4G Owners. Would you ever buy a 5G TLX or wait for 6G ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 11:42 PM
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 89 Posts
If I somehow no longer have my 4G (such as if I totaled my car), then I would consider the TLX, along with the Honda Accord Sport or the RDX. Not so much because I like the TLX, but I do feel like I owe it to myself to consider what Honda has to offer me.

However, do I feel any special compulsion to impulsively "upgrade" from my 4G SH-AWD to a TLX? Absolutely not, sorry guys. I'm as tempted by the TLX (V6 SH-AWD) as I am the Accord Sport.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:24 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
This thread is in need of perspective so, here goes:

I had a 3G and moved up to a 4G, moved from that to a GS350, dumped that ASAP and am now I happily back in an Acura TLX. The V6 TLX is an upgrade to the 4G in every way except the lack of an MT. Since that only affects a minutes % of TL's ever built, then over all, the V6 TLX is a step up. It is minutely smaller than the 4G.. though I am sure some here will say that they can really tell the difference

Comparison of the TLX / TL
Wheelbase: 109.3 in / 109 "
Length: 190.3 in / 194" (2 inches less overhang front/rear)
Height: 57.0 in / 57.2"
Width: 73.0 in / 74.0 "

And there you have it from a former 4G owner that did upgrade.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:55 AM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by saturno_v
There is, at least in my experience, a good amount of circumstantial evidence that many 4G owners (especially SH-AWD) are shunning the TLX...the biggest confirm I had was talking with a very senior Acura salesman (17 years on the job, Acura Council of Sales Excellence Gold), an extremely nice guy and very knowledgeable, I would have absolutely loved to buy a car from him.

We chatted for almost one hour when I decided to test drive for fun a TLX SH-AWD few weeks ago (I test drove a FWD V6 when the TLX came out last year) ...he openly admitted, did not sugarcoat it at all..the TLX is a very tough sale to 4G owners but not to TSX owners...himself owned a 4G and switched to a RLX.
He even sent a thank you card at home and a Starbucks gift card....excellent premium car salesmanship at its finest.
17 years selling Acura .. his livelihood, hard to argue.

Can't see going down to 225 tires and 7.5" rims. That is 2 gen TL stuff.
Old 03-06-2015, 02:12 PM
Banned

Received 198 Likes on 147 Posts
Originally Posted by Stew4HD
This thread is in need of perspective so, here goes:

I had a 3G and moved up to a 4G, moved from that to a GS350, dumped that ASAP and am now I happily back in an Acura TLX.
Talking about perspective....I'm not trying to be smart...s but I'm sincerely asking you what was wrong with the GS350?? The only thing I can imagine was that it was out of your budget because I cannot conceive someone being unhappy with a GS350 and consider the TLX an "upgrade"...it's like saying I was unhappy with a BMNW 4 Series and I "upgraded" to an Accord Coupe....

There is nothing wrong to be happy with what you can afford but, as you said yourself, you need to put things in perspective...and "the perspective" so far is that you are one of the few that thinks the TLX is an "upgrade" compared to the 4G TL as the almost empty "4th Gen Owners that upgraded." thread in the TLX section of the forum demonstrates.

Last edited by saturno_v; 03-06-2015 at 02:25 PM.
Old 03-06-2015, 02:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
^ that's pretty bold of you to assume he couldn't afford it therefore he had to dump it.

If you read his comment, he said his TLX was an upgrade to his previous 4G not the GS.

Last edited by ggesq; 03-06-2015 at 02:25 PM.
Old 03-06-2015, 02:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ggesq
^ that's pretty bold of you to assume he couldn't afford it therefore he had to dump it.

If you read his comment, he said his TLX was an upgrade to his previous 4G not the GS.
He dumped the GS ASAP (his words) to get into a TLX so did I reach my conclusions that he considers the TLX being better......I did not assume he could not afford it, I'm just asking......financial reasons is the only motivation I can imagine for him to dump the GS because you can find other nice rides in that segment...there are very fine automobiles in that price range that leaves the TLX in the dust under any category, luxury, performance, etc...

Last edited by saturno_v; 03-06-2015 at 02:33 PM.
Old 03-06-2015, 02:34 PM
Senior Moderator

ya ok whatever.

