can u change ur Base tl turn signal lights to the sh-awd turn signal lights?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 05:01 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can u change ur Base tl turn signal lights to the sh-awd turn signal lights?

hello, my name is johnny. I just wanted to know that for the turn signal lights(right above ur fog lights) on the base tl can be changed out to look like the turn signal on the Sh-awd turn signal lights. i ask this cause on the base, it is a lot longer than the awd. i got my car couple months ago and i drive on the highway a lot. Sometimes things like dirt or pebbles or debris hits the bottom of my car and so far i have a crack on both of my turn signal lights cause its very long, unlike the AWD. so if someone can help me on this. if u dont understand what im saying, look up how the base signal lights look like and the AWD. thank you
Old 10-29-2009, 08:40 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 98 Likes on 90 Posts
theoretically you should be able to..... but you might have to buy the grill and possibly the foglight housing maybe someone can shed some more light on this
Old 10-31-2009, 12:52 AM
3rd Gear

yeah thats what i figured. but also, does it run pretty expensive to change the lights? cause i have those cracks in it from the pebbles hitting it.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:24 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 98 Likes on 90 Posts
you would have to call ur dealer because acuraoemparts.com doesnt list 09 tls yet or maybe someone on here may know
Old 10-31-2009, 06:57 AM
My beer fridge is in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by djtanveer
you would have to call ur dealer because acuraoemparts.com doesnt list 09 tls yet or maybe someone on here may know
oemacuraparts.com does lists 09 parts. they show the housings. here is the link.

http://www.oemacuraparts.com/partloc...layCatalogid=0
Old 10-31-2009, 10:14 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by venom550pm
oemacuraparts.com does lists 09 parts. they show the housings. here is the link.

Wait! I'm confused (and you can possibly save me a ton of money ) Your link shows the housing. Is that the lens? Mine just got cracked by a pebble (thanks for the reply on the other thread) and I was going to order the entire assembly for $75.

I didn't think you can change the lens on these separately, can you? What is the part that you linked above for then?
Old 10-31-2009, 10:13 PM
My beer fridge is in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i believe part number 18 is the housing for the base tl, and number 19 is the housing for the sh-awd. I would call them to confirm before you order.

If you are looking for the fog lamp assembly here is another link. Not quite sure what you are looking for/to do.

Old 10-31-2009, 11:22 PM
3rd Gear

wow thanks very much. i definitely appreciate everyones info.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:35 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by venom550pm
i believe part number 18 is the housing for the base tl, and number 19 is the housing for the sh-awd. I would call them to confirm before you order.

If you are looking for the fog lamp assembly here is another link. Not quite sure what you are looking for/to do.

Correct on 18 vs. 19. But, I have a spider crack caused by a pebble hitting my dirver side turn signal so I want to replace it. I found the assembling (about $75 on inline) but then your previous link (not the one here) shows a "housing" for the same area of the bumper.

That's what caused my confusion since the price difference between the two is great. I was just wondering what that "housing" for for.

I think this is what I should order and not #19 right?

Old 11-01-2009, 09:36 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Kingmeow
Correct on 18 vs. 19. But, I have a spider crack caused by a pebble hitting my dirver side turn signal so I want to replace it. I found the assembling (about $75 on inline) but then your previous link (not the one here) shows a "housing" for the same area of the bumper.

That's what caused my confusion since the price difference between the two is great. I was just wondering what that "housing" for for.

I think this is what I should order and not #19 right?

If you look under the front bumper - lower grille category you'll see a 3.5 vs 3.7 option (both listed under #18, think #19 should also have 3.5 vs 3.7 option but there isn't). You will also find similar 3.5 vs 3.7 option under the turn signals section. What I cannot find is that reflector piece around the fog lamp (?#19) for the 3.7. Either way I think you might have to take the bumper off to replace it according to buckvegas?

I might be interested to replace them w/ SHAWD's lower grille as well if you find out they are easy to do. Wonder if the dealer will do it for a reasonable fee?

Last edited by ll_22; 11-01-2009 at 09:39 AM.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Actually for the AWD, it looks like a single 6mm bolt and the entire turn signal assembly can be pushed out from the back of the bumper. The 6mm is right in your face if you look under the bumper so that's easy to get to.

I am not interested in removing or moding the fog light.

As for the connector, according to the owner's manual, you need to peel back a little the wheel well cover to replace the turn signal bulb. So if that's the case, once you removed the bulb, you can probably pushed the assembly out once the 6mm bolt is removed from underneath the bumper. I don't think you need to remove the enter bumper.

Of course this is all speculation on my part. I have not tried it yet as I need to get the right part first.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:31 AM
Cruisin'

if you end up doing this, please let me know how easy it was. I am also interested in making the change.