4G TL (2009-2014)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Just started as a Sales Consultant for Superior Acura, send dealer Q's here!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 09:13 AM
Racer

Received 234 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by Qwikhas
Hello and welcome Corey.

My Fiancee and I are planning to trade her 2006 BMW x5 for an MDX and my 2009 TL AWD for a 2012-13 TL AWD. She'll have about 4-6k in equity in her vehicle when we go but i will be 3k +\- out of equity. My thought was if we go at the same time I will possibly be able to 1) borrow some of her equity, 2) get a better trade in on an acura from an acura dealer and 3) Loyalty trade-in incentives.

Am i on point with my assumptions or should i be planning differently?
Unfortunately, the loyalty program is no longer around. Most of the time dealerships don't do that, they like to keep the money from one deal in your wife's deal and not move it to your deal. However, if you explained to everyone at your local dealership it can be done. Personally I would look up the value of your car and find the trade-in value.

If you have no other options come see us at Superior and we'll hook you up with a killer deal.

Originally Posted by Treblig
Welcome aboard!

To the extent that you can share, would appreciate any insight you might have on the planned "TLX".
Check the TLX Thread, or go to the link here. My post is about halfway down the page, talking about the rumors I've heard in the grape vine.
The following 2 users liked this post by Corey_Straker:
Ant$ (09-28-2013), Qwikhas (09-19-2013)
Old 09-27-2013, 08:48 AM
Racer

No more questions?
Old 09-27-2013, 12:20 PM
2010 TL AWD 6MT: New King

Received 165 Likes on 104 Posts
Originally Posted by Corey_Straker
No more questions?
Any updates on the supposed rumored TLX coupe and convertible?

Also any rumors re: the smaller SUV that is to be slotted below the RDX?
Old 09-28-2013, 02:19 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by docboy
Any updates on the supposed rumored TLX coupe and convertible?

Also any rumors re: the smaller SUV that is to be slotted below the RDX?

The likelihood of the convertible was shot down last time I talked to them, as well as a wagon. But they did confirm, rather reluctantly, a coupe. Cannot wait!
Old 09-28-2013, 09:17 PM
2G TLX-S

Received 1,133 Likes on 813 Posts
Any ETA for the coupe ?
Old 09-29-2013, 07:00 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
The likelihood of the convertible was shot down last time I talked to them, as well as a wagon. But they did confirm, rather reluctantly, a coupe. Cannot wait!
A coupe will be great. Even if it doesn't sell in big numbers it will be good for the brand to have a sporty 2-door back in the line up.

'Reluctantly' meaning they were reluctant to talk about it, not that they were reluctant that there would be a coupe... right?
Old 09-29-2013, 09:42 PM
Colorado Springs

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts
I haven't bought a car for anything other than invoice the last three cars I've bought. In essence, MSRP is dead for anyone other than dummies and fools or those buying a collectible or exotic.

So since "Invoice" is the new "MSRP" and "Dealer Invoice" (Invoice - the incentive/rebate the dealer gets from the factory for every car sold = Dealer Invoice) is the new "Invoice," exactly how much money does the dealer get for every Acura that is sold? If it is a different number for every model, what are they also? This number would be useful for those of us trying to get that "killer deal" you're talking about.
The following users liked this post:
Corey_Straker (09-30-2013)
Old 09-30-2013, 09:12 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
Any ETA for the coupe ?
No ETA, I would expect it when the TLX comes out, or shortly there after. But we still have some time until that happens.

Originally Posted by Rocket_man
A coupe will be great. Even if it doesn't sell in big numbers it will be good for the brand to have a sporty 2-door back in the line up.

'Reluctantly' meaning they were reluctant to talk about it, not that they were reluctant that there would be a coupe... right?
'Reluctantly' as in, he was trying to keep that on the DL big time. But knowing Acura that is always subject to being scrapped.

A TLX Coupe with the 3.5 DI Engine with a 6mt and SH-AWD would ROCK!

