Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Fuel Filter?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 04:39 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel Filter?

Just picked up a new-to-me 2012 TL FWD w/ 60k on the clock. I have been combing the forum finding all the little nuggets you gave been giving as far as maintenance and mods go. I have yet to see any mention of a Fuel Filter? It looks like other than oil changes the previous owner hasn't really done any maintenance. After going through the forum it looks like I should do a 3x3 tranny fluid change, new spark plugs, oil/filter change, brake fluid flush, coolant flush. Am I missing anything? Thanks in advance for the help!
Old 10-23-2017, 04:54 PM
Drifting

Received 849 Likes on 605 Posts
The fuel filter is incorporated into the fuel pump and isn't really a serviceable part:

https://www.acurapartswarehouse.com/...8-ta0-a00.html

That's the way Acura has been doing it for some time now. To my knowledge, it's more or less a "lifetime" filter. I've never heard of anyone even having a fuel pump failure in these cars so however they designed it must work.
The following users liked this post:
theonlybfc (10-23-2017)
Old 10-23-2017, 07:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,989 Likes on 1,412 Posts
Originally Posted by theonlybfc
Just picked up a new-to-me 2012 TL FWD w/ 60k on the clock. I have been combing the forum finding all the little nuggets you gave been giving as far as maintenance and mods go. I have yet to see any mention of a Fuel Filter? It looks like other than oil changes the previous owner hasn't really done any maintenance. After going through the forum it looks like I should do a 3x3 tranny fluid change, new spark plugs, oil/filter change, brake fluid flush, coolant flush. Am I missing anything? Thanks in advance for the help!
NO need for the coolant flush, it's good for 7-10yrs/105K miles!

If you get a gurgling noise at startup, it may be the Automatic Transmission Fluid Filter that needs to be replaced. I would check and see if it's had the transmission software update and fluid flush performed by the dealer before doing any work! There was a bulletin that the trans would wear out the fluid faster than expected thus the update and new fluid (9+ quart flush)