4G TL (2009-2014)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

My first week with my SH-AWD.... (long post, sorry)

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 11:35 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
My first week with my SH-AWD.... (long post, sorry)

OK Well I have had my 4G SH-AWD now for a week and have put about 300 miles on it. For those of you that have followed my threads you
know I agonized over what to get when I sold my 3G Type-S. I had a new car itch, but truly loved my 3G Type-S, I loved everything about it, the
only 2 things I nit picked were the buzzy back deck and the now-a-days underpowered under performing ELS. The ride and styling still had me
in awe! I owned 4 Acura 3G TL,s as you can see from my tag line, so clearly I loved the car. When the 4G was unveiled I was aghast in horror
that Acura could ruin such a perfect car with such bad styling. I felt the 3G was the perfect size and to increase it by 2 inches in width and 6
inches in length would make it more like a crown vic that a luxury sports sedan. After driving the base 4G when it came out I was convinced
this was the case, the car was soft, lacked road feel and the steering was like playing a video game.

Well roll forward to January and I had sold my Type-S and had driven a 4G SH-AWD a few times, but was still not wowed by the styling. I was
considering the Genesis (yeah no flames, it is a gorgeous car and rides decent, actually better than base 4G) and the G37. I was really itching
for a G37 because I had wanted a G35 last time I sold my TL, but just could not bring myself to part with the Acura TL. The thing that over and
over turn me off about the G35/G37 is their small lo-rez navi and the limitations it imposes when driving. Also the technology in the car was
not even equally to TL considering the G was a 3 year newer design. Pretty much the same things pulled at me this time again. The G NAV is
looking extremely dated now when you look at the 4G TL and Genesis. The lack of voice controls in the G is the same thing, both the TL and
Genesis are much more voice control oriented. And finally while the SOW sound system in the G was in some ways better then the ELS in the
3G, it is not in the same league as the Lexicon in the Genesis and the ELS in the 4G. So after 2 weeks of test driving all 3 vehicles numerous
time I finally went with the 4G SH-AWD. This was no easy task as I wanted Palladium Metallic over Ebony and the SH-AWD in the South is as
rare as the doo doo bird, let alone in a color combination you want. Literally in GA there are less than 10 cars. I would up getting the car from
a dealer outside Nashville TN over 250 miles away. The transaction was fast and the price was decent, not as good as I would have liked, but
better than any deal I was working in ATL. Teh dealer did everything over the phone and he even met me half way to deliver the car. The first
day or 2 I kept questioning my decision as there are still things in the 4G I don' like, the styling is one, the clutter of controls and that cheap
control knob being the second. Why did I buy a car I don' love to look at? I decided that any car I was looking at was going to be compromises,
so I decided to determine what was most important to me. Ultimately I am buying a car to DRIVE. I love to drive and the drive is what matters.
Right up there is my comfort and then the technology, I spend a lot of time in my car so being able to enjoy the ride, the comfort and listen to
music are important decision factors. The 4G excels in all my key areas.
So now after a week and over 300 miles what do I think.....