Your comment was in poor taste. Plain and simple to me.
Old 03-06-2015, 02:35 PM
Banned

ya ok whatever.
I'm just trying to use logic reasoning my friend...do not shoot the messenger
Old 03-06-2015, 02:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by saturno_v
I'm just trying to use logic reasoning my friend...do not shoot the messenger
Ya, except your logic is flawed.
Old 03-06-2015, 02:39 PM
Banned

Your comment was in poor taste. Plain and simple to me.

Why?? I excused myself in advance and there is nothing about not being able to afford certain things we want.....I would LOVE to own an Aston Martin but I cannot afford one.......but I would never tell you an Infiniti Q60 coupe, for example, is as good....it's called intellectual honesty.
Old 03-06-2015, 02:42 PM
Senior Moderator

For the second time, he didn't compare a TLX to a GS 350. He compared it to his previous 4G SHAWD.

So you "excused" yourself and made a pretentious assumption. Got it.

Last edited by ggesq; 03-06-2015 at 02:44 PM.
Old 03-06-2015, 06:47 PM
Banned

For the second time, he didn't compare a TLX to a GS 350. He compared it to his previous 4G SHAWD.
For the third time yes he did say it is an upgrade compared to the 4G and he said he wanted to get out of the GS 350 ASAP, again his words not mine...meaning he prefers the TLX in my book but I may be wrong....
Old 03-06-2015, 07:09 PM
Drifting

Received 242 Likes on 165 Posts
I read it the same way as Saturno..."dumping one car ASAP" to "happily" get back into a TLX obviously says he has a preference of the TLX over the GS350.
Everyone has their own preferences I guess.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:25 PM
Racer

Sorry, I too agree with Saturno. Bottom line here is that the owner of their respective cars will always defend that car as the best choice, if out of nothing but personal insecurity and the need to justify that he didn't just blow $40k on a choice others don't approve of.

For myself, I happily admit that my satisfaction with the 4G SH-AWD stems from the fact that it is a SH-AWD Accord, which is all I was expecting out of the car in the first place. If I didn't want an Accord, I wouldn't have bought any Acura, period.

If I had a GS350 (especially an F-sport), I wouldn't even consider an Acura. I wouldn't even consider a RLX over the GS, much less any TL/TLX.

The TLX is to the new Accord as the 4G is to the previous generation Accord. Of course the TLX is improved, but only in ways a Honda aficionado can be excited about. The 4G SH-AWD is no doubt more of a sport-sedan than the TLX, while the TLX is more of a econo-luxo Lexus ES350.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:29 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by hddnav
Bottom line here is that the owner of their respective cars will always defend that car as the best choice, if out of nothing but personal insecurity and the need to justify that he didn't just blow $40k on a choice others don't approve of.
This happens in many of the model specific forums.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:50 AM
Drifting

This happens in many of the model specific forums.
Yep, that's probably true. Especially when its models like the 4G and the 5G where there's a lot of people divided on both models for various reasons.
In recent TL history, there's only been 3 times I recall where everyone loved the car from the start.

*When the 3G first came out, there wasn't a lot of defensiveness or guys wanting a 2G instead. Everyone LOVED the 3G TL from the start.

*Then later on when the Type S came out, everyone unanimously LOVED the Type S.

And finally, when the TLX prototype came out, everyone LOVED that, no real detractors that I recall. (I know I liked it a lot). Everything else has been a mixed back of love/hate or meh.

Old 03-07-2015, 11:06 AM
Senior Moderator

You think Silver? I dunno. The 3G guys are anti everything lol. I remember when the S came out for the 3G, there was criticism about the "waffle wheels" "quadruple exhaust tips" and "ricey red interior" coloring.

Just the nature of online forums IMHO.

Last edited by ggesq; 03-07-2015 at 11:10 AM.
Old 03-07-2015, 01:51 PM
Drifting

You think Silver? I dunno. The 3G guys are anti everything lol. I remember when the S came out for the 3G, there was criticism about the "waffle wheels" "quadruple exhaust tips" and "ricey red interior" coloring.

