Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Can be fixed or totaled?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2018, 02:00 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can be fixed or totaled?

2014 Acura TL v 6 tech package... was in an accident recently.... just curious if you think it can be fixed or should I be preparing myself to find another Acura?
Old 06-29-2018, 03:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Hard to tell what damage was done to the engine. Radiator is definitely shot. Any body damage past the hood and front bumper?
Old 06-29-2018, 03:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 360 Likes on 319 Posts
It can be fixed, that damage isn't too bad but since the airbag deployed I am pretty sure they will total it.
Old 06-29-2018, 03:38 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
Damage doesn't look too bad. Can it be fixed? Absolutely. A body shop can fix most anything, and that damage is well within the range of being fixable, for a shop.

are you paying yourself, or are you going through insurance? Insurance may want to total the car, but you always have the ability to buy it back from the insurance company, for pennies on the dollar, and use your insurance pay out to fix it yourself. The only issue is your car will have a salvage title, making it harder to sell in the future... but this is assuming it is deemed a write off by the insurance company.

What it comes down down to is two things: mileage and age. Your car is only four years old. We don't know how many miles are on the car, though. Based on just the age, I can't imagine the insurance company writing the car off... but again, your mileage plays a role in this also.

From what I see, you need a new hood, grill, headlight, rad support, rad, etc... it won't be a cheap repair... but I don't think it's a write off.
Old 06-29-2018, 04:00 PM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
The beak is gone. What's there to fix?
The following 3 users liked this post by AZuser:
alex2364 (06-29-2018), hadokenuh (07-02-2018), RPhilMan1 (06-29-2018)
Old 06-29-2018, 04:29 PM
Latent car nut

Received 2,005 Likes on 1,407 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBello
Damage doesn't look too bad. Can it be fixed? Absolutely. A body shop can fix most anything, and that damage is well within the range of being fixable, for a shop.

are you paying yourself, or are you going through insurance? Insurance may want to total the car, but you always have the ability to buy it back from the insurance company, for pennies on the dollar, and use your insurance pay out to fix it yourself. The only issue is your car will have a salvage title, making it harder to sell in the future... but this is assuming it is deemed a write off by the insurance company.

What it comes down down to is two things: mileage and age. Your car is only four years old. We don't know how many miles are on the car, though. Based on just the age, I can't imagine the insurance company writing the car off... but again, your mileage plays a role in this also.

From what I see, you need a new hood, grill, headlight, rad support, rad, etc... it won't be a cheap repair... but I don't think it's a write off.
Funny thing about the whole salvage title thing, not all localities here in the U.S. have such a thing. For many places, as long as a totaled/rebuilt car passes inspection, then it is titled just the same as any other car.
Old 06-30-2018, 07:16 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Originally Posted by horseshoez
Funny thing about the whole salvage title thing, not all localities here in the U.S. have such a thing. For many places, as long as a totaled/rebuilt car passes inspection, then it is titled just the same as any other car.
PA has to have one of the most painful processes to register a salvage titled car.
Old 07-01-2018, 06:34 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 136 Likes on 109 Posts
Originally Posted by NSXNEXT
PA has to have one of the most painful processes to register a salvage titled car.
The process, in Maryland, isn't terribly difficult to navigate. The after repair inspection, isn't even that thorough! The MVA here, just kind of "eyeballs" the car! In Maryland, however, the title is still branded.
Old 07-01-2018, 08:02 PM
4th Gear

I owe about 17,1 on it left .... so I’m not sure if hey total it I’ll get anything back to repair.... 😩
Old 07-01-2018, 08:03 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Dee Namezob

I owe about 17,1 on it left .... so I’m not sure if hey total it I’ll get anything back to repair.... 😩
has 70k miles on it
Old 07-01-2018, 08:04 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Jakes_tl
It can be fixed, that damage isn't too bad but since the airbag deployed I am pretty sure they will total it.
my estimate was 9000$ damage but with parts and labor came to about 12k
Old 07-01-2018, 08:24 PM
Latent car nut

Received 2,005 Likes on 1,407 Posts
Is that $9,000 estimate from a shop or is that just your guesstimate?
Old 07-01-2018, 09:48 PM
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts
Man I think I would hit their car on purpose if their license plate looked like yours.