4G TL (2009-2014)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Bluetooth connected, but not able to place calls FROM PHONE. Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 05:50 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth connected, but not able to place calls FROM PHONE. Please help!

Hey Guys,
I have a 2009 Tech TL. I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 for T-mobile. I already checked to see if my phone is compatible which it is. My Bluetooth is connected to my phone (I know this b/c my phone name shows it's connected, signal strength, etc). Also, if somebody calls me it rings through the speakers. However, if I place a call from my phone while it's connected to HFL, it will not come through the speakers?

Does anybody know why this is? In other words, I never hear the ringing when I call somebody if I call from my phone. I have to dial the number from my phone, hit the "speaker" button (on the phone), wait for somebody to answer the phone, and then hit my "bluetooth" button (on my phone) to bring it through the speakers.

Hope this isn't too confusing - I apologize if it is. Thanks for looking, and all your help.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:53 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
This is an audio, bluetooth, nav question... but when I call from my phone and not the car, I have to select the bluetooth button (bottom of phone call screen, opposite side of the speaker button, Android 4.1 "Jelly Bean"). Otherwise the call is only routed through the cell phone.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 244 Likes on 137 Posts
Step 1. Put the android in the box.
Step 2. Put the box under your tire.
Step 3. Back over the box.
Step 4. Return to store and get iPhone.
Step 5. Thank Pseudo for ridding you of that herrendously giant hunk of subpar technology.

Just like any audio source / destination on iphone or android, if you're going to change from the phone to a headset, or speakers, or your car system, you have to transfer the audio with the built in method to do so. Like Marco said, you have to have to choose bluetooth. On the iphone, the audio destination/source menu pops up on the screen with an audio device is in range and you're on a call. It take the Acura a second or two to transfer it.

If you upload your contacts list to the phone and set up dial by voice, you won't have to worry about it.

You'll also notice that if a call is connected and you turn the car off, it will continue letting you talk through the audio system until you open the door and exit the car.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:04 AM
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Very subpar since it has two more cores, a faster processor, and double the ram :wink:

Oddly enough, a few have had those same issues with the iPhone 5 in the Mercedes C-class. Maybe they expect us to buy news cars to match these new generation gadgets
Old 10-11-2012, 05:17 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 244 Likes on 137 Posts
I get to put all these things on a workbench when they send us demo units and make my software run on them. The Iphone 5's "only dual core and half the RAM" runs circles around any of the current droid offerings in both what you see, and the numbers that get output.

The interesting thing? The software company I work for, who writes for both Android and Apple? Guys that jailbreak phones in their sleep; 90% of us use the iPhone as our personal handset, primarily for the reliability.

Benz actually jumped in the sack with Apple on their new cars and are supposed to have direct integration. For the rest of is, here's what is (hopefully) coming....

http://www.mirrorlink.com/

My Uncle, former international wifi standards guru for Nokia, heads up this organization. Getting everyone to play nice (and everyone knows Apple won't) has been the challenge so far.

Any luck yet OP?
Old 10-11-2012, 08:16 AM
Drifting

Received 554 Likes on 387 Posts
Yeah, I have this same issue and as pseudo and marco stated simply selecting the bluetooth option once I've placed the call transfers it to HFL. I can also hit the menu button on the navi to get to the phone screen and select "transfer", though I believe the person I'm calling has to answer before I can do that.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:00 AM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Avgolemono
Hey Guys,
I have a 2009 Tech TL. I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 for T-mobile. I already checked to see if my phone is compatible which it is. My Bluetooth is connected to my phone (I know this b/c my phone name shows it's connected, signal strength, etc). Also, if somebody calls me it rings through the speakers. However, if I place a call from my phone while it's connected to HFL, it will not come through the speakers?

Does anybody know why this is? In other words, I never hear the ringing when I call somebody if I call from my phone. I have to dial the number from my phone, hit the "speaker" button (on the phone), wait for somebody to answer the phone, and then hit my "bluetooth" button (on my phone) to bring it through the speakers.

Hope this isn't too confusing - I apologize if it is. Thanks for looking, and all your help.
I believe you are supposed to click "Transfer" on the NAV screen on pre-2012 Tech models. on 2012 "transfer" is automatic
Old 10-11-2012, 09:31 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by Pseudomaniac
I get to put all these things on a workbench when they send us demo units and make my software run on them. The Iphone 5's "only dual core and half the RAM" runs circles around any of the current droid offerings in both what you see, and the numbers that get output.

The interesting thing? The software company I work for, who writes for both Android and Apple? Guys that jailbreak phones in their sleep; 90% of us use the iPhone as our personal handset, primarily for the reliability.

Benz actually jumped in the sack with Apple on their new cars and are supposed to have direct integration. For the rest of is, here's what is (hopefully) coming....

http://www.mirrorlink.com/

My Uncle, former international wifi standards guru for Nokia, heads up this organization. Getting everyone to play nice (and everyone knows Apple won't) has been the challenge so far.

Any luck yet OP?
IT guy chimeing in here, i-phone, Samsung, Moto, whatever...it's a phone.
OP's issue is with the connectivity not processor speed.

Real story, this is a software issue. There is probably a solution on another chat forum which is dedicated to phones, not cars. Hint; initials are AF, not AZ.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:54 AM
Pro

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by Avgolemono
Hey Guys,

This is a "WAD". "Works as Designed"