OK first, the exterior. The Styling is growing on me, but I still envy the looks of a G37 or Genesis. I plan on getting Ron Jon's grill when he
releases it in April/May which I think will transform the front end to be more appealing. The "Power Plenum" is just too damn distracting and
does not flow with the car. On the PM is is not as obnoxious, and on dark cars painting the grill actually makes the car look hot. I also still am
torn on the bulging front wheel wells and the sunken center to the hood. Acura wanted to stand out and the 4G will certainly do that. From the
back the car still has the "big booty" syndrome the tapers as you go up. The side profile of the car is an are that the car really looks good.
Again growing on me, but I still feel the styling will hurt sales of this car. The SH-AWD wheels really fill the wells nicely and add nice styling to
the car over the small dwarfed Base car wheels.
And what about the interior? Well Overall I have far less complaints with the interior. I prefer the BMW 5, TSZ and Audi style of flowing the
dash so that the NAV is more swept in rather than a hump, but it is not al that bad. I prefer the gauges and MID location on the 3G, but the 4G
is very functional. The SH steering wheel is fantastic, nice top grade leather in a fat rimmed perfect size. The center console is very stylize with
the sliding cover over the cup holders attractively designed and the notch in the center arm rest allows good arm support, but still full access
to the cup holders. The arm rest cubby is large and deep and houses the AUX and USB inputs as well as another power jack. The upper
compartment is now a small slide out tray vs. the larger mire versatile space in the 3G. The seats are covered in high grade first rate leather
that is so soft and supple to the touch that I rank way up there, far better than the 3G and now better than Infiniti, and probably on par with
Lexus. The SH seats are even more bolstered than the 3G Type-S, making them a tad more snug, but still comfortable (unless you're wearing a
bulky winter coat). I would give the 3G Type-S seats the nod for slightly better comfort while being sporty, but the 4G SH seats are more
sporty and still very comfortable even for a long drive. The SH adds nice contrasted stitching to the steering wheel, and seats to really give
them that extra look of being first class. The weakness on the interior is the center control stack. The overwhelming array of buttons so
closely bunched with no logical separation for function makes it truly a dizzying quest for the right button. Also their I-Drive style control knob
is rather cheap looking and feeling for what is a $43K car. The saving grace here is the Acura voice control, where virtually everything can be
controlled by telling the car what to do!

The Technology..... Ok Acura has been know for its leading edge technology. In the 3G I would have said Acura was way out in front, but in the
4G I would not say in front, but int he pack of leaders for auto technology. Acura NAV is by far probably the best NAV I have seen. The 4G NAV
is to NAV as what HD TV did for Home Theater. The screen is large and crystal clear and easy to read and its location makes it easy to check
without wandering your eyes from the road for too long. The rearview backup camera is now higher resolution and greater color accuracy
compared to the 3G and incorporates distance markers to help you judge distance. Acura voice control is the pinnacle of their technology,
virtually everything in the car can be controlled via voice commands. Infiniti dumbed their commands down, I'm sure because the accuracy of
their system was poor, but Acura's voice commands are extensive and the system is very accurate. Many of the commands are logical
statements that you don't need to look up cryptic commands before using them. One area Acura took a huge step backward is the Bluetooth
HFL setup. WOW, coming from my 3G TLs this one is a real disappointment. In the 3G you would hit the button and say "CALL Steve" and it
would confirm your choice and call. In the 4G if you don't have a phone that is compatible with phone book import you are severely limited in
how to set up contacts to a speed dial that only holds 20 entries. To add an entry to speed dial you either have to have called them or they
called you, there is no manual speed dial entries unless your phone book was imported. Also now you have to hit the PHONE button to
activate the HFL then the VOICE button to say the command. This is supposed to be an improvement how? The ELs in the 3G was leading
edge sound system back in 04, but by 08 was trialing newer cars. The ELS in the the 4G sees some very nice gains, in power, functionality and
sound. The ELS in the 4G is right up there with the Lexicon in the Genesis and may be a tad cleaner. The additional of IPOD integration and
USB port for flash drives as well as Bluetooth audio means you are covered no matter where you store your music. They coudl add some functionality to sort the
USB flash lsiting aplhabetically rather than the order they were copied. Add to that the ability to store up to 12GB of ripped music on the cars internal HDD and
you can be listening to music the rest of your life without repeating song or
leaving the car! The XM tuner is much better such that XM no longer sounds sub FM quality as it did on the 3G.

