Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Going from 2009 AWD TECH to 2012 AWD TECH

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 04:13 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going from 2009 AWD TECH to 2012 AWD TECH

what do you guys think. I'm in a 09 lease maturing in April so I have two payments of 515 left. Also if I wait till april I will be over in miles by about 800. Was offered a new 2012 for 2600 up front and 505/mo. They will take my last two payments. Good deal? This would be my third tl. Maybe I should try something else.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:23 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 88 Posts
That sounds like a good deal to me. That would put you in time to trade in and get the 5G when it comes out.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:59 AM
Intermediate

Thanks. I wonder if lease programs tend to be better in February rather than January. Don't know if i should wait a month. With one payment less and maybe a slightly better program i can get a better deal.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:38 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Try to have them cut the front money & see what happens...walking out the door can do wonders in a car sale negotiation. In your pocket $2600 is worth $50 a month not including interest on a 48 month deal & $72 on a 36 monther.

So with front money your effective out of pocket is equivilant to $550/577 per month
Old 01-22-2012, 03:17 PM
Intermediate

The deal has now been upped to 499 per month with 2600 up front. Still taking my two payments of 515. Also went to infinity and looked at G37 AWD w/Sport package. Although i admit i love my TL the price is much better on a G. Maybe not a great deal for the G itself as they were just leasing for under 400, but still 40 dollars cheaper than TL and 1k less out of pocket. Same features. Don't know if i should chance and wait till February?
Old 01-22-2012, 08:33 PM
Burning Brakes

The only reason you are getting that deal for the G it's because the next gen G is coming soon and they need to move units. But regarless a 1,000 less and less monthly payment you cant go wrong.Now 499 a month with 2600 down sounds like a monter deal to me. I'm in the same boat as you only have 7 payments left on my lease and will def will be looking at macking a deal soon. By the way what state are you in.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:57 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Steve, the deal on the 2012 TL sounds good. Maybe tell your Acura dealer about the deal on the G and see what they will do for you.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:59 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
my lease on 09 TL tech also ends on April, and i am looking into 2012 awd tech next car,
i did look into Infiniti and car is a waste comparing to TL in my opinion G is small and cheap built i was getting that for $469 just 1 month payment and dew fee and i didn't want it. since Acura don't have early lease return program spoke to few dealerships and for 2012 awd tech with just first payment and dmv fee i got $520 a month, they told me to wait it off cuz they don't want to make the 2 payments for me. so i just have to wait till ends. i still have 2 payments to go...
But yesterday i got from Paragon lease buy back early and see what they can offer me

Last edited by amer; 01-22-2012 at 11:03 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:47 AM
Intermediate

amer, i heard before that the G is cheaper built than the TL. Can you be a bit more specific. I sat in it, and will drive it tomorrow. It did not feel cheap in any way. I have had two TL's one after the other. To me going from a 09' to a 12' is not going to change anything. Nothing major was done. I can try the G and than get the 5th Generation TL. However if the G is a "waste" i do not want it. I would like to know more about that. It is smaller, but not small enough to not consider it. Its faster but i don't care about that. Has all the features the New TL does. The only thing that's different is the Navi is touch screen. I am not sure i like that, and not sure about the location of the control on it. That's not a deal breaker for me. I think i will wait for the programs in February and hope they are better. Please tell me more about why the G is cheap or bad.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:22 AM
Burning Brakes

A member here had the 4G then he traded it for a M37, he said the car felt like it was cheaply made. He said the doors on the M felt light as hell opposed to the Tl, he said when he close the doors on the M it felt verry light and the 4G felt solid. He also said that the interior felt more together or in other words more solid built.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:10 AM
Intermediate

Hopefully I can look at that when I test drive it.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:21 AM
Instructor

