What DON'T You Like About the TSX?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 12:44 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haha, sounds like we have a multi-tasker - all props to ya.

Now, when getting in the car, of course I try to close the door as lightly and smoothly as possible. But then, the damm door never closes all the way!! Well, what can I say? I still love the car.

PS - check out my "Upgrades for future TSx.." thread and let me know what you think.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:38 AM
4th Gear

Headlights, Heater

The headlights are pretty awful, with the straight line of darkness

The heat doesn't seem to reach the floor, and I always seem to be fussing with the heater controls.

Other than that, I love my new TSX!
Old 03-04-2007, 12:33 AM
Advanced

What exactly don't you like about the HIDs? The only upgrade I ask for is that they are bi-xenon - just like the TL.

Now, here's the question:

Everyone, I know that it can't be just me. On the '04 and '05 TSX, I swear that the low beams look 'bluer' than on the '06 to current. Mine is an '06, and, when I see an '04 or '05 (I can tell by the absence of the fog lights) driving towards me, man, the light looks a lot bluer. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm thinking that the bulbs have to be the exact same. Could the presence of fog lights from '06 to present be the reason? Has Acura reduced the xenon compound because there are fog lights now? Please, someone, shed some light on this. BTW, everything I told you about is in Canada. I don't know if what I mentioned applies to the US of A.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:04 AM
10th Gear

I dislike the location and operation of the moonroof buttons on my '04 TSX. I had an '06 Civic EX and the moonroof buttons were on the ceiling. Furthermore one push and it would open or close all the way and you could go from tilt up to full open (or the reverse) with one push as well.

Compared to all the great features it's got this is a very minor complaint. This is a terrific car and I am very pleased with the styling, ride and performance.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:52 AM
Where did my garage go?

only complaints:
DBW and fat-ass A pillars.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:53 PM
Drifting

Received 267 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by 06TSXVanBC
What exactly don't you like about the HIDs? The only upgrade I ask for is that they are bi-xenon - just like the TL.

Now, here's the question:

Everyone, I know that it can't be just me. On the '04 and '05 TSX, I swear that the low beams look 'bluer' than on the '06 to current. Mine is an '06, and, when I see an '04 or '05 (I can tell by the absence of the fog lights) driving towards me, man, the light looks a lot bluer. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm thinking that the bulbs have to be the exact same. Could the presence of fog lights from '06 to present be the reason? Has Acura reduced the xenon compound because there are fog lights now? Please, someone, shed some light on this. BTW, everything I told you about is in Canada. I don't know if what I mentioned applies to the US of A.
i noticed it right away...i had an '04 and now an '06...seems to be more blue on the '04-'05's ....
Old 03-04-2007, 07:14 PM
Intermediate

anybody ith a stock ride should try the hondata reflash. i have no bot ons (yet) just the reflash and it gave the motor that little umph it needed. i have a six speed though.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:28 PM
Not an Ashtray

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by lfw57
The headlights are pretty awful, with the straight line of darkness

The heat doesn't seem to reach the floor, and I always seem to be fussing with the heater controls.

Other than that, I love my new TSX!
I HATE the headlights - the sharp cutoff is annoying as heck.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:37 PM
rb1
Suzuka Master

The MID setup in the 06/07 models is silly.

(1) It doesn't come on by default like it should, so people who want to see it have to hit the info button every single time they drive the car (or result to other tricks to make it come on)

(2) For people who don't want to see it, it's off when you start the car (see #1 ), but then it "mysteriously" turns on after a phone call, seat belt undone, door opened, etc, so they make us push the info button to turn it back off.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
I hate that theres no one-touch up/down for all the windows.

And no auto-headlights?

Im spoiled
Old 03-05-2007, 07:15 PM
TSX Navi AT 2007

My "don't likes" for the 2007 Navi AT5 model ...