And of course, what about the ride? Well of course I would save the best for last. The SH-AWD is such an awesome and amazing machine to
drive. The suspension in the 4G AWD is so much more refined than the 3G Tpye-S. The 3G Type-S was excellent and usually beat the G35 in the
skid pad tests as it really stuck in the corners, but the 4G AWD takes this to a new level. The 3G Type-S while firm and reasonable did transmit
big bumps directly into the cabin in a slightly jolty manner. The 4G AWD feels stiffer, yet much more complaint, soaking up bumps and
dampening them as to not send that full jolt right into the cabin. Take a 270 degree off ramp without slowing down, no problem, the 3G Type-S
would do it, but you'd feel the tires start to roll a tad, the 4G AWD just takes it in stride as it yawns taunting you with "is that all you have for
me sucker...". On rough roads you'll know it, but you'll feel it far less than on a 3G Type-S, on smooth roads the car is gliding as if floating
above the road, but still giving you some road feel. The new EPS steering is a mixed blessing, it reduces engine drag, but I feel they still need
to tune it in more, it is a little too light at low speeds, I miss the resistance of my 3G Type-S. The EPS seems over boosted at times taking
some getting used to so you don't over correct in a quick maneuver.

And my over all conclusion.... The 4G AWD is an awesome machine. It has it's flaws and styling being the most controversial with beauty is
really in the eye of the beholder. The car will evoke a reaction positive or negative, it will not get the ho hum "bland like every other car"
reaction. The technology is first rate with some areas for improvement (HFL and USB file sort order), but I would venture to say the ELS sound
better than many people's home theaters!. The Interior smacks of top quality, sure some plastics are a little cheap, but the parts of the car
your interact with all the time look and feel high end. In the end if you like the styling or don't care about what the car looks like, it will be
hard to beat this car. The Infiniti G is more sports sedan with luxury and technology as secondary factors, it also is a bit of a snug fit if you are
in the 6 foot brad sized American class. The Genesis is a top rate luxury car, but lacks in handing and seating. Acura builds a solid car with
great ride and comfort. If you doubt it, look back at my threads, I hated this car until I drove it. It is like in High School, you can date the blonde
cheerleader that is an air head or you date the geeky gal that is fun to be with? I'm looking to impress myself more than others so I'll take the
geeky gal ;-) The SH-AWD is like a drug addiction once you try it you are hooked!

BTW: Would I get this car again, yes in a heart beat, do I wish I got the G37, sometimes until I get in the TL and drive it!!
Old 02-08-2009, 12:20 PM
Safety Car

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
Holy ****, man thats too much..lol

Nice review.

It has it's flaws and styling being the most controversial with beauty is
really in the eye of the beholder.
This is what I was looking for.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:34 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KeithTL,

Most car mags have dinged the TL in favor of the G37 due to straightline acceleration shortcomings. After 300 miles do you feel like there is enough umph to pull the 4000lb machine especially at lower speeds?
Old 02-08-2009, 12:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ll_22
KeithTL,

Most car mags have dinged the TL in favor of the G37 due to straightline acceleration shortcomings. After 300 miles do you feel like there is enough umph to pull the 4000lb machine especially at lower speeds?
I'm not engine expert, but after test driving several G35 then G37 sedans vs. the TL what I find is Acura makes good low end torgue which is capable of getting the car up and moving very nicely. Of course the thing that hurts the 4G AWD is well the AWD looses and the weight, thats why they put a 3.7 in this thing. It still gets up and hauls ass, the G will have to spin up many more RPM, but it is a rocket. If you want straight line 0-60 the G is the way to go, if you want a more balanced car the TL is the way to go. The TL is very capable and feels quicker than it is probably is due to its ability to generate low end torque. I have never had a problem witht he get up and go of my TL, sure the G will be quicker, but there will always be something that is quicker! Infiniti is known vor their free revving engines that expel gobs of HP, but they need hiher RPM to do that. If anything I find the TL AWD very potent off the line, much more than my 3G Type-S, I find I have to baby the gas pedal. The low RPM torque int he TL has you doing 65 MPH before you realize you're in a 45 MPH speed zone

That has been my biggest thing to adjust too, the car takes no effort to do 65 MPH at very low RPM. Those that say the TL needs a 6 or 7 speed auto have never driven one, sure it will help in some areas, but honestly Acura does a great job of generating torque at low RPM which makes their engine very efficient. Where a 6 or 7 speed migth help is a lower gear to get the car going even faster, but more importantly a taller gear for 70MPH driving to keep the revs low enough to gain back some of the HWY MPG the AWD looses. I find the AWD TL is difficult to get better than 24-25 HWY, where my 3G Type-S was easy to get 27MPG+
Old 02-08-2009, 01:01 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 834 Likes on 518 Posts
lol I actually read the whole thing and it's an awesome review.

