What DON'T You Like About the TSX?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 03:09 AM
Because Of You

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After almost over 100,000 miles, nothing so far except there is no trunk tray or hook (to hang) in my 04.
Old 12-09-2006, 03:36 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by greendestiny
For the 15 months I've owned my TSX, I haven't quite "adjusted" to the seat.

I don't know, but the TSX driver seat is so hard me to feel comfortable in. I find myself with aches and abdomen muscle strains because of the way I have to sit. I'll be honest, my '96 civic ex seat felt better even though it was a 2-way adjustable seat. I also don't have the same problem in my mom's '00 camry.

I agree 100%!

I've owned the car for almost 1.5 years and I too still can't find a good setting for my seat. Forget it if anyone else drives my car and messes with the seat settings --- I spend the next week tweaking it to get it back to where I think it's good -- only to change it again the next day. It is a little hard, it needs more cushion (I said cushion, not cowbell).

It is not the most comfortable car to drive on long trips but I still love her.
Old 12-10-2006, 07:32 PM
5th Gear

I still love mine after a year and a half and can find little wrong since I bought for the balance of performance, cost, mileage, comfort and style. But if I had to choose one thing I'd take more power. I have discovered how to keep the car fast though. Drive with only a half tank of gas or less, keep my 250 lb. buddies out of the passenger seat and drive for performance on cold days. You can laugh but it works and the performance under those conditions is good. Heat and weight are power killers.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:30 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by playdoh
I agree 100%!

I've owned the car for almost 1.5 years and I too still can't find a good setting for my seat. Forget it if anyone else drives my car and messes with the seat settings --- I spend the next week tweaking it to get it back to where I think it's good -- only to change it again the next day. It is a little hard, it needs more cushion (I said cushion, not cowbell).

I think the problem is the center leather perforation piece needs more stiffer support. The way it sinks in and the 3-piece design also makes it the problem.

I sat in the current model BMW 325 and I must say, wow, those leather seats are extremely stiff and feel much better for my ass.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:06 AM
I can't find my garage

the lack of knowledge by others of the tsx...i get called a "tl or something" or even a "rsx or something" -_-
Old 12-11-2006, 03:16 AM
Intermediate

SIMPLE,

I HATE MY TSX.
Or my EX-CAR

1) Claimed Lemon on that TSX, (Clutch Failed 3x)
2) Seat / squeaks Alot and dealer said its normal .. BS!!!
3) Slow for its class not enough Torque (Altima 4cyl has more torque)
4) doesnt do a great job of absorbing holes on the ground
5) Doesnt Play MP3

What I like about it ??

1) Navigation / Touch Screen
2) Storage Compartments
3) Nice display Only 2006 +
Old 12-11-2006, 08:25 AM
Race Director

I think the problem is the center leather perforation piece needs more stiffer support. The way it sinks in and the 3-piece design also makes it the problem.

I sat in the current model BMW 325 and I must say, wow, those leather seats are extremely stiff and feel much better for my ass.
Yeah, I keep on trying to adjust the seat position myself. If I don't adjust it right, my right leg starts to cramp up in pain.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:08 AM
This space taken.

I really shouldn't do this...but..

SIMPLE,

I HATE MY TSX.
Or my EX-CAR
Ok, so what you're saying is you aren't biased. Got it.

Is this a common problem - I've never heard of it. In fact, everything I've read suggests that transmission in the TSX is truly world class. My own personal experiences have not shown that to be inaccurate. Perhaps your driving style, or lack of experience with the 3rd pedal was to blame?

I have a couple of rattles, but the dealer has never indicated that they wouldn't fix them. I'll agree though, no rattle is good.

First, the Altima is not in the TSX's class IMHO. Second, with the exception of the newest generation Altima (only b/c I have not yet seen or been in one), I would take the TSX any day. Dynamically, the two cars are no comparison. As for speed, the TSX is no drag racer, but I'll gladly line up with any Altima 2.5S that cares to try. I have no doubt in my mind that I would easily walk one. Again, perhaps your driving could use improvement?

To each their own - I find the ride to be very good. I wasn't expecting a Lincoln, though. Sport tuning tends to = stiff tuning, so maybe you'd be better served with that Altima 2.5S after all.