Originally Posted by prepreludesh
I haven't bought a car for anything other than invoice the last three cars I've bought. In essence, MSRP is dead for anyone other than dummies and fools or those buying a collectible or exotic.

So since "Invoice" is the new "MSRP" and "Dealer Invoice" (Invoice - the incentive/rebate the dealer gets from the factory for every car sold = Dealer Invoice) is the new "Invoice," exactly how much money does the dealer get for every Acura that is sold? If it is a different number for every model, what are they also? This number would be useful for those of us trying to get that "killer deal" you're talking about.
The issue is not every car has those incentives, so the best way to get a "killer deal" would be to wait until almost the end of the model year, say for example the TL. Right now you'd want to pounce on the 13' TL's because the 14's are already on the lot and they have the dealer cash incentives. This number varies from each car. To my knowledge, there isn't an amount of money we get for selling a car, reguardless. I could be wrong though, I'll do some digging and get back with you!
Ant$ (09-30-2013)
Old 09-30-2013, 12:35 PM
2010 TL AWD 6MT: New King

Received 165 Likes on 104 Posts

'Reluctantly' as in, he was trying to keep that on the DL big time. But knowing Acura that is always subject to being scrapped.

Definitely, a TLX coupe w/V6 6MT and SH-AWD would be awesome, and would compete well with the S5 and upcoming 4 series... as long as it has an aggressive good looking exterior to boot.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:50 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by docboy
Definitely, a TLX coupe w/V6 6MT and SH-AWD would be awesome, and would compete well with the S5 and upcoming 4 series... as long as it has an aggressive good looking exterior to boot.
You summed it up right there. An awesome power plant doesn't mean anything without good styling!
Old 10-07-2013, 12:48 PM
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Corey,

Has there been any talk of having the Krell audio option in the TLX?
Old 10-07-2013, 10:36 PM
Pro

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by Ziffle
That explains a lot. Everytime I have been to your dealership the lot looks like a sea of monochrome.
Spoke. By the guy with the CBP with the ebony interior. Lol.

Corey, I bought my 09 SH AWD from Steve. Great guy and will always work with him.
Corey_Straker (11-04-2013)
Old 10-08-2013, 04:09 AM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No ETA, I would expect it when the TLX comes out, or shortly there after. But we still have some time until that happens.

The issue is not every car has those incentives, so the best way to get a "killer deal" would be to wait until almost the end of the model year, say for example the TL. Right now you'd want to pounce on the 13' TL's because the 14's are already on the lot and they have the dealer cash incentives. This number varies from each car. To my knowledge, there isn't an amount of money we get for selling a car, reguardless. I could be wrong though, I'll do some digging and get back with you!

I took advantage of this and pounced on the 2012 lease returns. Since they were clearing out all the 2013's, they couldn't give away the 2012s. I ended up with a SH AWD Elite with 32500km for 33.5 cad + tax. How did I do?
Old 10-08-2013, 06:41 AM
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Alright so let me introduce myself,

My name is Corey Straker and I was recently hired on at Superior Acura as a sales consultant. I've been around Honda's/Acura's my whole life so I figured I should try and sell the cars I love. I've been floating around the forums for about 3 years and finally decided to suck it up and join.

My purpose for this post is for anyone who might have questions about current incentives, dealer cash programs, or any Acura related questions. I have a good standing relationship with our parts department and our service department.

So if you want ***MOD EDIT** to know what a fair price is on an RLX, What the P-AWS servo motor looks like, What is good/bad, gained/lacking about new model ***MOD EDIT***, please don't hesitate to ask me.

What I'm not here to do...

Be insulted because I work for a "stealership"

Glad to be part of the forums!
Welcome to the boards. Glad to see another person from the sales side of the auto industry here! Im a sales manager for a Honda dealership in Queens NY. Dont ever let anyone insult you for what you do, im proud of what i do and its obviously done well for me.
PM me if you ever need any advice
Corey_Straker (11-04-2013)
Old 10-08-2013, 08:38 AM
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Hogan9166

Corey, I bought my 09 SH AWD from Steve. Great guy and will always work with him.

