Key Fob no longer controls moon roof & windows

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 09:01 PM
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Key Fob no longer controls moon roof & windows

I used to be able to hold the unlock button on my key fob on the 2012 TL and the windows would go down and the moon roof would open. About two weeks ago, it stopped. And I can't find anything that will tel me why.

Any ideas? It's HOT in Houston and that was a great feature
Old 07-09-2017, 04:55 AM
Banned

Received 79 Likes on 60 Posts
I'm not 100% sure on the TL, but on the TLX, the procedure is to: Press Unlock button twice within 10 seconds and hold the unlock button down during the second push. I will assume you are doing this correctly. Does your TL also allow you to open all the windows with your key in the drivers door? You can try that which would tell you if it is the vehicle or the key FOB. My first thought when I read your issue was: Change the battery in the remote. Obviously the battery is the most common issue and a weak battery might be causing this problem. Heck, it's been 6 or 7 years, probably time to change it anyway. Let us know what happens.
Old 07-12-2017, 02:13 PM
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its fixed

So, in attempting to use the one-touch system that rolls the windows down, I attempted to open the moon-roof manually from inside the car. I quickly noted that it wouldn't retract all the way without me holding the button.

I held it it until it retracted and then levels it as it went forward. After it closed and I'd held the button for about 5-10 seconds, I hit the button once to retract and it did it with no problem. I felt that it had reset something so I got out of the car and tried my fob again to see if it would roll the windows down and what do you know... it's working.
The following users liked this post:
echodigital (07-12-2017)
Old 07-13-2017, 11:42 AM
Drifting

Received 849 Likes on 605 Posts
Good to hear you fixed it. I thought that feature was kind of goofy when I had my 3G, which did the same thing. But now I find myself using it literally every day at work. It's been getting 95F+ every day here. The only problem is, they're constructing a new building across the street and all the dust accumulates in the car after 9 hours of partially open windows. But spending a few minutes dusting the interior is worth it not being 140F when I get in.....