Comprehensive Warranty ending...2013 TL AWD Any advice?

Old 04-29-2017, 08:47 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Comprehensive Warranty ending...2013 TL AWD Any advice?

So i'm due for an oil change next week. I spoke with Acura service and asked them if they would "do a once over for me" since I'm out of warranty next month..Their response was, "I'm sorry sir, but that's warranty fishing...If there is an issue or item you would specifically like us to inspect or you can do a B service which includes inspection".

So I did a Minder "B" last oil change 6 months ago, $200 rip off if you ask me..but I didn't want any warranty issues if something went wrong. Car has 33,800 km on it. As far as I can tell the car runs great, my only complaint is quirky shifting in drive at low revs, sometime gears down or up for no reason. Mostly at low speeds 30-50km around 1k revs. I downloaded an Acura 182 point inspection list and went through all the easy stuff but I don't have the knowledge/means to check some of the suspension/engine related stuff.

Is there anything worth having them check? I'm still covered drivetrain warranty to 2020..just trying to be proactive here.

Thanks in advance, this forum has been a wealth of knowledge and the reason I went with a 4G TL
Old 04-29-2017, 09:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,988 Likes on 1,412 Posts
Prop Shaft whine, this can be an expensive fix. Makes a whistling noise at certain speeds.
Jerky shifting/bumpy shifting/judder - transmission software update and possible tq converter replacement
33K KM is not that much so you may not be having the prop shaft whine.

Make sure in the B-service the parking brake is adjusted! Easy tell-tale if they actually did it or just changed oil/filters.
Old 05-01-2017, 12:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 107 Posts
That is a bullshit answer. (Warranty fishing). Customer service is a foreign concept to so many dealers.
Refer to John Cadogan's youtube rants about "why you hate the dealer" LOL.
Your Acura will be basically trouble free, stop worrying!

Search this Thread