Just the nature of online forums IMHO.
I do remember some of those criticisms, I may have even had them myself at times, but I think at this point the Type S is pretty universally accepted as one of the greatest TL's if not the greatest. I loved mine too, but at some point and time you just want to move on to something newer and a little less dated looking.
Old 03-07-2015, 04:05 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
Silverj....Thanks for reminding me of how much I lusted over the TLX prototype....damn that thing was so hot!! Why Acura couldn't launch a car with a kit that looks similar (from the factory), wheels that are similar is beyond me.
Old 03-07-2015, 10:25 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I personally like the way the 4g looks over the TLX to me the TLX lost all of the aggressiveness and went back to being normal. Yeah the headlights are cool but that doesn't even set it apart because everyone has them now. Hopefully the next generation of the TLX will be something more aggressive like the 4g was when it first came out, if not my 4g still makes me happy!
The following users liked this post:
MisterZDX (03-07-2015)
Old 03-07-2015, 10:33 PM
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by MTB_TL SH-AWD
I personally like the way the 4g looks over the TLX to me the TLX lost all of the aggressiveness and went back to being normal. Yeah the headlights are cool but that doesn't even set it apart because everyone has them now. Hopefully the next generation of the TLX will be something more aggressive like the 4g was when it first came out, if not my 4g still makes me happy!
People can hate on the 4G all they want too, but it still stands out on the roads today. The TLX kind of looks like every other sedan on the road, especially from the back.
Old 03-09-2015, 12:00 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm perfectly happy with my 4G TL. I might consider the TLX in the future depending on my family needs but I would first want them to make sure that stickless button only automatic shift is smoothed out (wasn't there some rumblings about Park not working, etc?) and improve the fuel economy. I do like the look (especially better stock rims) albeit it does look a bit like a Lexus out there.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:26 PM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I never thought I would comment here or because until yesterday I had a huge crush on TLX and wanting to dump my 4G TL.

I drove the car yesterday, It felt great, drive nice, the interior is kinda an upgrade, the space was nicely redone, so more reuseable space than my 4G TL, The transmission is awesome, from park to drive, to reverse or whatever, its so smooth I dont even know what gear it is in.

Problem- TLX doesn't actually felt as planted as my 4G, I have a FWD with michelin snows, and I felt like the king of the road. I was driving TLX with Tech pkg V6, it didn't feel as planted (I could be bias), the car is narrower than my 4G TL (GF and I are both a little bigger than normal, but not that big). this is more personal, the driving position is not as comfortable as 4G TL, my left arm is up by the door panel, it kinda kept slipping down, and without a shifter, I have no clue with to do with my right hand... (I am pretty sure I can get used to it, but driving my DD civic 5spd is gonna be so weird).

Overall, driving position is very important to me, I do a long trips to a lot of places, everywhere in Ontario, Canada. I will skip on the TLX.

Last edited by ej6sliver; 03-10-2015 at 10:32 PM.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:19 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ej6sliver
I never thought I would comment here or because until yesterday I had a huge crush on TLX and wanting to dump my 4G TL.

I drove the car yesterday, It felt great, drive nice, the interior is kinda an upgrade, the space was nicely redone, so more reuseable space than my 4G TL, The transmission is awesome, from park to drive, to reverse or whatever, its so smooth I dont even know what gear it is in.

Problem- TLX doesn't actually felt as planted as my 4G, I have a FWD with michelin snows, and I felt like the king of the road. I was driving TLX with Tech pkg V6, it didn't feel as planted (I could be bias), the car is narrower than my 4G TL (GF and I are both a little bigger than normal, but not that big). this is more personal, the driving position is not as comfortable as 4G TL, my left arm is up by the door panel, it kinda kept slipping down, and without a shifter, I have no clue with to do with my right hand... (I am pretty sure I can get used to it, but driving my DD civic 5spd is gonna be so weird).

