Keyless entry

Old 12-29-2016, 07:52 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keyless entry

Ok I bought a 09 Acura TL and the key fob doesn't work. The car doesn't recognize driver two. Which is the only fob it came with. The switches in the glovebox are turned on. Also I looked in the fuse box by the break pedal and noticed that the keyless ACC fuse was pulled by the previous owner. I put a new fuse in that was a spare from under the hood. It's the proper fuse. But it still doesn't work. Could the owner have done something? Also I had a honda dealer try to reprogram the key fob but they said it wouldn't reprogram. They said they thought it was good. I only bought the car from the dealer because the agreed to buy a key fob but unfortunately the Honda dealer told them it was good. I almost forgot, the lock buttons on the outside front door handles don't work either. Could it be the key fob? Maybe a control module? I wouldn't think it's a diputar issiue because I have no other issues. All my other buttons work in my car, like seat memory, garage opener, and etc. Please help me with some trouble shooting and things to check. It's almost like the previous owner did something. So for now I have to insert the key in the dash which I don't like cause I don't want that to eventually get stuck in or something. And I hate taking the fob apart to get the key out to unlock my doors everytimd I lock the vehicle. Thank you guys. Have a great New Years.
Old 12-29-2016, 11:34 AM

Received 1,020 Likes on 792 Posts
go to the dealer and get it reprogrammed.
Old 12-29-2016, 12:39 PM
But I just got here

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts
Have you replaced the battery in the key fob? Maybe it's just dead.
Old 12-29-2016, 02:34 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keyless entry

i changed the battery. And I went to the dealer to have it reprogrammed. I paid for two hours of diagnostics and they tried to reprogram it and they came out and said that the key fob wouldn't re-write so I needed to pay for two more hours. I was traveling through Florida and I didn't have the time. I was kinda upset too. Now I'm back home the nearest dealer is 6 hrs away
Old 12-31-2016, 01:05 AM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Does the small red LED on the keyfob light up when you press any of the buttons on the keyfob?

So was it Honda that programmed your keyfob? I wonder if they were able to correctly program your keyfob with full function. Reason being is, I needed to get a second keyfob programmed and 4 Honda dealers tried and could not program it. They took the car back and hooked it up to their programming device and stated that they didn't have the correct proprietary bit writer software from Acura. Since none of the honda dealers could do it, I ended up taking it to Acura.

Search this Thread