- Pricey
- A little gas thirsty for its size and performance
- Mandatory octane 91 & up
- Brake dust settles up quickly on front rims
- No Xenon low beams
- Battery should be a little stronger
- Slow wiper action in mist mode
- The Navi annoying nag screen, very hard to bypass
- No option to switch male/female voice (Canadian models)
- No sunvisor extention panel
- Voice recognition misinterprets some commands too often
- A Microwave beep to confirm alarm armed, the horn should be made available
- Still no XM radio in 2007 ! (in Canadian models)
- No MP3 cd player
- Aux plug a little hard to reach with cap design
- No option to switch metric / english units
- Valet trunk lock should be incorporate the electrical switch for outside trunk button instead of glove compartiment.
- No remote built in the key, keep it simple
- No hard buttons for fan control like TL
- New TPMS valves are expensive to buy for a new set of winter rims

I love my new car, I had high expectations after trading my '03 Accord V6 AT5
I don't regret this transaction.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:21 PM
TSX Navi AT 2007

Originally Posted by Crazy Sellout
I hate that theres no one-touch up/down for all the windows.

And no auto-headlights?
Use your key on driver's door to open AND close all windows.
Just leave your lights on, they'll shut off when leaving your car.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:55 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by playdoh
I agree with a lot of what you guys have said so far:

1. Button placement could be better (moonroof especially).
2. Side mirror DEF button should turn off automatically.
3. Windows fog easily.
4. Windows freeze and get stuck easily.
5. Can't open truck with keyfob from inside car.
6. Can't lock doors with keyfob if door is open.
7. Tires should be better.
8. Speakers are weak.
9. Faster wiper speed would be nice.

Overall I love the car.
moonroof switch is same as from 80's Honda. Same with wiper controls, all Hondas are the same its so that once you drive one all the rest seem familiar. There is nothing worse than trying to work the wipers in an unfamiliar car in a rainstorm
Old 03-06-2007, 12:32 AM
Advanced

no xenon lows???? doesn't every tsx ever made (including '07) come stock with xenon hid lows? TL has bi-xenon, though

i like the "microwave" beep, but it should be louder - the horn sound is too old school (you usually here the horn sound on a compact or minivan
Old 03-06-2007, 07:40 AM
TSX Navi AT 2007

I meant no Xenon high beams, my bad.
I know some of you don't like the "sharp cut-off" of the HID low beams, but I actually do.
I agree with you on the microwave beep, I can barely hear it from a short distance when you start looking for your car in a noisy environment, pressing the panic button is not a solution.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:59 AM
Registered Car Nut

I LOVE the sharp cut-off of the HIDs. We had a pretty good snow storm here on Friday, and driving in the snow was made a lot easier by the cut-offs. On other cars, you get blinded by the reflection of the lights on the snowflakes, whereas the TSX was great to drive.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:57 PM
Advanced

Pardon my ignorance guys. But what exactly do yall mean by 'sharp cut-off' lows?

Is the new TSX slated for '08 or '09? I heard it'll have RDX's AWD and turbo...
Old 03-20-2007, 06:01 PM
3rd Gear

The '08 TSX is going to come in coupe(no RSX/Integra), conv., and sedan to compete with the 3 Series directly. At least that is what the dealership is saying
Old 03-20-2007, 08:04 PM
Instructor

AWD and a turbo would be sick in the tsx... as would a coupe version (similar to the new accord coupe concept?) power is something i am unhappy with on the tsx. i recently installed cold air intake which made it sound a lot better with some mild torque and hp gains... but when youre spending 30k for a car youd expect a little more from the engine (less to fix with aftermarket parts)
Old 03-21-2007, 09:31 AM
6th Gear

I think my 2007 TSX is awesome, but this is what I don't like about it:

--Memory feature does not remember rear and side mirror positions
--The startup navigation message
--When the a/c is turned on, the default is a medium fan speed, would prefer a slower speed on startup
--Lights don't come on automatically at night
--No option for car doors to automatically lock once inside car
--No rear camera views when in reverse
--6 CD-changer only plays random songs on a single CD, cannot shuffle between all CDs
--Should be better gas mileage for a car this size

I would still pick a TSX again though. This is a fun car.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:40 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by jm_tsx
--When the a/c is turned on, the default is a medium fan speed, would prefer a slower speed on startup
Doesn't it just go back to the last setting it was on before it was last turned off?

--No option for car doors to automatically lock once inside car
I thought 06+'s could program that to happen?
Old 03-21-2007, 09:47 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by dom
I thought 06+'s could program that to happen?
Nope, still no auto-locking, which I prefer, personally.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:20 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

That depends on what the difference is between the in-cabin temperature and your temperature settings. If the cabin temp is really close, then the fan speed is low. If it's a greater difference, then the fan will run faster.