Touche! Lol.

That being said I would have loved a Mayan Bronze with Umber interior 6 sp. Too bad it doesn't exist.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:22 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Ziffle
Touche! Lol.

That being said I would have loved a Mayan Bronze with Umber interior 6 sp. Too bad it doesn't exist.
I know! That would be one slick combination. Too bad Umber is going away from all the car lineups. People always ask me and criticize why they can't get what they want. I just tell them "because acura doesn't ask us."

It gets very annoying.
draph (12-07-2013)
Old 11-04-2013, 09:29 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Onsan
I took advantage of this and pounced on the 2012 lease returns. Since they were clearing out all the 2013's, they couldn't give away the 2012s. I ended up with a SH AWD Elite with 32500km for 33.5 cad + tax. How did I do?
You did very well. Was that a CPO car (Certified Pre Owned)?

Originally Posted by 6SpdTerror
Welcome to the boards. Glad to see another person from the sales side of the auto industry here! Im a sales manager for a Honda dealership in Queens NY. Dont ever let anyone insult you for what you do, im proud of what i do and its obviously done well for me.
PM me if you ever need any advice
Much thanks! Glad to know there are others floating around.

Originally Posted by 2011TL
Corey,

Has there been any talk of having the Krell audio option in the TLX?
Nope, This is one of the details that will be kept under wraps until release date most likely. But unfortunately I am willing to bet that they keep that with the RLX so there is a definite reason to buy one and right now they need every reason they got because they don't sell for s***.

Steve is a great guy, in fact he is sitting next to me as I am typing this message.
2011TL (11-04-2013)
Old 11-04-2013, 10:11 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 107 Posts
Despite what they say - they are always crying the blues in my newspaper about how little they make - the dealers must make quite a bit on every vehicle. They make on the new car they sell, they make on the used car you trade, they make on the parts and service they sell. On the other hand they have tremendous expenses and overhead. They have huge fancy buildings, huge utilities to pay, huge salary to pay to all the people working there, huge taxes to the municipalities, and huge inventory worth millions of dollars to carry. So to support all that plus make a fabulous profit for the owner - the owners are always multi millionaires - they MUST make a bundle on every sale. Or else they would go out of business. And I don't see many ever going out of business.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:41 AM
Pro

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
You did very well. Was that a CPO car (Certified Pre Owned)?

Much thanks! Glad to know there are others floating around.

Nope, This is one of the details that will be kept under wraps until release date most likely. But unfortunately I am willing to bet that they keep that with the RLX so there is a definite reason to buy one and right now they need every reason they got because they don't sell for s***.

Steve is a great guy, in fact he is sitting next to me as I am typing this message.
I didn't mean for my comment to sound like, "glad you're here, but I will always work with Steve"...just was making a comment about how happy I've been.

That being said, I have had my torque converter issue fixed in the past there, and am still having trouble with it. I need to get the car in to have that looked at pretty soon. I'm high mileage now, but I think that issue can be resolved because it is a common and ongoing thing. Is there a limit on the mileage for having that resolved? I'm talking about the low growl issue at 1500 or so RPMs.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by jim_c
Despite what they say - they are always crying the blues in my newspaper about how little they make - the dealers must make quite a bit on every vehicle. They make on the new car they sell, they make on the used car you trade, they make on the parts and service they sell. On the other hand they have tremendous expenses and overhead. They have huge fancy buildings, huge utilities to pay, huge salary to pay to all the people working there, huge taxes to the municipalities, and huge inventory worth millions of dollars to carry. So to support all that plus make a fabulous profit for the owner - the owners are always multi millionaires - they MUST make a bundle on every sale. Or else they would go out of business. And I don't see many ever going out of business.
You are correct. There are ways we have to make money, but that's a necessary expense. We do have a very high operational cost that's not even including the stupid amounts of money that need to be dumped into advertising. Those mailers you get in your mail, you don't even want to know how much it costs to send out 2500 of them.

