Leasing Prices?

Old 04-27-2011, 09:03 AM
Drifting

Received 103 Likes on 79 Posts
Leasing Prices?

what are you guys who have bought a 2012 actually paying on a lease?

I am curious what a 2012 TL SH-AWD with nav would actuallly cost to lease.

I am driving an RL now, and pay about $450/month wiht iabout 3 years left to go on my purchase. I am not upside down on my RL...could probably sell it and get out of it for what I owe or pocket a grand? i'm about at the even point.

if I could get into a new TL and not have it cost a ton more than my RL, I'd give it a long hard look....

I'd want one spec'd with the body kit, i'd probably just get the 6 speed auto, don't have to have the advance package... but would absolutely have to have SH-AWD and nav.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:14 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Have you talked to Acura? I think the price is going to be different everywhere. I would do that.. just walk and tell themn what you want to spend a month.. they can usually make that happen
Old 04-27-2011, 05:57 PM
No, you are a dork.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stew4HD
Have you talked to Acura? I think the price is going to be different everywhere. I would do that.. just walk and tell themn what you want to spend a month.. they can usually make that happen
That's not a very good way to go about buying a car. Dealerships can often get you to a payment by moving numbers around and you can most often end up paying more for the car when money factors, etc. are raised or lowered. My recommendation is to do what you are doing and ask questions. Learn what money factors are the floor. Determine if there is any extra room for return customers (if you are coming from another Acura). Best bet is to negotiate the actual cap cost (what you would pay for the car if you wrote them a check) and go from there.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:44 PM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
The moderator of the Acura TL leasing forum on edmunds.com just recently posted the following:

"Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 TL Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00189 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier."

The SH-AWD should be dang near close to this...
Old 04-27-2011, 08:34 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by yahtzee
That's not a very good way to go about buying a car. Dealerships can often get you to a payment by moving numbers around and you can most often end up paying more for the car when money factors, etc. are raised or lowered. My recommendation is to do what you are doing and ask questions. Learn what money factors are the floor. Determine if there is any extra room for return customers (if you are coming from another Acura). Best bet is to negotiate the actual cap cost (what you would pay for the car if you wrote them a check) and go from there.
He's asking about a lease.. what kind of special deal is he going be getting?
Old 04-27-2011, 09:01 PM
No, you are a dork.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stew4HD
He's asking about a lease.. what kind of special deal is he going be getting?
If he goes in with $x payment in mind and they can get him to that payment but charge him $250 off of MSRP would that be a good deal? There are multiple variables to be aware of in a lease.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:23 PM
Drifting

i know the basics of leasing... I lurked all over Edmunds before I bought my MDX new.

I was curious what actual deals members here were getting on leases of the new TL.

If I can get to a 450/month paymente, but they want $6000 down... yeah... screw that deal.

I'd be content with putting down bare minimums... $1000 or less....

I like the idea of the new TL. to really be happy with my RL, i'd need to put the aspec body kit on it, and new whels/tires and aspec body kit.. that's almost $4000 in stuff.

i wonder if it would be more wise to put that $ into a newer car....

my RL is an 06 with about 50k miles. It is unde the CPO warranty for two more years... i also wonder if I shoudl just keep it a couple more years, pay it down more, and when it's almost paid off or paid offf and there is $10k in equity, then sell it...
Old 04-28-2011, 09:07 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts
I'd keep the RL. You have relatively low miles and two more years of warranty. When that time is up Acura will be ready to release the 5g TL and then you can decide if you want to go with either a leftover 4g, which will have some hot deals, or the new 5g depending on your like of the new design.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:27 PM
Drifting

probablyl the way to go....

in a couple years my car will either be paid off or virtually paid off... with another 20k it will be a 70-75k mile car, and i'm guessing it's will be wroth 10k or more... that woudl be a n ice down on a new TL... i wish Acura would do a type S or Type R TL... something even harder core than the current SH-AWD... they shoudl turbo it.. and let it kick the crap out of the 335i.... and run with an M3... they could do it if they wanted...

i like my car as it is now, i enjoy the luxury.. i just wish it handed a bit better and looked more aggressive. the RLs with an H&R drop and 18s or 19sd look cool.

ui could buy a set of wheels/tires, keep my stock ones..and then sellthe upgraded ones when i sell the car..recoup some of hte m oney?

if I took off my current 17s.. and let them sit for 2 years.. woudl they rot and go back or could i put htem back on the car and sell it with them on them???
Old 04-28-2011, 04:10 PM
2010 TL AWD 6MT: New King

Received 165 Likes on 104 Posts
^23109VC, what happened to your Boxster? Do you still have it?
Old 04-29-2011, 09:23 PM
Drifting

the boxster was costing me an arm and a leg on repairs... it was fun... but I only drove it about 2500 miles per year MAX and it was costing me 2-3k/year in repairs... $hit broke all the time.. water pump, vacuum leaks, brakes, broken window regulator, broken rear window... I got sick of $hit always breaking so I sold it. i got out of it what i put into it minus a few grand in repairs.. given I had it three years.. it was a good deal.. lots of fun... but I knew a clutch was coming up SOON and there was always the fear of motor failure.. quite a few older boxster blow... and the engine/install is a15k job... which means people just sell it for parts..

i figured i'd either fix up the RL, or d ump the RL and get someting more sport oriented... an M3 sedan would be my ideal choice, but I don'g wan to dump 50k on a used car.... a new one is out of my price point for sure...

honestly, i'd love to get something for about 30-35k.. like a 335 and then chip it. more fun than the RL, and faster by a mile.

or a used M5... but buying a used BMW is a big risk... I could do CPO and be protected for a few years...but to afford it, i'd need to fiannce it over 5-6 years and that's financially unwise... in year 4,5,6 i'd be paying a big payment AND big repairs...

i like the RL...it's not super fast but it does alright... if it was better handling and sportier looking i'd like it more. that's why i think an aspec body kit, H&R springs, and 19s would make it much more fun... but then i'm dumping a fair amount of money into it..and wonder if I'd be better off just putting tha tmoney soemwhere else...