--6 CD-changer only plays random songs on a single CD, cannot shuffle between all CDs
We have a slow (normal) changer. Shuffling between discs would introduce massive pauses between songs!
Old 03-21-2007, 08:30 PM
TSX Navi AT 2007

Originally Posted by 06TSXVanBC
Pardon my ignorance guys. But what exactly do yall mean by 'sharp cut-off' lows?
Old 03-21-2007, 08:37 PM
TSX Navi AT 2007

^^^^^
This is the 4100K OEM HID retrofit with sharp, clean cut-off as well as sharp defined beam pattern.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:04 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm coming from an 06 Civic Si (totaled) and so far (five days) I love my 04 TSX, but there are a few (albeit small) things I wish I could take from the Si to the Acura.

-In addition to the interior lights by the rear view mirror, a dome light in the traditional location

-relocate the moonroof button to be near the interior lights and make it one-touch

-i wish the steering wheel was a tad thicker

-no stock subwoofer, cd mp3 player, aux input

-no digital speedometer (although i know a lot of people aren't a fan of it)

-I wish the TSX's power was more in line with its size (In the Si I rarely used 1st gear in normal city driving)

-No all-in-one remote/key

Overall I love the TSX and I'm very happy with my decision/upgrade.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:41 PM
Cruisin'

I'm new here and this is my first Asian car. I had a '03 Mini Cooper,'04 Saturn Vue (with Honda engine), and now the '07 TSX (nav). I was very surprised that the TSX does not have auto-lock doors when gear is engaged or auto-lights at night. These are standard on nearly every car made today.

Besides those items, I wish the moonroof was one touch and the switch located near the moonroof. It's in a strange location. Also, I wish I could see the RDS information on standard FM stations. Perhaps there is a way to see it, I just don't know how.

Finally, I wish the NAV system would tap into the XM traffic rating system like in the TL. That was not a hard thing to add. I understand they want to keep some things for their pricier cars, but that one should have been included.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:34 AM
Pavel_MD

I just got an used '04 TSX and I must say I'm quite impressed about this car. Well, all the above complains are true, but you can't get an ideal car. The one thing that is really wondering me now is the high mileage... What mileage do you have in the city? Mine is 16.22 MPG ... and this is disappointing me very much, albeit the power of the car is above my any expectations.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:11 AM
Pro

Probably my biggest peeve about the car ISN'T even about the actual car...

It bugs me that the TSX just gets no respect here in the US.

I just saw a TV ad from a local Acura dealership. The opening scene was four tiled windows of four Acuras. As usual, none of them was a TSX. In fact, two of those windows were the same TL shown from different angles, so go figure!
Old 03-29-2007, 05:44 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DLTSX6MT
Probably my biggest peeve about the car ISN'T even about the actual car...

It bugs me that the TSX just gets no respect here in the US.

I just saw a TV ad from a local Acura dealership. The opening scene was four tiled windows of four Acuras. As usual, none of them was a TSX. In fact, two of those windows were the same TL shown from different angles, so go figure!
I actually like that the TSX is kind of under the radar. It makes it a little unique compared to cars which get more marketing support and have big time sales volumes (G35 for example).

I always figured that the TSX was a quick and easy way to fill a gap in the Acura lineup (by upgrading / rebagding a euro accord). Since Honda didn't sink too much money into developing the TSX they don't need to push the sales volume, the way Infiniti and Lexus push the G and IS classes.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:12 AM
Pavel_MD

Originally Posted by Pavel_MD
I just got an used '04 TSX and I must say I'm quite impressed about this car. Well, all the above complains are true, but you can't get an ideal car. The one thing that is really wondering me now is the high mileage... What mileage do you have in the city? Mine is 16.22 MPG ... and this is disappointing me very much, albeit the power of the car is above my any expectations.
I forgot to mention that it's automatic
Old 03-30-2007, 10:22 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Pavel_MD
16.22 is way too low. I get about 22 driving around New York City and I don't drive like grandma either.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:06 PM
Advanced

Bought a new '04 two and a half years ago and (at only 18.000 mi) enjoy the car more all the time; That being said:

1) The universally acknowledged bone-headed location of the lock thingys on the interior front doors.
2) There is no feet heat-I don't care how many dif ways you set it.
3) OEM tires are way too bumpy and noisy.
4) A quibble really, but the separate fob should be incorporated into the key itself.