How does the low end torque compare with your 3G TL-S?

Funny how the VQ was known for its low end torque and midrange punch, while the J was known for its better high end power years ago in the 2G TL-S and 5.5gen Max and 1G G35. Things sure have changed.

Last edited by iforyou; 02-08-2009 at 01:05 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
good review KeithL " I hated this car until I drove it" - same for me.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:00 PM
Suzuka Master

[QUOTE=iforyou;10494165]lol I actually read the whole thing and it's an awesome review.

How does the low end torque compare with your 3G TL-S?

QUOTE]

Actually seems to get up and go a bit better, nothing dramatic, but you know you have more horses and torque when you drive it after a 3G Type-S.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:22 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
The only thing I thought I might regret on the car was the styling, even the day I went to pick it up, I wasn't entirely satisfied. But that first drive home sealed the deal, it was wonderful. And I can honestly say that every day since my pickup, I have grown to really love the styling of the car and appreciate. And it's not because I have to, I could trade this for something else if I wanted, it's because I really do like the styling. I think you will agree after a few weeks.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:34 PM
A Black TL

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
But the thing is teh VQ doesn't have a higher rpm then the TL
Old 02-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by TL|GTX
But the thing is teh VQ doesn't have a higher rpm then the TL
With the 7 AUTO it revs low now, but it sure feels liek it revs higher to get going, I don't know what the torque curves look like ont he TL 3.7 vs. the G 3.7, but the TL feels liek it has more torque. Could be perception, but sure feels that way.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:57 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the input Keith, nice job. It's really funny, as I mentioned to you before, I was feeling the same way about the 4G vs G37 decision. I so identified with much of your review. Maybe 5-10 yrs ago I would have just waited a bit, picked the 370Z and called it a day. Especially since I loved my 350Z so much. But since I wanted a more comfortable vehicle with more high end Tech I picked the 4G. Those of us who have 'the need for speed' usually gravitate toward the car that's more performance oriented and less on the tech, which would be the G37 for about the same price point. I did get to drive the first G37 that had arrived at the dealer right before buying the TL and I was impressed with the straight line performance. I mean that motor loves to rev and it was sweet to have 7 gears. But reality hit me while test driving it when sitting in some traffic. I will be doing more city (with traffic) and back road mountain curvy driving so I'd rather have better tech, SH-AWD, and the ELS system etc. And I acutally love the 4G's looks from the beak to the arse. So I'm glad you feel you made the right choice and I learned long ago that usually it's way better to go with the geeky/nerdy (girl or boy depending on your preference ) than to fall for the one who is the prettiest, because that one always needs way too much maintenance!

And my geeky/nerd and I have been together for 7 years now strong.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by Wavehogger
And my geeky/nerd and I have been together for 7 years now strong.
I'm sure he's a great guy!
Old 02-08-2009, 05:23 PM
Suzuka Master

I posted a bunch of shots in the photo gallery... https://acurazine.com/forums/members/keithl-128734-albums-six-not-enough-1520/
Old 02-08-2009, 06:20 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 834 Likes on 518 Posts
Very nice looking
Old 02-08-2009, 06:28 PM
Racer

God it's so clean and beautiful.. I can't take this winter anymore!
Old 02-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Wavehogger
God it's so clean and beautiful.. I can't take this winter anymore!
I sympathize, I grew up in NYC so I hated winters especially on the car. Sicne being in ATL it is much easier to keep a car looking good. I love the shine that Megs #21 and some poly charger brings to the car.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hey Keith, just curious, are you doing any mods on the 4G like you did in your previous cars?.....since you're leasing, I'm assuming not much, right?
Old 02-08-2009, 07:43 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
Keith, what a great review! I am so glad that the car is really growing on you ..... I thought it would!!! :-)

