be interesting to see if they sell it at that price.
SilverJ is offline  
Old 06-29-2015, 02:43 PM
  #74  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Columbus ohio
Age: 35
Posts: 143
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
614erich is offline  
Old 11-27-2015, 11:42 AM
  #75  
Forum Contributor
 
EE4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago NW Burbs
Age: 42
Posts: 1,115
Likes: 0
Received 1,117 Likes on 481 Posts
Here is one from Craigslist:
2014 GLM/Ebony with 22,301 miles in the Washington DC area. Looks clean. Has some extras and a few mods, but includes the stock airbox.
2014 Acura TL SH-AWD, 6-speed, low miles, clean CarFax!!

And there are 18 2012-2014s currently on AutoTrader, so check them out.
EE4Life is offline  
Old 11-28-2015, 10:57 AM
  #76  
Registered Member
 
JM2010 SH-AWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 2,098
Received 355 Likes on 241 Posts
^^ Wow, nice car. I'm guessing it will sell quickly.
JM2010 SH-AWD is offline  
Old 11-28-2015, 10:40 PM
  #77  
Resident Dingo
 
TheDingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia / Florida
Posts: 1,060
Received 140 Likes on 111 Posts
Why in the world would they put those ugly ass wheels on that car? I'd understand more if it was auto, non-tech, etc.... but.. c'mon..
TheDingo is offline  
Old 04-02-2017, 09:39 AM
  #78  
Senior Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
ggesq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 12,391
Received 2,119 Likes on 1,186 Posts
3265 miles!

Cars for Sale: Used 2013 Acura TL SH-AWD w/ Technology Package for sale in Littleton, CO 80120: Sedan Details - 453497299 - Autotrader

Was browsing and found this ultra low mileage 4G 6MT SHAWD. I am not affiliated with the seller. Just wanted to share with you guys.
ggesq is offline  
Old 04-02-2017, 09:57 AM
  #79  
Registered Member
 
LostProphet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Olney, MD
Posts: 157
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts
That is crazy, who buys a vehicle to customize, upgrade wheels and only drive it 1k miles per year?
Great find though.
LostProphet is offline  
Old 04-02-2017, 09:46 PM
  #80  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 184
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by LostProphet View Post
That is crazy, who buys a vehicle to customize, upgrade wheels and only drive it 1k miles per year?
Great find though.
I saw that the other day and was wondering the same thing. Seems too good to be true, if not impossible.
Is there any chance or way someone could turn back the odometer??? I would almost say that it driven so little its not good for the car.
TLbullet is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Really nice 4G TL manual ! For anyone interested.


Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.