I didn't mean for my comment to sound like, "glad you're here, but I will always work with Steve"...just was making a comment about how happy I've been.

That being said, I have had my torque converter issue fixed in the past there, and am still having trouble with it. I need to get the car in to have that looked at pretty soon. I'm high mileage now, but I think that issue can be resolved because it is a common and ongoing thing. Is there a limit on the mileage for having that resolved? I'm talking about the low growl issue at 1500 or so RPMs.
Oh no, not a problem! I'm glad to hear your happy. When can you come in? Go ahead and give the service department a call. Here are my hours if you'd like to meet me! We will see what can be done for you sir.

Monday: 9:00 - 6:00pm
Tuesday: 9:00 - 9:00pm
Wed: OFF
Thursday: 12:00 - 9:00pm
Friday: 9:00 - 6:00 or OFF
Saturday: 9:30 - 6:00pm
Sunday: OFF or 12:00 to 5.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:58 AM
Front seat riders only!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
30,000 Mile Service?

Hi. Wondering about your opinion on 30,000 mile service. I bought my 2011 TL SH-AWD brand new in January 2011. I have about 29,??? miles on my odometer today. So the maintenance minder flashes A12 service due. So I check out the manual and it recommends "...independent of the maintenance minder information, replace the brake fluid every 3 years..." So, to me, I figure I should get the A12 service plus get the brake fluid replaced--that's all. And, I will take my car to the dealer for this. But I am often bewildered by the "30,000 mile service" that the dealer/service area offers. Am I being overly critical/suspicious of the service area if I just stick to what the manual recommends? I don't mind paying for the service as long as my cars runs optimally...but I don't want to pay for anything unnecessary either.
Thoughts?
Old 11-08-2013, 09:23 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by JLMore
Hi. Wondering about your opinion on 30,000 mile service. I bought my 2011 TL SH-AWD brand new in January 2011. I have about 29,??? miles on my odometer today. So the maintenance minder flashes A12 service due. So I check out the manual and it recommends "...independent of the maintenance minder information, replace the brake fluid every 3 years..." So, to me, I figure I should get the A12 service plus get the brake fluid replaced--that's all. And, I will take my car to the dealer for this. But I am often bewildered by the "30,000 mile service" that the dealer/service area offers. Am I being overly critical/suspicious of the service area if I just stick to what the manual recommends? I don't mind paying for the service as long as my cars runs optimally...but I don't want to pay for anything unnecessary either.
Thoughts?
I know what you mean, I'm the same way with my stuff. I am not sure about replacing brake fluid. It couldn't hurt to have it changed. But I don't think it will hurt anything if you leave it either. Completely your call, me personally, I would just do the service.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:00 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
Could you tell me how your dealership would react to someone modding a leased car?

Would they care?

Example, some cars have been hearing suspension noises. Mine is fine. I replaced the springs a while back. If I got the suspension noise in a month and tried to take it in would they deny service due to my mod?

Does it only matter when a case is suspension based and I have a suspension mod or can ANY mod void a warranty with a lease?

I have a lease TO BUY. I made it very clear I plan on buying after the lease term.

Please and thanks
Old 11-08-2013, 11:05 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by usdmJON
Could you tell me how your dealership would react to someone modding a leased car?

Would they care?

Example, some cars have been hearing suspension noises. Mine is fine. I replaced the springs a while back. If I got the suspension noise in a month and tried to take it in would they deny service due to my mod?

Does it only matter when a case is suspension based and I have a suspension mod or can ANY mod void a warranty with a lease?

I have a lease TO BUY. I made it very clear I plan on buying after the lease term.

Please and thanks
Very good question. It all depends on the dealer. Technically, there is no legal bound commitment holding you to that car afterwords so they must treat it as if you were going to walk away after the lease. Like if the car got into a nasty wreck and was repaired.