Have fun with it, and be sure to post a follow-up in a month or two, or three... would love to hear more!
Old 02-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by PetesTL
Hey Keith, just curious, are you doing any mods on the 4G like you did in your previous cars?.....since you're leasing, I'm assuming not much, right?
I have not done much in the past, swapped out bulbs for LEDs, (the 4G has LEDs inside already). I did tint it, and will probably swap out the fogs for something that closer matches the HIDs. I am seriously considering the Ron Jon grill if it coems out in April at a reasonable price. Even though it is a lease I think the RJ grill makes the car transform into something a bit sexier. Even though it is a lease I still have to live with it for 39 months (an eternity for me).
Old 02-08-2009, 08:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I check out the picks, this is my second choice of all the colors, perfect! Where's the SH-AWD emblem on you ride?
Old 02-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Instructor

I just came in from wandering around my clean-for-once CBP/Umber AWD Tech and am totally converted on the styling. I finally get it. There's actually a lot of 3G in it from some angles... like where the front fender turns oh so smoothly around the corner and becomes front fascia. I will soon post pics of some angles I see that turn me on... :-)

Hey Keith and y'all... how should I go about getting a real quality tint job? What should I expect to pay? What % would be a good guess for a shade not wanting to attract cop attention? What should I look for when I'm finding a shop to do it? I've read all kinds of posts here but I need a refresher course.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by bmode
I check out the picks, this is my second choice of all the colors, perfect! Where's the SH-AWD emblem on you ride?
Where are all the emblems, I debadge, I have done that to all my Acura's I think it cleans up the trunk and makes it look nicers. Especially on the 4G where the trunk lid is so small it looks cluttered with all the badges, so I pull them off. Those that know cars will know it is SH-AWD, those that don;t won't know what SH-AWD is anyway
Old 02-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by MichiganRich
Hey Keith and y'all... how should I go about getting a real quality tint job? What should I expect to pay? What % would be a good guess for a shade not wanting to attract cop attention? What should I look for when I'm finding a shop to do it? I've read all kinds of posts here but I need a refresher course.
I have been going to the same guy for 17 years, he has tintied over 13 cars for me. He has been in business 27 years. That is the first thing to look for, tint places come and go like the weather, find a place that has been around and will back their product. I use Formula One tinit which has lifetime warranty. I paid about $300 to do metallic on sides and ceramic on back (due to navi you want to avoid mettalic on back). I'm sure I coudl have save $100, but I trust this guy. Ask for references, talk to dealers they will use reputable places usually sicne they have to warranty the tint job. Get name brand film, Formula One or Llumar (both made by same company). I hear 3M makes a good tint as well.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:10 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
nice review man. those pics of your car are sweet!
Old 02-09-2009, 12:19 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm feelin' that Keith, but since I'm leasing, I'm not gonna mess with that, but that's what I would do.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:13 AM
Advanced

Why would my account not allow me to see the pictures??
Old 02-09-2009, 09:09 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,210 Posts
You won't be granted full access to user profiles, photo galleries, or the private message system, you also will not be be able to post new threads in the Black Market, until you've been here 15 days and have made 3 constructive posts. In the meantime, jump right in and get acquainted with all our other features and the way our valued members conduct themselves in the forums.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:34 AM
6th Gear

Thanks for this comprehensive review. I've also now had my SH-AWD TL for a week (9 days now actually) and am loving it. I'm not one who was troubled by the exterior styling, I kind of like it. But the drive is fantastic.

One comment/complaint I would add to yours, as discussed in another thread, is the inability to timely update the Gracenote database for cd's, particularly if I want to store music to the HD. None of the cd's I've purchased in the last couple of months are there, so I won't record them to the HD. Apparently we have to wait for Acura to update the Gracenote database, but I don't know when that will be.

