Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Question about ac compressor clutch

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 06:03 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about ac compressor clutch

so I bought a rebuilt TL with 80,000 miles on it 2011 for 7500. I knew what I was getting into. Frame is in good shape. I knew there would obviously have been some corners cut when getting her back to road ready by the repair guys. Among these when I noticed it needed headlight bulbs was the complete lack of any ballast/igniter. Lol so I crossed that off the list. New axles were bought and will be put on. Having my brakes resurfaced. I bit the bullet and took the car to Acura to have them do a diag on it to tell me everything that was wrong, figured it was worth the 100$. My Acura was making a slight constant grinding type of noise from the engine bay will at idle in park drive neutral any gear. Doesn't get louder with throttle input. So they ran their diag and said it was the ac compressor clutch. I've googled around and haven't found any issues with this and haven't seen where I can just buy the component to replace. So before I replace the entire compressor just wanted to see if this was a common problem or if anyone else has had this issue.
Old 06-04-2017, 01:21 AM
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts
38900-RGL-A02 is the clutch part number on a 2013 TL
Oddly, I took my car in last Friday, because I felt the A/C was performing up to snuff. No leaks however they adjusted something on the clutch or A/C unit. Now its back to making the car a chill box even with the windows open.
Genuine Acura OEM Automotive Parts Catalog - Bernardi Parts

Last edited by Anicra; 06-04-2017 at 01:24 AM.
Old 06-04-2017, 02:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 185 Likes on 150 Posts
- I performed a quick internet search and the only clutch I could find was OEM.
Item 9 ($183.03): https://www.acurapartsforless.com/au...ompressor-scat
(Same park number as shown above)
- I think you need a tool (spanner) to install to hold the compressor from turning when you tighten the clutch attachment bolt.
- There is a service manual floating around in another thread in this forum that shows how to replace.