Notices

Is Acura same class with Infiniti, Lexus, Audi?

Old 12-01-2010, 02:15 PM
Registered Member

Received 602 Likes on 487 Posts
Originally Posted by MyCarIsntInMyWifesName View Post
I see more childish personal battles in this thread every time I poke my head in. Let's move on guys.
Wow, you're not exactly an angel:

Originally Posted by MyCarIsntInMyWifesName View Post
What does your brain not understand about me saying I don't want any Chrysler on those lists anyway? I don't give a shit what some people rank on their lists. I buy what I like, and it's yet to be a Chrysler anyway.

Can you comprehend that yet?

All of us are experts at practicing virtue at a distance. ~Theodore M. Hesburgh

Last edited by Mr Marco; 12-01-2010 at 02:26 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Mademoiselle Chanel!!

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Marco View Post
Wow, you're not exactly an angel:

All of us are experts at practicing virtue at a distance. ~Theodore M. Hesburgh
Touche', Nice quote my good man.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Administrator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-West)

Received 6,149 Likes on 5,054 Posts
Guys-this is the last chance....

Either this thread stays on topic or I'll close it and hand out some vacations if the personal attacks persist. I warned everyone earlier to leave the personal attacks out of this. Last chance......
Old 12-13-2010, 07:33 PM
▒JDM • KING▒

Received 141 Likes on 65 Posts
I had some good laughs reading all this. Very fired up!
Old 02-01-2019, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thatís unfortunate

Sheís missing out on of the absolute best vehicles out here. Acura is cool but itís not in the same class as Infiniti. Not to mention this bulletproof VQ engine. I have an 08 g35x and itís at 250k and running strong as ever
My wife has a Lexus RX. She's thinking of getting another SUV or a sedan. She likes the B8 A4 (for image, style, and quattro).

I suggest she also look at the G37x. IMHO better value and reliability (though the G is a bit small for me, it fits her small frame well). She won't even look, research onlinel, let alone test drive the Infiniti. In her opinion, Infiniti is not in the same class as Lexus, Audi, MB.

It goes both ways. [/QUOTE]
Old 02-01-2019, 03:11 PM
Lucky Enzo!

Received 1,218 Likes on 853 Posts
Save me thread Jesus!!!

Answer is "No, Acura is not in the same class as those other marques"

Old 02-03-2019, 12:12 PM
Registered Member

Received 736 Likes on 523 Posts
I personally wouldn't touch Nissan or Infinity simply because they're a branch of Renault. I'm not certain about Infinity but Nissan's are built so much cheaper and shoddy than their Toyota and Honda counterparts now-a-days. That wasn't always the case but it is now.

My consideration for luxury cars based on all the variables (performance, value, quality, reliability, looks, etc.) is:

1. Lexus
2. Acura
3. Hyundai (Genesis)
4. Audi
5. Cadillac
6. BMW
7. MB
8. Infinity
Old 02-03-2019, 12:29 PM
Lucky Enzo!

Originally Posted by losiglow View Post
I personally wouldn't touch Nissan or Infinity simply because they're a branch of Renault. I'm not certain about Infinity but Nissan's are built so much cheaper and shoddy than their Toyota and Honda counterparts now-a-days. That wasn't always the case but it is now.

My consideration for luxury cars based on all the variables (performance, value, quality, reliability, looks, etc.) is:

1. Lexus
2. Acura
3. Hyundai (Genesis)
4. Audi
5. Cadillac
6. BMW
7. MB
8. Infinity

How do you get that?

IMHO, it's much closer to
MB
Audi
Lexus
BMW
Genesis
Acura
Cadillac
Infinity
Old 02-03-2019, 12:39 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by kurtatx View Post

How do you get that?

IMHO, it's much closer to
MB
Audi
Lexus
BMW
Genesis
Acura
Cadillac
Infinity
Well, it's all opinion of course but to put MB at the top of the list when taking into value and reliability as part of the equation is a big steaming cup of
Old 02-03-2019, 10:03 PM
Registered Member

Received 249 Likes on 167 Posts
First of all this old thread from 2010 is just a joke. The person who started the thread in Infiiniti forum has no clue about cars and brands.
Infiniti and Acura are both good brands. Definitely it comes down to preference and brand loyalty. I think when Infiniti had two great vehicles: G and FX. Unfortunately both cars are done now and Infiniti doesn't offer anything interesting anymore. It's just another luxury or premium brand. I still put Acura above Infiniti for the following reasons:

1. Reslae Value
2. It's a Honda
3. Overall material

For overall brands:
1. MB
2. Lexus
3. BMW
4. Audi
5. Acura
6. Infiniti
7. Genesis

This is my view about the luxury/premium brands.
Old 02-04-2019, 02:41 AM
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Interesting discussion... here's my $ .02

Acura would rate higher than Infiniti in my view. There's no perfect car. For the German makes - the rule is buy it and make sure you have factory backed warranty. Infiniti have generally had issues with transmissions and electrical & apparently now - rust- it's related to their connection with Nissan. The engines are generally pretty good though. Lexus is still number one or two I think for overall quality.