If you've simply just replaced the springs ( with aftermarket I take it ), I am not sure if this VOIDs the warranty on any affected component, not the whole car. Take it in and at least see what they would say.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:16 AM
Suzuka Master

Horror stories I have heard are BMW owners modding a leased car, then it sees a tranny hick up that is even expected on that year and model. They take it in under warranty an a simple intake is said to may have caused issues with the engine which may have hurt the tranny so they wont service it under warranty.

So with that said, that is on my mind.

Currently I want to buy the front valance pieces for my car but I wanted them professionally done since it involves drilling into the painted part of the car. I just dont want to take it in to them and they write down what I have done; then a year from now if I need to use the warranty have them say "sorry you modded the car and broke your warranty terms of service."

I understand this is a tough question since it matters with the dealership. Maybe what would YOUR dealership do? Thanks for your time man!
Old 11-08-2013, 11:19 AM
Suzuka Master

Maybe an easier way to form the question:

If a car you guys leased out comes back wanting a factory front lip installed and you find they have lowered it on aftermarket springs and bolted on a new intake would you guys take note or even notice?
Old 11-08-2013, 12:20 PM
Racer

We'd notice it but leave it alone. Now the only issue would be if it was going to be a CPO car. ( certified pre owned ) Acura sends CarCannon to inspect some cars and they take pictures and send them to Acura for review. A lot a dealerships around here lost certification because of ridiculous paperwork infractions. Like if a car isn't a manual on the 150-point inspection and you cross off "clutch pressure...etc ", if you don't mark n/a next to it. Boom strike one. So if they are willing to strike down for stupid stuff like that then they would notice the intake, and depending on how much lower or how much camber there is on the car, who knows. Rarely ever do we look under the hood when buying a car so we wouldn't notice the intake, lowering would depend.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:03 AM
Pro

Received 181 Likes on 73 Posts
Corey...so glad you're here. Count me as another Steve Swantko fan. Of course, the reason he has so many people who like working with him means he's been at the dealership since dinosaurs ran the earth .

Anyway, I go to Chicago a lot for work. After the work day, I have down time. No fun just sitting in the hotel room. So, I walk the car lots around my hotel.

Last week, I happened to be near an Acura dealership. I was walking around and a sales person approached me. I told him I was from out of town and was just looking around. I happened to be in front of some RLXs. Sales person there said they were offering all RLXs for $10K off MSRP. Is that your experience? Are they really doing that badly with the new RLX?
Corey_Straker (11-11-2013)
Old 11-11-2013, 07:59 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by graphicguy
Corey...so glad you're here. Count me as another Steve Swantko fan. Of course, the reason he has so many people who like working with him means he's been at the dealership since dinosaurs ran the earth .

Anyway, I go to Chicago a lot for work. After the work day, I have down time. No fun just sitting in the hotel room. So, I walk the car lots around my hotel.

Last week, I happened to be near an Acura dealership. I was walking around and a sales person approached me. I told him I was from out of town and was just looking around. I happened to be in front of some RLXs. Sales person there said they were offering all RLXs for $10K off MSRP. Is that your experience? Are they really doing that badly with the new RLX?
They aren't selling as well as Acura want's but we sold 9 of them last month and 2 this month already! The incentives are great, I think most are holding out for the hybrid SH-AWD car coming in late December.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:46 PM
'16 ILX Premium/A-Spec

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by usdmJON
Maybe an easier way to form the question:

If a car you guys leased out comes back wanting a factory front lip installed and you find they have lowered it on aftermarket springs and bolted on a new intake would you guys take note or even notice?
Quote straight from Acura Financial Services re: your question...

Acura does not recommend modifying the vehicle in any manner, including changing the original tire size or the suspension. Acura vehicles meet all applicable Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards when they are originally distributed, and modification could affect the safety and/or operation of the vehicle, as well as remove it from compliance with specifications and standards mandated by the Federal Government. As with any modification, if a failure occurs on the vehicle that can be attributed to the modification, the warranty on the affected components may be voided.
I just read over my lease from AFS as well... Under Use, section F: ... lessee will not mark, change, or install equipment on the vehicle without the express written consent from the lessor's.