Other than those, the car is a marvel of style and engineering.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:32 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by ninjamyst
Who needs rear parking sensors? I get the point of backup camera and rear parking sensors for SUVs and Mini-vans but not for a small sedan. And from my experience, rear parking sensors often fail or loose its accuracy after a few years. My mom's jaguar beeps when there's nothing behind the car but fails to beep when she almost hit another car.

Well, that's a Jag for ya! I bought a red '04 in December. I wanted the '04 TL I'd found but just didn't have the budget for it. I didn't think I'd like the TSX... didn't think it'd stand up against the TL but after driving it, I was sold.

What do I hate about it? Nothing! Is it the perfect car? Hell no, but I only had to spend $20,000 for it & it had less than 27,000 miles on it. It's by far the best performance car I've ever bought and I'll go with a TL when I trade the TSX in. Try to find a low mileage Beemer for that kind of money!

Funny to hear complaints about the audio system, as it's one of the best I've owned. I hear stuff in it I didn't hear on other systems & I'm picky.

Steiner
Old 04-01-2007, 09:34 PM
6th Gear

Geez, where do I go to take off my age in my profile?
Old 12-27-2008, 03:26 PM
1st Gear

2009 Acura tsx tech...Hate this car! DONT BUY!!!

OMG...where do I begin? I bought/financed this car and after having it for two days, the trunk was soaking wet. Everything inside this new 09 Acura trunk was wet and ruined. The dealership of course wants to fix it but I worry about mold, rust, and electrical problems. They gave me a loaner 09 Acura tsx and guess what??? This trunk leaks too! It is quite obvious when they redesigned the tsx something went terribly wrong with the trunk weather stripping. Is this a sick twisted joke? Beyond this huge inconvenient problem, the back seats have absolutely no leg room for passengers. Also, I hate the lights!!! I feel like my eyes are halfway shut when I'm driving. It seems as though there is this straight black line in the middle of the road. The only time the lights are good is when the brights are on. Who would of thought to test drive this car at night? Need I say more? Do not buy this car!!! I am sooooo disappointed!!! I want my 2001 Honda Accord back. Yes it was old, but it was paid off and never had a problem!!!
Old 12-28-2008, 11:17 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by actsx78
OMG...where do I begin? I bought/financed this car and after having it for two days, the trunk was soaking wet. Everything inside this new 09 Acura trunk was wet and ruined. The dealership of course wants to fix it but I worry about mold, rust, and electrical problems. They gave me a loaner 09 Acura tsx and guess what??? This trunk leaks too! It is quite obvious when they redesigned the tsx something went terribly wrong with the trunk weather stripping. Is this a sick twisted joke? Beyond this huge inconvenient problem, the back seats have absolutely no leg room for passengers. Also, I hate the lights!!! I feel like my eyes are halfway shut when I'm driving. It seems as though there is this straight black line in the middle of the road. The only time the lights are good is when the brights are on. Who would of thought to test drive this car at night? Need I say more? Do not buy this car!!! I am sooooo disappointed!!! I want my 2001 Honda Accord back. Yes it was old, but it was paid off and never had a problem!!!
Sorry you are disappointed with your car, but it is under warranty, why don't you take it back to the dealer to have it fixed? I'm sure it's an easy fix.

Also, your post relates to the 2nd generation TSX, so this is in the wrong section. If you post your issues over in the other section, someone might be able to help you figure out what's wrong.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:18 PM
Site Lurker, Rare poster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
With my 08 I hate the fact that it doesn't have auto lock/unlock, 1 touch sunroof controls but I bought modules to fix that :-) I also hate the fact that the headlights need to be on for the foglights to be on.

I also hate the stupid blindspots we have but I got a JDM wideview mirror so that helps a lot. Overall I love my car :-)
Old 01-15-2009, 10:08 PM
Unregistered User

OEM tires, no HD reflash yet, stereo loses most of its quality once turned past 20, FWD, leather "quality", not particularly high number of aftermarket upgrades available, navi gets confused time to time, once it shifts into 2nd gear at 7? MPH, its useless to put my foot down bc it simply wont downshift
Old 01-16-2009, 04:28 AM
Racer

ya the auto tranny, wont down shift when going up hill, gotta put it into M or floor it to get the CPU to downshift. diffidently the leather, the accord has better leather...real leather.

Quick Reply: What DON'T You Like About the TSX?