Too me G inside felt cheap as far as the layout of the car the buttons on the center consul, too much road noise, the dashboard with tilt is stupid. buttons on the doors look cheap, when u close the door it sounds light and little loud, i don't know i was just disappointed with the car over all but it does move only that thing but i am sure awd tl is there also, good luck
Old 01-23-2012, 09:40 AM
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 34 Posts
I have a 2010 G37 sedan and a 2012 TL SH-AWD Tech. I would not say the G is "cheap". I would describe it as "less busy", more simple. But not cheap in any way. It's actually built very well, never had any squeaks, rattles or anything of the sort. The G is smaller, and has a more sporty ride. The only complaint i have is the Leather seat is not up to the quality of the TL IMO. I'm starting to see wear lines on it. But all in all, the G is a fantastic deal! If i wasn't fortunate to have both cas, and choosing one of them, for the price difference your talking about, i would honestly go with the G. Saving that money, and the G is a fantastic car.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:43 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by amer
my lease on 09 TL tech also ends on April, and i am looking into 2012 awd tech next car,
i did look into Infiniti and car is a waste comparing to TL in my opinion G is small and cheap built i was getting that for $469 just 1 month payment and dew fee and i didn't want it. since Acura don't have early lease return program spoke to few dealerships and for 2012 awd tech with just first payment and dmv fee i got $520 a month, they told me to wait it off cuz they don't want to make the 2 payments for me. so i just have to wait till ends. i still have 2 payments to go...
But yesterday i got from Paragon lease buy back early and see what they can offer me
Are you sure about the early lease return program? I have traded each of my last 2 TL's (04, 08) 3 months early. I also have received significant lease loyalty discounts as well as rollover mileage from my previous lease into the new one. I'd get a couple of your local dealers working against each other to come up with the best deal.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:46 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by amer
Too me G inside felt cheap as far as the layout of the car the buttons on the center consul, too much road noise, the dashboard with tilt is stupid. buttons on the doors look cheap, when u close the door it sounds light and little loud, i don't know i was just disappointed with the car over all but it does move only that thing but i am sure awd tl is there also, good luck
This is why if you are interested in purchasing a vehicle, you should derive your information first hand, not through the internet.

- My G interior with accents I feel is much nicer then the TLs'. The leather in the TLs seats may be better, but so what.
- I like the interior sounds, if I want vault like sound deading I'd get an ES350.
- Love the moving dashboard with the electric telescoping steering wheel. TL is missing that feature.
- I do agree in the early years of Infiniti, the door close was tinny, but Infiniti now has that satisifying "thunk".
- When test driving ELLPS vehicles, my wife and I couldn't even bring ourselves to test drive the TL, because it was so ugly. (Picked up my G in June)

I never would have not test drove the car based on internet forum feedback, we didn't test drive the car, because we couldn't get past it's looks.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:46 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts
tell them about the deal G offered and try to knock down the up front
Old 01-24-2012, 11:48 AM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by g37guy01
This is why if you are interested in purchasing a vehicle, you should derive your information first hand, not through the internet.

- My G interior with accents I feel is much nicer then the TLs'. The leather in the TLs seats may be better, but so what.
- I like the interior sounds, if I want vault like sound deading I'd get an ES350.
- Love the moving dashboard with the electric telescoping steering wheel. TL is missing that feature.
- I do agree in the early years of Infiniti, the door close was tinny, but Infiniti now has that satisifying "thunk".
- When test driving ELLPS vehicles, my wife and I couldn't even bring ourselves to test drive the TL, because it was so ugly. (Picked up my G in June)

I never would have not test drove the car based on internet forum feedback, we didn't test drive the car, because we couldn't get past it's looks.
and yet you spend a lot of time on a car board you don't own and have never driven, interesting.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by scfa
and yet you spend a lot of time on a car board you don't own and have never driven, interesting.
But I have been in.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:42 AM
Intermediate

Ok so i test drove the G. I liked it. I didn't not have issues with noises or noises coming from closing the door. Its a solid car. Yes you can feel those gears more and definitely the engine is more present, but i feel like it makes the driving experience a bit more active. That does not seem to bother me. I didn't like that there were no turning signal lights on the mirrors but again no deal breaker.

Here is what's bugging me. The new gen of the G 37 will probably be the 2013 and out end of 2012. Do i really want to least this now (even though its much cheaper than TL, but not a great deal on the G compared to December) and then 7 months later be looking at the new Gen. on the streets. What do you guys think deal breaker or no? Again my current deal for TL is 2600 upfront with 499/month and for the G its 1450 upfront with 470 (36mo.) or 455 (39mo.). I am sure i can drop both prices a bit by the end of the weakend.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:25 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by stevenyc7
Ok so i test drove the G. I liked it. I didn't not have issues with noises or noises coming from closing the door. Its a solid car. Yes you can feel those gears more and definitely the engine is more present, but i feel like it makes the driving experience a bit more active. That does not seem to bother me. I didn't like that there were no turning signal lights on the mirrors but again no deal breaker.