Overall, driving position is very important to me, I do a long trips to a lot of places, everywhere in Ontario, Canada. I will skip on the TLX.
I know what you mean about the hand thing. The main things that bothered me about the TLX was the lack of a shifter in the center, the lack of a handle/bar to pull the door closed, the thinner steering wheel and the flatter un-bolstered seat. These are all things that I loved in the 3G and now the 4G. Its part of what has kept me in a TL for so long. These little things IMO contribute to the overall driving experience. When people say how smooth and quiet the TLX is I don't consider that a bonus. I WANT to hear the engine a bit, I WANT the suspension to be stiffer. Less road noise is nice, but not the more muffled engine and softer suspension. I know some prefer the cushier Lexus feel, I get that, but that's what I have an MDX for.
The following users liked this post:
ej6sliver (03-11-2015)
Old 03-11-2015, 08:08 AM
Banned

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I love acura and i like the TLX but its it not 6MT its not for me and i will not go from 305hp 3.7L to a 290hp 3.5L just wont do it
Old 03-11-2015, 10:03 AM
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by 4GTLSH-AWD
I love acura and i like the TLX but its it not 6MT its not for me and i will not go from 305hp 3.7L to a 290hp 3.5L just wont do it
agreed. my biggest issue. i have not yet found a replacement (when the time comes). Requirements:
4 doors
manual transmission
AWD
300+ HP

very limited options out there none I'd be happy with as of now.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:57 AM
Drifting

Received 554 Likes on 387 Posts
Originally Posted by Stew4HD
Comparison of the TLX / TL
Wheelbase: 109.3 in / 109 "
Length: 190.3 in / 194" (2 inches less overhang front/rear)
Height: 57.0 in / 57.2"
Width: 73.0 in / 74.0 "
IMO the interior measurements are more important than the exterior, and they are pretty much in line with the exception that the TL has 36.2" of rear leg room while the TLX has 34.5". Nearly 2" less in the TLX means the driver will be moving his/her seat forward more often when there is an above average height passenger sitting behind them.

Considering just about every one of my friends is over 6' tall, and I am as well...I love the fact that I never have to adjust my seat.
Old 03-11-2015, 11:00 AM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RCJD
I agree with SilverJ.
The current TLX felt like a new version of TSX than TL. Not much of an upgrade except for the tech and safety.

For me, its going to be very hard to let go of TL SH-AWD Adv. (with 3.7L engine and 19" OEM rims) and replace it with the "current" TLX. Im not fully sold especially with the tranny jerky issue.

Still waiting and wishing for TLX-S though!
I'm still looking a worthy replacement for my 4G TL SH-AWD Tech with 19" HPTs as well. Won't go German (I like having disposable income), the IS F (pre owned) and IS 350 are too small for my family (wife and 2 teenagers), the GS350 F-Sport drives well but does nothing for me; the new CTS (2014 -15) is intriguing but not convinced concerning reliability. My 2009 has 88K miles and I've had absolutely no issues....my search continues...until then my 4G fits the bill....

Last edited by shaymasdaddy; 03-11-2015 at 11:05 AM.
Old 03-11-2015, 11:16 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 190 Likes on 119 Posts
Its been said soo many times but bears repeating, you're not going to find a better car than the 4G at its price. It was designed to be a *driver's car* not just a daily cruiser from point A to B.

Acura's made their intentions clear with the TLX - comfort over performance. Its probably a wise move by the management. While Lexus has the IS F/GS F/etc those sales are probably at a minimum with most buyers opting for the cheaper trims. I don't live far from Chicago's burbs, you see more Audi A4 and BMW 328's than any of the more powerful offerings.

I haven't kept up with sales figures but I would imagine the 4 banger TLX is the sales champion.

I live just over 1 mile from work so I've never care about MPG, give me fun and handling any day
Old 03-11-2015, 01:15 PM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I drove a TLX for a week as a loaner when my car was being serviced by Acura of Bellevue. Love the TLX! Its an incredible car with nice new toys but would never buy one - even though I am a die hard Acura fan. My next vehicle will be a REAL sports car or a Tesla
Old 03-11-2015, 03:12 PM
2010 TL AWD 6MT: New King

Received 165 Likes on 104 Posts
Current 4G TL owner here. As of today the TLX doesn't interest me due to:
1) Bland exterior styling
2) Lower hp than my 4G
3) Interior reminds me of a Buick
4) No 6MT
5) 8AT is not dual clutch

I can see the TLX as an upgrade for TSX owners, but not for those who own the 4G TL.

At this stage of my life I a car with more style, hp, sporty pretensions, and excitement. Aside from the TLX's Jewel headlights, nothing what I want is present on the current TLX, and as such I will likely move away from Acura.

