Sponsored by: DashLynx

Cpo tl sh-awd

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 12:54 PM
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts
Cpo tl sh-awd

What's up guys..

I've got my eyes on this sweet 2010 TL AWD from Paragon Acura in New York. Hopefully this dealer doesnt consist of a buch of idiots like the one in Brooklyn. http://paragonacura.com/New-York-Cit...e-Car/6264494/

My plan is to go there tomorrow to test drive the vehicle & work out some kind of deal. My goal is to get at least 10k for my 04 TL with Nav and full body kit. The vehicle is being sold for $33,995 with a little over 5,500 miles on it. Does this sound too good to be true? How low do you guys think I get them down to? I really want to pull the trigger on this one.

thanks!
Old 04-29-2011, 12:59 PM
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
You can get them far closer to $30k. I'd say around $31,500. Be aggressive. You hold the power, because you can walk away
Old 04-29-2011, 01:33 PM
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
that seems like a very fair price...damn, its only got 5500 miles on it, and it has the 19" wheels to boot....if you can get it for lower then that, i would be suprised...that car sold new for probably 38k, and stickered for just under 43k....
Old 04-29-2011, 01:44 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Nice car and color. Good luck in getting it!
Old 04-29-2011, 01:48 PM
Still a Noob!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by diddy_nyc
What's up guys..

I've got my eyes on this sweet 2010 TL AWD from Paragon Acura in New York. Hopefully this dealer doesnt consist of a buch of idiots like the one in Brooklyn. http://paragonacura.com/New-York-Cit...e-Car/6264494/

My plan is to go there tomorrow to test drive the vehicle & work out some kind of deal. My goal is to get at least 10k for my 04 TL with Nav and full body kit. The vehicle is being sold for $33,995 with a little over 5,500 miles on it. Does this sound too good to be true? How low do you guys think I get them down to? I really want to pull the trigger on this one.

thanks!
Careful with Paragon. Nothing but complaints about that place and first hand witness. Lets just say I would never go back there again.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 114 Likes on 66 Posts
http://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/Pa...-review-25763/
Old 04-29-2011, 01:54 PM
Suzuka Master

4.5 out of 5 isn't bad at all. I am sure every dealership has had some issues.

The dealership I used was on my shit list until I spoke to the GM and area rep. They are 5 star to me now.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:58 PM
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
i bought my 06 TL from paragon in 08 ..going on 3 years later the car started falling apart................look into CURRY ACURA in yonkers on central ave and even ACURA of westchester FIRST..............

the run down i got from a couple of ACURA dealers without mentioning anything to them about my issues with the car......(obviously because i was trading it in and trying to get the most for my money so wouldnt mention the issues) was told to stay clear of that dealer...........

yes most would say of course dealers will try to get you to buy from them instead of another place but for them to know i got dicked and didn't even have to open my mouth bout it was kinda scary and to close for comfort...............

That dealer is not interested in long term relationships just that one sale then hey it's your problem trust me when i tell you ..................

i would look around at other dealers first .......and this is from direct experience with paragon ...................i've even heard rallye acura was pretty decent also ......i personally got my car serviced at acura of westchester but they tried to stiff me on my trade in even though my car got serviced there until they heard i was getting my car from curry acura.....then the deals came ....blah blah blah.............

but just my word of advice ...........make paragon your last choice.................
Old 04-29-2011, 02:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by TRIUMPHT
i bought my 06 TL from paragon in 08 ..going on 3 years later the car started falling apart................look into CURRY ACURA in yonkers on central ave and even ACURA of westchester FIRST..............

the run down i got from a couple of ACURA dealers without mentioning anything to them about my issues with the car......(obviously because i was trading it in and trying to get the most for my money so wouldnt mention the issues) was told to stay clear of that dealer...........

yes most would say of course dealers will try to get you to buy from them instead of another place but for them to know i got dicked and didn't even have to open my mouth bout it was kinda scary and to close for comfort...............

That dealer is not interested in long term relationships just that one sale then hey it's your problem trust me when i tell you ..................

i would look around at other dealers first .......and this is from direct experience with paragon ...................i've even heard rallye acura was pretty decent also ......i personally got my car serviced at acura of westchester but they tried to stiff me on my trade in even though my car got serviced there until they heard i was getting my car from curry acura.....then the deals came ....blah blah blah.............

but just my word of advice ...........make paragon your last choice.................
IMO, Acura needs to be aware of that this place is that bad. From what I gather, Acura corporate would not look too kindly upon a dealership not serving Acura customers well... especially in these tough economic times. I'd sure be writing to Acura.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:04 PM
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by vinnier6
that seems like a very fair price...damn, its only got 5500 miles on it, and it has the 19" wheels to boot....if you can get it for lower then that, i would be suprised...that car sold new for probably 38k, and stickered for just under 43k....

^ my point exactly i will tell you as i tell most people .....if i go to 3 stores to purchase something and they are all selling the item for close to the same price then i go to another store and they are selling it for way less............is it worth it?........we all know about competitive pricing........and dealers competing but at the end of the day .........they are out to make a profit so don't you think if they could sell it for more they would? STOP THINK ABOUT IT......................i'm just saying......................

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
IMO, Acura needs to be aware of that this place is that bad. From what I gather, Acura corporate would not look too kindly upon a dealership not serving Acura customers well... especially in these tough economic times. I'd sure be writing to Acura.
this is true but the one thing i have learned is customer service goes as far as the amount the dealer is making .....if they are making their numbers corporate could care less about customer service ....as long as they are nice and friendly enough to make that sale.....and the dealers doing bad numbers are ..the ones you find willing to go above and beyond.....but there is always an exception to the rule........

at the time i got that car there was no recension ..that's neither here nor there though ......i have learned in N.Y if you are not showing companies the money they wont even think to help u.......

perfect example when i got my 11 i tried to trade in my 06 and everybody said 11,000 .......i figured that from the nissan dealer i went to ...the infiniti dealer i went to even the beamer dealer i went to ...as a matter of fact nissan wouldnt even do an appraisal without me putting a deposit ..........meanwhile i told nobody i was purchasing the car straight out depending on what i get for my trade in.........because of obvious facts.....people seem to get a lot nicer when you are talking money obviously ...........so i went to the last dealer as a shot in the dark and they said without me even mentioning what i was going to do we will give you 15K i said now all i need to do is pick my color and that was all she wrote................now that is great customer service..........

F.Y.I that dealer usually tries to make you dish out the money for the certification that's supposed to already be there .......done by them .....

Originally Posted by HenryNYC
Careful with Paragon. Nothing but complaints about that place and first hand witness. Lets just say I would never go back there again.

^see i am not the only one and i am pretty sure if you go through the threads ............asking about that stealership you will see similar posts....

Last edited by Steven Bell; 04-29-2011 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Merged Posts.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:15 PM
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts
I actually purchased the TL that I currently own from Curry Acura. They were a pleasure to deal with but unfortunately the asking price for most of there CPO vehicles are outragous. We'll see what tomorrow brings. I'll just walk out if they try to BS me around.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:18 PM
Suzuka Master

You can also let them know that they are on a short leash after reading about how bad they have been to other customers.... use that info in your favor!
Old 04-29-2011, 04:54 PM
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Very nice choice.. hope everything works out and you get the car without any troubles.. Good Luck!