I don't personally believe you will have a problem, however, based on the above, your warranty could be declined and the lessor could find you in default of the lease. Would it happen? Doubtful. Could it happen? Yes.
Corey_Straker (11-18-2013)
Old 11-18-2013, 09:49 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by TheAspec
Quote straight from Acura Financial Services re: your question...

I just read over my lease from AFS as well... Under Use, section F: ... lessee will not mark, change, or install equipment on the vehicle without the express written consent from the lessor's.

I don't personally believe you will have a problem, however, based on the above, your warranty could be declined and the lessor could find you in default of the lease. Would it happen? Doubtful. Could it happen? Yes.
Thank you! I didn't have lease documents handy. I don't think they would turn you down.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 100 Posts
Corey,

What do you know about any RDX changes or MMY changes? When will the RDX get the earth dreams motor? What MPG's are anticipated? Will the RDX have options to get things like ACC or CMBS, lane departure warning, etc?

What has or is Honda Motor Company doing to address carbon build up in DI motors, this seems to be a big drawback of DI engines, particularly Audi and BMW. Has Honda perfected this for both longevity, performance and MPG's?

Curious minds want to know!
Old 11-18-2013, 11:58 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by tsturbo
Corey,

What do you know about any RDX changes or MMY changes? When will the RDX get the earth dreams motor? What MPG's are anticipated? Will the RDX have options to get things like ACC or CMBS, lane departure warning, etc?

What has or is Honda Motor Company doing to address carbon build up in DI motors, this seems to be a big drawback of DI engines, particularly Audi and BMW. Has Honda perfected this for both longevity, performance and MPG's?

Curious minds want to know!
Let me get back with you on the DI motors. I've wondered the same thing. Haven't brought up the topic with mechanics.

As for the RDX I would expect LDW, FCW, and BSI in MMY. Especially how the dang Civic Hybrid provides these technologies. The RDX and ILX are significantly behind in my book. I would expect the RDX engine to stay the same throughtout the life of the 2nd generation. Maybe some MPG improvements via uglier styling which they are known for. Don't expect much.
Gen4MDX (11-19-2013)
Old 11-19-2013, 06:51 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Let me get back with you on the DI motors. I've wondered the same thing. Haven't brought up the topic with mechanics.

As for the RDX I would expect LDW, FCW, and BSI in MMY. Especially how the dang Civic Hybrid provides these technologies. The RDX and ILX are significantly behind in my book. I would expect the RDX engine to stay the same throughtout the life of the 2nd generation. Maybe some MPG improvements via uglier styling which they are known for. Don't expect much.
I'd be shocked although surprised if they add that. It is very much not the way they usually roll, they traditionally do minor cosmetic mods I don't recall them making major feature changes other than BS and cooled seats on the TL when they release the Advanced package. I would welcome a RDX Advanced with BSI, FCW and LDW as well as some LED tails and at least LED DRLs. The gf just got a 14 RDX Tech and while a nice car, I am underwhelmed by Acura's lack of trying to compete. Sure it sells well, but the lack of competitive features will catch up with them eventually.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:23 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by KeithL
I'd be shocked although surprised if they add that. It is very much not the way they usually roll, they traditionally do minor cosmetic mods I don't recall them making major feature changes other than BS and cooled seats on the TL when they release the Advanced package. I would welcome a RDX Advanced with BSI, FCW and LDW as well as some LED tails and at least LED DRLs. The gf just got a 14 RDX Tech and while a nice car, I am underwhelmed by Acura's lack of trying to compete. Sure it sells well, but the lack of competitive features will catch up with them eventually.
They sell well yes, but when they wonder why there sales aren't as killer as in the past it's because they half-ass there cars, they are trying to think people will buy them because it's an Acura. It's honestly really annoying.