My next car will very likely be a CPO 911.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 133 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by hddnav
...For myself, I happily admit that my satisfaction with the 4G SH-AWD stems from the fact that it is a SH-AWD Accord, which is all I was expecting out of the car in the first place. If I didn't want an Accord, I wouldn't have bought any Acura, period...
I hate being the guy to take us even further off-topic, but it just so happens I had an Accord as a loaner today, as my wife's Pilot was in the shop. The 4G is not a "SH-AWD Accord"; being built on the same frame does not make it the same car. There are arguably more differences between the Accord and the TL than there are similarities. Didn't even feel like the same car.

The Lincoln MKX is built on the same platform as the Ford Fusion...does that make it the same car?
Old 03-11-2015, 06:54 PM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverJ
I know what you mean about the hand thing. The main things that bothered me about the TLX was the lack of a shifter in the center, the lack of a handle/bar to pull the door closed, the thinner steering wheel and the flatter un-bolstered seat. These are all things that I loved in the 3G and now the 4G. Its part of what has kept me in a TL for so long. These little things IMO contribute to the overall driving experience. When people say how smooth and quiet the TLX is I don't consider that a bonus. I WANT to hear the engine a bit, I WANT the suspension to be stiffer. Less road noise is nice, but not the more muffled engine and softer suspension. I know some prefer the cushier Lexus feel, I get that, but that's what I have an MDX for.

Yes even the steering wheel felt a little smaller too.
I am usually a person who falls in love with a newer car.
Someone has said this is definitely an upgrade from TSX
but downgrade from TL.
Road noise is about the same.
The car is quieter, but I put Jpipe and muffler one anyways lmao doesn't matter.

Lexus is too soft, like a Lincolin... ewww
Old 03-11-2015, 10:45 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by sockpuppet
I hate being the guy to take us even further off-topic, but it just so happens I had an Accord as a loaner today, as my wife's Pilot was in the shop. The 4G is not a "SH-AWD Accord"; being built on the same frame does not make it the same car. There are arguably more differences between the Accord and the TL than there are similarities. Didn't even feel like the same car.

The Lincoln MKX is built on the same platform as the Ford Fusion...does that make it the same car?
Let's see, we humans share about 99% of our DNA with a chimp. So, does that actually make us chimps, and are us humans really just another species of chimpanzee but are unwilling to admit it?

The TL (the human), as much as I love mine, is really a spruced up Accord (the chimp). I bet that even the dashboards are interchangeable, from the way they look. Take the Accord, change the lights, add 5% horsepower by tuning the engine for premium unleaded, thicken the sway bars and stiffen the handling, change all the interior trim pieces, and you have a TL!

They share drive wheels, engines, transmissions, and body structure (except that the TL has a stiffer unibody frame due to the lack of folding rear seats).

There's no shame in being an Accord .
Old 03-12-2015, 02:24 AM
Pro

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
6MT since July 2013.... Been trying to teach the wife to drive it for the longest lol. But I do plan to drive this UNTIL the wheels fall of. And the TLX looks good but I do see it as a downgrade can't lie. GS and the Diesel BMW been on the radar. But if I can get the All white RLX SH-AWD without the hybrid I'm All in.
Old 03-13-2015, 11:46 AM
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
I dropped my 12' AWD off at the dealer today to get the OEM remote start installed and they loaned me a TLX tech.

I honestly hate it very much. They gave me the 4-cyl so I don't know what to expect from the 6, but the interior is a step down from the 4G in my opinion. Didn't like the new touchscreen interface or the new gear selector. The seats are not as comfortable as the 4G either, and they seem to made from lower quality faux leather. The sound system is not as great, even though its an ELS sound system...

There are some good things to say, however. The exterior styling and the safety features in the Tech package are great. The lane departure warning works good, and there is also a warning to hit the brakes if you tailgate someone (intentionally or not). Also has the blind spot monitors from the 12-14 TLs.

