Acura 4G Aftermarket Pedal Comparison

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 12:40 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 244 Likes on 137 Posts
Acura 4G Aftermarket Pedal Comparison

These are pedals on Ebay. $50 per set, $25 shipping. Aluminum, Acura, Engraved. Pictures Below

Maybe order manufacturer direct from Taiwan. Howell Auto Parts:

Or another ebay Vendor for $37.00 plus $20.00 shipping

Here is a picture of the:

"Exactly the same as the pics however the dead pedal is a little different size for the 09+tl" that are being offered by SuperComputers, an Acurazine Vendor.

With direct quotes from AcuraZine vendor "SuperComputers" backing them up in this thread:

"I am the original creator been part of this forum for almost 10 years they mocked those on ebay off of mine. Made with inferior materials. Look like mine but dont feel like mine or stand up to the elements like mine I can promise you that. As around to those who own mine you cant go wrong. Also ours come with Custom Engraved Acura Logos then are painted Black see the pics."

"Ebay is a cheaper imitation knock off. Not the same quality alumninum mine are made of.
Not the same rubber mine are made with.
No engraving and black paint over the engraving."

"You get what you pay for. Plus good luck paypaling your payment to CHina and waiting for them. Mine ship the day you pay and get to you 2 days later. I was brought out of retirement just to bring them back because acura members know and wanted my quality back. Ask around.

I have been on here 10 years. My reputation speaks for itself along with the 2 products I created."

----

I (aka Pseudomaniac) have owned my own business, provided services to other businesses, and been an advocate for small American business for going on 20 years. I'm telling you, as a modern businessman - there is NO way anyone is manufacturing less than 500,000 units of these things inside the United States and turning a nickel of profit without selling them at $1500 a set, let alone covering expenses. Any of these are being made off-shore, and imported. Anyone who tells you different is lying.

Maybe you've seen some other sets of pedals that you like? I wouldn't mind having a NICE set of aluminum pedals in my 09 TL, I'm probably going to order the pedals from the forthcoming TSX Special Edition, as they are OEM grade, and should match up nicely; even if it means changing out the TL dead pedal for a TSX one so there's a clean and perfect fitment and stock appeal.

Old 09-22-2011, 01:16 PM
Safety Car

Received 296 Likes on 176 Posts
To be honest here is the problem here:
Someone would just buy one set which is made in the US and have it sent to China and mass produce for cheaper labor cost. I know for a fact I've seen those pedals when I was in China. EXACTLY the same and cost about $5 USD to made.

I'm just suprise that my CSL spoiler and Front Lip kit are still made in the US and hasn't fallen to someone's hand in China.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:55 PM

Received 1,021 Likes on 793 Posts
you forgot to add this website..

Last edited by potmilkz; 09-22-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:12 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
What is the point of this? You want people to buy from eBay and not a well respected vendor here because you can get "supposedly" the same thing on ebay for less, therefore the vendor here is ripping us off, according to you?

Dude, you really need to let it go.. this kind of thing will make you old before your time.
The following 2 users liked this post by Stew4HD:
omaralt (09-22-2011), OnefastTL448 (09-22-2011)
Old 09-22-2011, 03:34 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Pseudo, what are you trying to prove here? In the other thread, you stated that Supercomputers is a middle man. Then you said you can find the same thing on EBAY for 1/2 the price. Well, according to your post here, these pedals are $75 (shipping included). Supercomputers price is $99.99, so these EBAY pedals are not 1/2 the price.

Any Acurazine member can purchase items anywhere they want. Sure, you can find items on EBAY or from one of our vendors....it's your prerogative.

You've made your point, although you didn't back up your statement about pricing.

Last edited by Steven Bell; 09-22-2011 at 04:17 PM.
The following users liked this post:
OnefastTL448 (09-22-2011)
Old 09-22-2011, 04:19 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Hence the posters are still wrong 100% and here is why.

I have the original drawings when we mocked these pedals we did it as a group back in 2004 and you will find the pics of the scetches and some of the original members involved from the original drawings. We fitted them and test fitted them took us a year to get the tooling right. Astro all the old timers were aware of the project ask any of them they gave me advice the whole way. We origianly had a price tag on them of 175.00 a set then went down to 150.00 at that time they were being made at a factory in Germany when the originals were done. Nobody ever said these were made in the USA. Our plant in Germany shut down and we moved the production to Tawain in 2007. Once it was seen that the product did well everybody leached out espically since now we had them made in Tawian and copied them making them cheaper and cheaper with out my permition. Using different materails grades of Aluminimum and rubber the product quality by these others was fully comprimsed. Hence my comment good luck getting any of the look alikes to stand up to 7 NY winters with Salt and weather. The Original set is still on a members car and are holding up good to this day. Only reason I stopped selling them was due to so many cheap imitations people were associating the junk with mine! Only reason they were brough back was due to guys PMing me after 3 years wanting them. I could care less where you guys buy your pedals just know the pictures posted of others are fakes or copies of mine the original ones. I do this for fun to make a little money for my time and to keep a forum I have been a part of for almost 10 years happy and I enjoy it. If you want to send your payment to china for knock offs go ahead to save a few bucks, also if you need a map Tawain and China are not the same country. I pay my vendor fee and am well respected here all those others are not. They also dont donate to Childs Play the Acurazine charity or any other acurazine event like I do even when I am not a vendor You get what you pay for.

Also these are not a long term deal either we are almost done with our batch that was run in May and again that will be it. Vendor status will be gone until one of our Acurazine friends convinces me to come to the table with something new!

Thanks for all the long time followers your support is much appreciated
The following users liked this post:
jtbme (01-22-2015)