A minor nit to what is otherwise a totally enjoyable car.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:09 AM
Full of water...

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by KeithL
I plan on getting Ron Jon's grill when he
releases it in April/May which I think will transform the front end to be more appealing.

is this a fact?
Old 02-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by blkaspec
is this a fact?
Last e-mai I got last week from Ron Jon was they are working out the manufacturing process and plan to release the grill in April/May time frame.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

Last e-mai I got last week from Ron Jon was they are working out the manufacturing process and plan to release the grill in April/May time frame.
Sounds like good news for 4g TL owners
Old 02-09-2009, 12:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Thanks for the nice review! It really helps out a future buyer like myself.

I had one question. Did you consider putting on the OEM kit? I saw it at an auto show and it looked pretty impressive.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:47 PM
Racer

Great review Keith - heck, Acura should send someone to make a documentary on your last 4 years of car buying experiences - it'd be great for their "street cred" LOL.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:28 PM
Full of water...

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
thanks! yeah, i shot them an email after i posted and they said something similiar. they said they needed to complete the accord coupe body kit then they were moving on to the 4g tl grille. i also asked about a body kit for the 4g, and he said "We are considering it, but we have to evaluate the project at that time, things are very shaky now all around."
Old 02-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
I paid about $300 to do metallic on sides and ceramic on back (due to navi you want to avoid mettalic on back). .
The Nav antenna for the 4G is behind the nav screen (wasn't it under the rear deck on the 3G?)

I always wanted to try this tint called Huper Optik - but they wanted $500 for it - from the demo it not only cuts the light - but you can feel the difference in heat coming through it as compared to regular tint - I think the Hupre Optik is the ceramic stuff. My car was already tinted w/ regular stuff from the dealer.

Last edited by crxb; 02-09-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by crxb
The Nav antenna for the 4G is behind the nav screen (wasn't it under the rear deck on the 3G?)

I always wanted to try this tint called Huper Optik - but they wanted $500 for it - from the demo it not only cuts the light - but you can feel the difference in heat coming through it as compared to regular tint - I think the Hupre Optik is the ceramic stuff. My car was already tinted w/ regular stuff from the dealer.
Interesting, well I liek Ceramic on the back either way sine the radio antenna is there and I have had back luck with reception on cars that I tint the back with metallic.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by crxb

Huper is the best....it's $300 installed on a TL up here.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:23 PM
07TL-CBP

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Keith, Nice and fair review. My initial opinion of the 4G exterior design mirrors yours and the needle on my 'grow-on-you' meter is still somewhat on the left side. However, I must say: Your ride really looks very nice. IMO, you did several things right - the right color, perfect tint, hot wheels (no need for third party)... and that debadging. I have never been a fan of debadging, this looks great - the rear actually looks different. I would be curious to see if the RJ grille transforms the car. Also, those rear reflectors... I can't wait to see someone darken them.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:35 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by pokin
Keith, Nice and fair review. My initial opinion of the 4G exterior design mirrors yours and the needle on my 'grow-on-you' meter is still somewhat on the left side. However, I must say: Your ride really looks very nice. IMO, you did several things right - the right color, perfect tint, hot wheels (no need for third party)... and that debadging. I have never been a fan of debadging, this looks great - the rear actually looks different. I would be curious to see if the RJ grille transforms the car. Also, those rear reflectors... I can't wait to see someone darken them.
It is hard to truly visualize the grill on the TL pic as he has a lip kit in the photo as well, but check out the pic in the thread and you will get an idea how the front end transforms with the new grill

https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-2009-2014-123/2009-acura-tl-mesh-grill-704765/
Old 02-10-2009, 07:42 AM
Advanced

Review

Thanks for a very good review. I am looking at the new ACURA when my lease ends on the 3G Type-S.

I am a little concerned about trunk space as I very often carry golf bags and pull carts in the trunk. I have heard that trunk space is a bit smaller in the 4G SWD. I would like to have your comments on that.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: My first week with my SH-AWD.... (long post, sorry)