Here is what's bugging me. The new gen of the G 37 will probably be the 2013 and out end of 2012. Do i really want to least this now (even though its much cheaper than TL, but not a great deal on the G compared to December) and then 7 months later be looking at the new Gen. on the streets. What do you guys think deal breaker or no? Again my current deal for TL is 2600 upfront with 499/month and for the G its 1450 upfront with 470 (36mo.) or 455 (39mo.). I am sure i can drop both prices a bit by the end of the weakend.
The TL isn't going to be a new gen either. Whatever car you choose, there will be a new generation before your lease is over. Pick the combination of car/finances you like best.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:05 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by stevenyc7

Used to have a G and I still spend a lot of time on the G forums. It is much more probable that the new generation will be coming out in 2013 as a 2014 model. It is HIGHLY unlikely the new G will come out later this year.

Last edited by baksdak; 01-25-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:19 PM
Advanced

since I am strongly considering a 4g TL when my ex 35 lease ends I am monitoring what people who own the TL have to say. I can tell you that as someone who got a loaner g when my ex was in for service, it is terribly disappointing to drive if you want luxury. it feels and looks cheap inside. feels cheap driving too. I owned a 3g TL and that car was much better. also leased a 2g lexus IS and that car is far superior. if it werent so small inside I would just get another one. have yet to drive the 4g TL yet but I will and if I decide not to get another crossover/suv the 4g TL is the surprise leader in the clubhouse at the moment. very very disappointed in the infiniti g series. the ex which is based on it is far superior luxury wise
Old 01-26-2012, 04:23 PM
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by OneOfOne
since I am strongly considering a 4g TL when my ex 35 lease ends I am monitoring what people who own the TL have to say. I can tell you that as someone who got a loaner g when my ex was in for service, it is terribly disappointing to drive if you want luxury. it feels and looks cheap inside. feels cheap driving too. I owned a 3g TL and that car was much better. also leased a 2g lexus IS and that car is far superior. if it werent so small inside I would just get another one. have yet to drive the 4g TL yet but I will and if I decide not to get another crossover/suv the 4g TL is the surprise leader in the clubhouse at the moment. very very disappointed in the infiniti g series. the ex which is based on it is far superior luxury wise
I test drove a G37x and an AWD EX35, and had similar experiences to yours, except that the refinement of the EX made me hate it, and the loudness and firmness of the G37 made me like it.

The '12 TL I drove was definitely between the two, and while the G37 is probably about what I would want in terms of ride experience, it's too cramped inside for me and while the car makes the right sounds and makes a great musclecar, the TL was far and away the better cornering machine. not even close.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DannyZRC
I test drove a G37x and an AWD EX35, and had similar experiences to yours, except that the refinement of the EX made me hate it, and the loudness and firmness of the G37 made me like it.

The '12 TL I drove was definitely between the two, and while the G37 is probably about what I would want in terms of ride experience, it's too cramped inside for me and while the car makes the right sounds and makes a great musclecar, the TL was far and away the better cornering machine. not even close.
The exact same options are in the ex as in the g, similiar materials, so I don't know where the ex has more luxury, except for the all around view that is cool.

I prefer the muscle car bat out of heck not even "close" of the g myself.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:35 AM
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
The exact same options are in the ex as in the g, similiar materials, so I don't know where the ex has more luxury, except for the all around view that is cool.
It's not about the interior materials, it's about noise and ride isolation. the EX was tuned for a lot of it, the G for not that much of it.

huh? PUI?
Old 01-27-2012, 03:07 AM
Advanced

if you dont know where then you have no eye for detail. they say the car was intended for women but I dont know about that. I do know its quieter and smoother than any g. you probably arent looking for luxury so it wouldnt matter anyway. similar is not the same as exact. the ex interior 'may' look like the g but its far better. most reviewers have said the same thing.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:33 AM
Intermediate

So to make the long story short. The best deal on the tabe from Acura is 2600 upfront and 480 a month taking my last two payments of 515. for the TL AWD Tech, the best deal for the G37xS is 1400 upfront with 459/mo also taking my two payments. G is much better deal than TL (i drove it and liked all the noises and size, that did not bother me). Although this is a cheaper than TL it is not a great deal for the G. I have friends who paid 0down with 380 a month only a month ago on a christmas special for a two year program. Mine is a three year. I decided to wait and see what happens with programs in February and March and probably ride out my current lease and just pay the 800 buck or so in over mileage if i have to. Thanks for all the help.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:49 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by OneOfOne
if you dont know where then you have no eye for detail. they say the car was intended for women but I dont know about that. I do know its quieter and smoother than any g. you probably arent looking for luxury so it wouldnt matter anyway. similar is not the same as exact. the ex interior 'may' look like the g but its far better. most reviewers have said the same thing.
I didn't drive it only sat in it when my car was in for an oil change, but I get what you say about the way the suspension is tuned.