For the initial cost of purchase, maintenance costs, resale value I believe Acura holds up pretty well. In my experience, if you maintain them, buy oem or top quality after-market parts, it's not unreasonable to expect 200-250k miles out of an Acura.

So, I'm an Acura guy. I've looked at Audi/BMW/MB but the maintenance costs/parts scare me away. Lexus = boring IMO, maybe when I'm 80 y/o? Infiniti = nice car with a few historical issues that concern me. Genesis = new kid on the block = wait and see. I think that covers it (unless we're talking about Porsche...)
Old 02-04-2019, 09:47 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by TLguy2013 View Post
Interesting discussion... here's my $ .02

Acura would rate higher than Infiniti in my view. There's no perfect car. For the German makes - the rule is buy it and make sure you have factory backed warranty. Infiniti have generally had issues with transmissions and electrical & apparently now - rust- it's related to their connection with Nissan. The engines are generally pretty good though. Lexus is still number one or two I think for overall quality.

For the initial cost of purchase, maintenance costs, resale value I believe Acura holds up pretty well. In my experience, if you maintain them, buy oem or top quality after-market parts, it's not unreasonable to expect 200-250k miles out of an Acura.

So, I'm an Acura guy. I've looked at Audi/BMW/MB but the maintenance costs/parts scare me away. Lexus = boring IMO, maybe when I'm 80 y/o? Infiniti = nice car with a few historical issues that concern me. Genesis = new kid on the block = wait and see. I think that covers it (unless we're talking about Porsche...)
I'm onboard with everything there except Lexus vs. Acura. Yes, I'd vote Lexus as boring when the 3G was king. Acura was more exciting then and Lexus was even more boring. However, Acura has now become more boring IMO and Lexus a bit more exciting - to the point where at the least, they're relatively equal.

Now if Acura spices the 6G TL/TLX with a bit beefier engine and a manual (wishful thinking) then I'd probably pull the trigger on that. Even if they stuck with 300hp along with a manual I'd strongly consider it. My 4G should last a good while longer so I'll have the chance to pick up a 2-3 year old used 6G in 4-5 years. Honda's treated me well so I'd like to keep going with them but if they don't come out with something more spicy, I'm jumping ship.
Old 02-04-2019, 05:46 PM
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good points all... the issue with Lexus (for me) is the massive front opening. It really spoils the look of the car IMHO.

WRT the next TLX personally I don't think we're going to see a manual. Maybe DCT? I think the displacements are only going to get smaller in the future w/turbo enhancements. The problem Acura has is it's pretty much US market focused. It's more of a US brand than Japanese. I wish Acura/Honda would look more to Europe for exterior/interior styling and to Honda Japan for engineering & drivetrain.
Old 02-04-2019, 06:05 PM
Registered Member

Received 137 Likes on 110 Posts
This forum has a bug (either by design or not) that causes users to accidentally post and resurrect very old threads. It's called "Related Thread".

Keep rolling down and you'll see what I mean.
The following users liked this post:
kurtatx (02-04-2019)
Old 02-04-2019, 06:59 PM
Lucky Enzo!

Originally Posted by hadokenuh View Post
This forum has a bug (either by design or not) that causes users to accidentally post and resurrect very old threads. It's called "Related Thread".

Keep rolling down and you'll see what I mean.
Yup, it sucks.

Luxury comes in tiers now:
Tier 1: BMW - Lexus - MB - Audi
Tier 2: Cadillac - Infiniti - Volvo - Acura - Genesis - Alfa Romeo

The thing is, there are certain marques that are tier 2 which are priced like tier 1 (infiniti and cadillac). What Acura has going for it is that price. It's a great value play even if reliability has been substandard for a few years.
Old 02-04-2019, 08:06 PM
WTF?

Received 293 Likes on 262 Posts
I separate European from Asian from American, so...

1. Benz
2. BMW
3. Audi
4. Volvo

1. Lexus
2. Infiniti
3. Acura
4. Genesis

1. Cadillac
2. Lincoln

My favorites are Audi and Acura, and least favorites are Benz, Cadillac and Lincoln...

Last edited by Midnight Mystery; 02-04-2019 at 08:08 PM. Reason: R
Old 02-04-2019, 08:07 PM
WTF?

Received 293 Likes on 262 Posts
Bentley and RR are somewhere ahead of those, I suppose...