Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

My third TL?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 10:46 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My third TL?

Finally my wife is listening to me and after visiting our local acura dealer and driving a 2014 and 2013 sh awd - i think we found her car. Ive snooped around the site and google to find typical problems i should expect or be aware of before we pull the trigger but havent really found things i would consider chronic or problematic on that model. Before we move forward is there anything we should be aware of?

Ive owner three acuras and 2 tl type s loved them all - i hope this car offers the same satosfaction and enjoyment as the others.

Thanks in advance
Old 01-04-2015, 11:02 PM
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts
Congratulations, hope all goes smoothly with the purchase. Does anyone really stop for a minute and appreciate just how nice TLs are inside? Not too flashy, just well put together.
The following 4 users liked this post by panamera125:
a35tl (01-10-2015), BlueAc (01-05-2015), JM2010 SH-AWD (01-06-2015), Nabooly (01-06-2015)
Old 01-06-2015, 09:20 AM
Advanced

thanks - from a lack of response I'll assume that there is nothing out of the ordinary that I need to be aware of. I've read two things, but seem somewhat isolated to a small group of folks the awd shaft and oil consumption.

the hard part now is finding the car my wife wants. SH AWD Advance package black exterior black interior low miles. the local acura dealership tried steering us in another direction as they are apparently hard to come by. I can wait....
Old 01-06-2015, 11:13 AM
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by tlfreek
thanks - from a lack of response I'll assume that there is nothing out of the ordinary that I need to be aware of. I've read two things, but seem somewhat isolated to a small group of folks the awd shaft and oil consumption.

the hard part now is finding the car my wife wants. SH AWD Advance package black exterior black interior low miles. the local acura dealership tried steering us in another direction as they are apparently hard to come by. I can wait....
I don't know.... Autotrader shows over 500 SH-AWDs for sale nationwide, several of them black on black.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:04 PM
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Excessive oil consumption
Bad torque converter
Blown ELS speakers
Navi rebooting randomly
Steering wheel clicking
Loose driver's seat track
Faulty lumbar support
Broken visor tabs

These are the items that my warranty covered in just the previous year. I'd say the oil consumption and torque converter are the two major items you'd want to consider; they appear more common than I originally thought they were. The speakers are a known issue also but not a major problem. Steering wheel and seat track have TSB's issued, so also known issues. I haven't had the propeller shaft sound but I've heard that quite a bit as well.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:19 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by heisnuts
I don't know.... Autotrader shows over 500 SH-AWDs for sale nationwide, several of them black on black.
With the Advance package? Regardless there are many out there I've seen them. Just none at the dealership where we went.

thanks for the updates guys - appreciate it.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:57 PM
Drifting

Received 554 Likes on 387 Posts
There is an issue with the 2010 CBP paint...crows feet in base coat. There are several threads on here about it and some have had their car repainted while others have been given the runaround. If you buy that year in that color inspect the paint thoroughly in a well lit area.

Here is my thread on this topic for further details.
Old 01-06-2015, 07:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 527 Likes on 339 Posts
Same with my area, tons of black on black, and a few with the Advance package...seems like a very popular color combo.
Old 01-06-2015, 11:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 210 Likes on 158 Posts
I *just* went through this process and bought my black/black.

I couldn't find a clean enough example (low miles, taken care of, etc) that was remotely close to me. I wasn't going to spend 6 hours in a car just to look at a vehicle. I ended up going through Carmax since they had one that met my requirements and even it had to get transported from a state away.