On the topic of the RDX we saw this change in the ZDX it gained LDW and FCW for 2013. I think it's a strong possibility we could at least see BSI added onto the car as this is something I feel the CR-V will eventually get.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:41 AM
Burning Brakes

Corey,

Any comments or feedback from the techs on the newly announced earth dreams 3 new turbo charged motors? Do you have any info what Honda/Acura North America vehicles they might be going into?

I think the 2.0T would be the bomb in the RDX and the TLX, performance and MPG's!
Old 11-25-2013, 11:55 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by tsturbo
Corey,

Any comments or feedback from the techs on the newly announced earth dreams 3 new turbo charged motors? Do you have any info what Honda/Acura North America vehicles they might be going into?

I think the 2.0T would be the bomb in the RDX and the TLX, performance and MPG's!
The Tech's are the last to know what engines go in what, to this I know more than they do. I'm not really sure and our district guy doesn't know either. I would love to see the new 2.0T be put into the TLX as the base 4 cylinder engine with a Sport Hybrid version as well with the 3.5 V6.

That would be in a ideal world though, I have the sneaking suspicion it will be the boring but decent enough for them 2.4L N/A 4 cylinder in the current accord mated to a CVT transmission.

I agree though, the 2.0T would be awesome to have back in those two cars. But personally I wouldn't get my hopes up. The only turbocharged car I see in Acura's future is the NSX with it's twin-turbo v6.

Cheers.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:05 AM
Racer

No one has anything
Old 12-06-2013, 03:45 PM
gx3
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No one has anything
Hello Corey, I was an Acura owner for eight and half years and I loved my car (2005 TL) and hanged in there to see if Acura will come up with something interesting in their sedan but nothing. I loved the 2004 to 2008 or 2009 body style but that was the last interesting sedan from Acura. I have been reading comments in this site since I owned that car but didn't join the site till recently and did not put any comment till two days ago. I wanted to put this comment just to say Acura lost my business because they are not producing cars that people want, or should I say I wanted. I was really excited to purchase my 2005 TL, and I like their MDX but unfortunately there is no other interesting car in their line up. I drove new TL, ILX, and TSX and nothing interesting about these cars (body style or technology) so I purchased a car from Toyota. I hope Acura will find their way again and produce cars that people get excited to purchase, like I did when I purchased my TL. I still read the comments in this site in hope of finding new and exciting cars from Acura, and thank you for all the information you are providing.
Corey_Straker (12-09-2013)
Old 12-07-2013, 09:31 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by gx3
Hello Corey, I was an Acura owner for eight and half years and I loved my car (2005 TL) and hanged in there to see if Acura will come up with something interesting in their sedan but nothing. I loved the 2004 to 2008 or 2009 body style but that was the last interesting sedan from Acura. I have been reading comments in this site since I owned that car but didn't join the site till recently and did not put any comment till two days ago. I wanted to put this comment just to say Acura lost my business because they are not producing cars that people want, or should I say I wanted. I was really excited to purchase my 2005 TL, and I like their MDX but unfortunately there is no other interesting car in their line up. I drove new TL, ILX, and TSX and nothing interesting about these cars (body style or technology) so I purchased a car from Toyota. I hope Acura will find their way again and produce cars that people get excited to purchase, like I did when I purchased my TL. I still read the comments in this site in hope of finding new and exciting cars from Acura, and thank you for all the information you are providing.
I fully agree, have been a long time honda and Acura fan and owner, but I have to say, the 2nd gen MDX, the original TSX, RSX, 2 nd gen TL, Integra and of course the NSX are the only Acura's that were on cutting edge and were exciting. This has made me begin to check out the competition, lexus, BMW and others. I don't want to leave the Acura family, but they have lost their way and until this changes, I may go elsewhere.

Quick Reply: Just started as a Sales Consultant for Superior Acura, send dealer Q's here!