Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Glad Acura thought of this.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 10:21 AM
Drifting

Received 849 Likes on 605 Posts
Glad Acura thought of this.....

Just a quick mention of a feature I never knew about on the 4G. It might only apply to the push-button start models (tech?). Anyway, I threw my jacket in the trunk this morning and forgot that my keys were in the pocket. When I closed the trunk, the car beeped and the trunk popped back open. I closed it again and it did the same thing. I've had it beep like that when I try to lock it with the button on the handle when the keys are still in the car. So I checked on the seat and ignition but the keys weren't there. And they weren't in my pocket. It dawned on me that they were probably in my jacket. Sure enough, I had put them in my jacket pocket when I ran out the door, then when I threw the jacket in the trunk the car somehow knew they were in the trunk.We give Acura a lot of crap. Myself included. But I'm glad they thought of a few features that help. It's good to know that it's practically impossible to lock your keys in this car.
The following users liked this post:
hadokenuh (01-03-2018)
Old 01-03-2018, 10:41 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
fyi when the key fob battery starts to get low

the car can be started just fine (with out the change fob battery warning)

but the trunk will not pop open
Old 01-03-2018, 11:24 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I do like that you can't lock the keys in the car but at the same time the downside is that you can not lock the car while running (unless there is a way I do not know about in which case please enlighten me!). I live in Canada land where it has been -30 Celsius (with wind sometimes -40 to -50) lately and since I don't have a remote starter id like to be able to start it and let it warm up for 3-5 minutes or sometimes if I just need to run in to a store for a minute would be nice to just lock it run in and then run out. Also, I'm bitter about the fact my 13' Elite (which would have been nearly 60k new) does not have a heated steering wheel haha.
Old 01-04-2018, 06:58 AM
Pro

Received 102 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by JordanF
I do like that you can't lock the keys in the car but at the same time the downside is that you can not lock the car while running (unless there is a way I do not know about in which case please enlighten me!). I live in Canada land where it has been -30 Celsius (with wind sometimes -40 to -50) lately and since I don't have a remote starter id like to be able to start it and let it warm up for 3-5 minutes or sometimes if I just need to run in to a store for a minute would be nice to just lock it run in and then run out. Also, I'm bitter about the fact my 13' Elite (which would have been nearly 60k new) does not have a heated steering wheel haha.
lol I’m bitter as well my Tech Package doesn’t have a heated steering wheel as well. It was pushing 50k when new at the time. Sucks when it’s an ice cube in the car and you rest your hands on a ice brick to steer.
Old 01-04-2018, 11:35 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 153 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by Kinuto
lol I’m bitter as well my Tech Package doesn’t have a heated steering wheel as well. It was pushing 50k when new at the time. Sucks when it’s an ice cube in the car and you rest your hands on a ice brick to steer.
I think the Canadian Elite (Advance US) model has heated steering wheel. We don't get that feature. I guess one of the reasons why Canadians pay more for their Acuras
Old 01-04-2018, 12:23 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hadokenuh
I think the Canadian Elite (Advance US) model has heated steering wheel. We don't get that feature. I guess one of the reasons why Canadians pay more for their Acuras
You must have skipped over my post above his haha because no heated on the Elite (advance) model either
Old 01-04-2018, 01:29 PM
Drifting

Received 849 Likes on 605 Posts
True. There's no way I've figured out to leave the car running, but have it locked so it's secure at the same time. But it's never been necessary for me to do that, since our "cold" in Utah is nothing like Canada or the north east US.
Old 01-04-2018, 08:13 PM
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
My car has been sending a message to stick key fob in the slot or it will not start,is that a dead fob battery?
Old 01-04-2018, 09:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 383 Likes on 239 Posts
Originally Posted by Lee C
My car has been sending a message to stick key fob in the slot or it will not start,is that a dead fob battery?
Yes. New battery and that message should disappear.
Lee C (01-05-2018)
Old 01-04-2018, 10:30 PM
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 70 Posts
^^^
Old 01-05-2018, 02:24 AM
3 2 GONE

Received 237 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally Posted by losiglow
True. There's no way I've figured out to leave the car running, but have it locked so it's secure at the same time. But it's never been necessary for me to do that, since our "cold" in Utah is nothing like Canada or the north east US.
While sitting inside lock all the doors with the power door lock switch. Manually open the drivers door only. Exit car then use the key to manually lock the drivers door.Voila, all your doors are locked and you car is still running.
losiglow (01-08-2018)
Old 01-06-2018, 05:54 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The key inside the key fob can be used to manually lock the car while it is running and use the key again to unlock the car when you need to get in.