Not sure if the TLX is an upgrade from the TSX, but in my opinion, it is a downgrade from the TL. If anyone were to buy a 4 cylinder TLX, I would say you get more value out a Honda Accord.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:33 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'll keep my 2012 TL w/tech

I came to Acura in 2005 in a sort of back way after about 16 years w/BMWs. Since '02, my family and I have owned 10 different models. Since then we've had RLs, RSXs, TSXs, TLs, and now an RDX. My wife actually started in 2002 with a Type-S and I came in 3 years later with an '05 RL after I had enough of the local BMW dealer. I suffered through all the tech design flaws in the initial '05 RL with their bluetooth, locking doors, navi problems, etc., until they got it right. Then I went to one more RL until the 2012 TL came along...and loved it! Lighter than the RL, more maneuverable,and much more responsive and "sporty" (and quick off a dead stop).

I tested the 15 TLX and found it lacking vs. my 4G TL. Mostly "feel" and cosmetic. I didn't like the lack of a center shifter, lack of dual exhaust pipes, inability to use the navi system unless stopped (I know this is an industry-wide design, not just Acura, but I don't want to stop on the highway just so my wife/passenger can do a search on the navi for some purpose or other interest), found the controls clumsy, and even the price for a 1:1 comparison to be higher with the TLX. Now, had I jumped from one of my wife's TSXs to the TLX, I would have been pleased. But, I feel it as if the TLX is a "come down" from my 4G.

I was starting to get itchy for a change in models, as I do every 3 to 4 years, and had already started to consider other brands as well, especially since the new GM at my dealership tried to talk me into an ILX (!!) after he found out I did not want a TLX.

So, as it is, I decided to keep my 4G for a few more years and see what happens with a future 5G.

Old 03-15-2015, 09:02 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by PRNole47
I came to Acura in 2005 in a sort of back way after about 16 years w/BMWs. Since '02, my family and I have owned 10 different models. Since then we've had RLs, RSXs, TSXs, TLs, and now an RDX. My wife actually started in 2002 with a Type-S and I came in 3 years later with an '05 RL after I had enough of the local BMW dealer. I suffered through all the tech design flaws in the initial '05 RL with their bluetooth, locking doors, navi problems, etc., until they got it right. Then I went to one more RL until the 2012 TL came along...and loved it! Lighter than the RL, more maneuverable,and much more responsive and "sporty" (and quick off a dead stop).

I tested the 15 TLX and found it lacking vs. my 4G TL. Mostly "feel" and cosmetic. I didn't like the lack of a center shifter, lack of dual exhaust pipes, inability to use the navi system unless stopped (I know this is an industry-wide design, not just Acura, but I don't want to stop on the highway just so my wife/passenger can do a search on the navi for some purpose or other interest), found the controls clumsy, and even the price for a 1:1 comparison to be higher with the TLX. Now, had I jumped from one of my wife's TSXs to the TLX, I would have been pleased. But, I feel it as if the TLX is a "come down" from my 4G.

I was starting to get itchy for a change in models, as I do every 3 to 4 years, and had already started to consider other brands as well, especially since the new GM at my dealership tried to talk me into an ILX (!!) after he found out I did not want a TLX.

So, as it is, I decided to keep my 4G for a few more years and see what happens with a future 5G.

Ha. I like how you have your mother in law listed in your signature. lol.
I guess you assume she will never be on Acurazine eh ?

As far as your comments, I'm pretty much in agreement. I had no idea that you couldn't use the Nav system unless stopped. That's annoying. I get it for drivers but we all don't drive alone all the time.
I really hope they come out with a Type S of the TLX with a manual. That would hopefully solve a lot of things I dislike, the flat seats, the lack of shifter in the middle, the jumpy transmission. Its weird because I always thought Acura would continue the sporty driving cockpit/techy interior of the 3G and 4G into the 5G. I'm surprised/disappointed they went for more of a comforting cruiser Lexus feel. Not to mention completely removing the manual out of the car.

Of course if a Type S never comes out, maybe 4 or 5 years from now I will jump ship to an S3 or S4. Assuming I'm sick of my 4G at that point.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 123 Likes on 100 Posts
i really thought i'd love the 5G based on the prototype... And I guess i like it the same way i like the 4G, once it gets lowered and a nicer set of wheels it is really pretty.. .But stock it looks so dull and uninspiring.
Old 03-17-2015, 02:14 PM
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by CruzanTLSH-AWD
if I can get the All white RLX SH-AWD without the hybrid I'm All in.
I am with you right here!

I can't seem to find the RLX in Bellanova White at any of my local dealerships. They are stocked with Silver and Pomegranate.