In the 40k price range IMO there is the start of luxury, everybody's definition is different. But infiniti like Acura will have a new model out. Well see if it raises the bar, or not, and in what way.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:22 AM
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
But I have been in.
I didn't drive it only sat in it when my car was in for an oil change,

hm.. i love how you think your an expert on cars since you've sat in them.. i've sat in a ferrari before; i think i'll head over to the ferrari forums and talk about how much it sucks since i did sit in it once..

i honestly dont know what your agenda is.. you've never owned or driven a TL; yet you constantly feel the need to add your completely bull$hit opinion about the TL. you honestly have zero credibility. had you owned a TL and hated it, you would have credibility. but you have none. i honestly dont know what your doing here? me thinks your a morbidly obese, pimply faced 15 yr old with nothing better to do (my apologizes to all morbidly obese pimply faced 15 yr olds)
Old 01-27-2012, 09:03 AM
Instructor

Stevenyc7 so u are on a same page i am on.. i have 2 payments remaining,, as far as going over mileage i was told that acura gives you up to 7 500miles free if u go over ur miles but only if u get another acura they will waive the milage and not charge u.... i spoke to acura curry. they don't want to take the 2 remaining payments if they do that then my payment will be 549 and i will have to give first month and dmv fee. but i wait it off cuz i am not in rush. i also spoke to wheels to lease company and they were getting me good numbers also. but i will wait till my contract ends
Old 01-27-2012, 10:32 AM
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by types1fan
A member here had the 4G then he traded it for a M37, he said the car felt like it was cheaply made. He said the doors on the M felt light as hell opposed to the Tl, he said when he close the doors on the M it felt verry light and the 4G felt solid. He also said that the interior felt more together or in other words more solid built.
He said/She said. What about driving one?

^^And this is the important stuff right here folks! You need heavy dooes that close solid! If they don't that car is cheap garbage! Forget the sporting attributes of RWD, more power, and more torque, it's all about closing the door!
Old 01-27-2012, 10:35 AM
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Insti Gator

^^And this is the important stuff right here folks! You need heavy dooes that close solid! If they don't that car is cheap garbage! Forget the sporting attributes of RWD, more power, and more torque, it's all about closing the door!
doors*
Old 01-27-2012, 10:52 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by omaralt
hm.. i love how you think your an expert on cars since you've sat in them.. i've sat in a ferrari before; i think i'll head over to the ferrari forums and talk about how much it sucks since i did sit in it once..

i honestly dont know what your agenda is.. you've never owned or driven a TL; yet you constantly feel the need to add your completely bull$hit opinion about the TL. you honestly have zero credibility. had you owned a TL and hated it, you would have credibility. but you have none. i honestly dont know what your doing here? me thinks your a morbidly obese, pimply faced 15 yr old with nothing better to do (my apologizes to all morbidly obese pimply faced 15 yr olds)
The Ferrari forums are a bit different as they are not in the realm of mainstream cars. And I don't think one could just walk into a Ferrari dealership and get a test drive. (I could be wrong, I never tried it)
Old 01-27-2012, 03:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Insti Gator

Here sego again

If you read my post i said a member here said, I personally never sat in a G37. I was just giving him some info.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:19 AM
Intermediate

Amer, the deal you are getting sucks. My last deal from yesturday was believe it or not 465 per month with 2600 upfront. Taking my last two payments of 515.28 each. This is for a 2012 TL AWD Tech. Great deal IMO on the car. However this would be my third TL. Not much changed. I think im jumping ship. Really wish i didn't have to. But my deal for a 2012 G37x with Sports package is 1000 upfront with 420 per momth for 39 momths. If i get them to do this for 36 momths i might have a deal. Again they are taking my two monthly payments as well. I am about 200 bucks over in mileage that i may have to pay. Well see after i talk to them today.

Thoughts????
Old 01-28-2012, 08:37 AM
Burning Brakes

For a 2012 I think that's a good deal.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:46 AM
Intermediate

I didn't pull the trigger. My last two payments are screwing up the deal. I have till march so i'll probably wait it out. The guy told me he is expecting the same program for february and march. That mush be BS. Time will tell.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:42 AM
Instructor

Stevenyc7.. you are on the same boat.2 payments seems like making big difference to the dealership.. thats where they getting us on..
But as far as me i not putting that money down like u are . I am doing first month payment and dmv to be 520-530 range so they told me it can be done once ur car is done in march.. cuz for every $1000 u put down is the payment is about $28 dollars less.