Sponsored by: DashLynx

Potential new owner seeking advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 04:29 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Potential new owner seeking advice

Hey guys,

Longtime lurker here, new member. Currently I have a 2009 black/black TSX tech purchased new in September of 08 and its been a great car, no problems whatsoever and it now has 72,000 miles on it, anyway ever since I had a 2011 TL SH-AWD as a loaner 6 months ago for almost 3 days I am in love with them but was a little put off by the look of the 09-11, so I am really wanting to get a 12 tech/advanced AWD black with the sexy umber interior. So I had a few questions I was hoping to get answers to and here they are.

1.) a couple of things I miss from the 09-11 TL is the quad exhaust outlets and the chrome door handles, I feel the body colored handles on the 12 tone down the side profile a little too much which was one profile of the 09-11 I loved, would it be possible and difficult to do these 2 mods?

2.) I am in love with the look of the roof spoiler that some members have added to their TL and wondering whos the best vendor to buy it from and is it relatively easy to DYI? I am by no means an expert at DYI stuff on cars but definetely above average compared to most drivers I'd like to think..

Last but not least I want to go with the full body kit but I am not totally sold on the 19" rims that come on the advanced and was kind of intrigued by the diamond cut alloys but never have seen them in person photos look good but I am just curious as to members that actually have them on their TL how are they liking the look?

And a final questions I've heard the goodyear eagles are awful as far as grip and noise are concerned and would like to change those out ASAP for a real grippy tire that isnt too noisy if thats at all possible, any reccomendations?

Thanks in advance for the help and sorry for the long post looking forward to being a member here real soon! Definetely love acuras and my TSX has been real enjoyable these last 3.5 years just ready for more performance!
Old 03-16-2012, 05:56 PM
Pro

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
I love my Acura TL and would recommend it to just about anyone! It's quite possibly the best decision I've made by purchasing one this last year.

As NIKE would say, JUST DO IT!
Old 03-16-2012, 05:58 PM
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 174 Posts
1) I've looked into the quad tips myself. However, they are a welded on piece so you would have the cut the current dual tips off and weld on the quad tips, if you can find a set. One option that I have been looking into is finding a wrecked TL and buying the exhaust system. As far as the door handles, I suppose that is do-able as long as the color matches. For example, I have the Bellanova White Pearl which is a different shade of white than the White Diamond Pearl of the 09-11 cars.

2) I don't have the roof spoiler. Yet that is. It looks like a rather simple DIY'er project. A couple of members have shared their installation experience and instructions.

3) I have the the 19" HPT wheels, which I happen to like. However, I will switching them out with a set of RonJons soon. Again, there is a member here who has them on his Black '12 TL. I can't recall his name at the moment, but they look quite nice on his car.

4) I heard the same thing about the Goodyears so I had the dealer swap the tires out before delivering the car to me. I went with Continental ExtremeConctact DWS's. Really like the tires and the all-season capability.

I love the car and traded a 2006 RL A-SPEC for it.