5) Doesent Play MP3
That is unfortunate. However - simple solution in the '06 and newer is to just plug your Ipod in.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:57 AM
Advanced

I wish the FM radio would display station information, such as the station name, artist and song title.

I rent cars a lot for work, and most cars I get have this feature.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:10 AM
Advanced

Now you are just asking for trouble in here.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:13 PM
Advanced

I can't believe the door locks in the 2006 TSX don't lock by themselves. That is just insane.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:14 AM
I can't find my garage

Originally Posted by BriLam
I can't believe the door locks in the 2006 TSX don't lock by themselves. That is just insane.
u got to be some intense lazy person. juss press the button. is it that hard to do to complain about not lockin by itself?
Old 12-12-2006, 02:41 AM
Intermediate

Is this a common problem - I've never heard of it. In fact, everything I've read suggests that transmission in the TSX is truly world class. My own personal experiences have not shown that to be inaccurate. Perhaps your driving style, or lack of experience with the 3rd pedal was to blame?
Well Maybe but the CLICKINIG sound was coming from the Clutch Master cylinder, The Service manager said, he replaced it and it was GONE, this was at 2000 MILES (PRETTY DAME NEW CAR) then 40 miles in the car CLICKING sound came in and this time....I didnt drive the car, the pedal went straight to the floor didnt come back. "Service Manger said" there was a leak in the Clutch Master Cylinder and air was passing by Bled the clutch line" 2 days later, the clutch pedal went straight to the floor and this time replaced the clutch master clylinder again. drive a while and clicking sound came back except I was lazy to go in and fix it as I was already dealing this case with my lawyer. The service manager said HE REFUSE to do any replacement on the CLUTCH MASTER CYLINDER and he said it was NORMAL on TSX. F**CK that MU***THA...I got a car accidnet because of this .. DONT TELL ME ITS NORMAL. For peoples to know this. SUNNYVALE ACURA (DO NOT SERVICE YOUR CAR THERE)

So Its not that I cant drive manuals, this is my 2 manual car with 5+ years of driving manual.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:26 PM
Registered Car Nut

Originally Posted by mltk53
u got to be some intense lazy person. juss press the button. is it that hard to do to complain about not lockin by itself?
It's actually the combination of the doors not locking automatically, and the driver's door not unlocking when you try to open it... pretty basic stuff. then again, pretty minor stuff!

Love my TSX!!!
Old 12-12-2006, 10:28 PM
Registered Car Nut

Originally Posted by ron8818
Well Maybe but the CLICKINIG sound was coming from the Clutch Master cylinder, The Service manager said, he replaced it and it was GONE, this was at 2000 MILES (PRETTY DAME NEW CAR) then 40 miles in the car CLICKING sound came in and this time....I didnt drive the car, the pedal went straight to the floor didnt come back. "Service Manger said" there was a leak in the Clutch Master Cylinder and air was passing by Bled the clutch line" 2 days later, the clutch pedal went straight to the floor and this time replaced the clutch master clylinder again. drive a while and clicking sound came back except I was lazy to go in and fix it as I was already dealing this case with my lawyer. The service manager said HE REFUSE to do any replacement on the CLUTCH MASTER CYLINDER and he said it was NORMAL on TSX. F**CK that MU***THA...I got a car accidnet because of this .. DONT TELL ME ITS NORMAL. For peoples to know this. SUNNYVALE ACURA (DO NOT SERVICE YOUR CAR THERE)

So Its not that I cant drive manuals, this is my 2 manual car with 5+ years of driving manual.
So, you got one major problem with your car, and dealt with a bad dealership to get the repairs done... Sorry to hear you didn't have a good TSX experience like most of us.

Did you try to get another dealership to look at it? So much of the experience has to do with the service advisor/manager that you have to get a second opinion on this.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:27 PM
This space taken.

I had a clutch master cylinder die in my old truck once. Same problem you describe. It took my local fix anything mechanic 30 minutes and $35 to fix. Really not a huge deal - shouldn't happen, yes, but it does.

As for the clicking...I'd have to hear it. They all do make some audible noise, but I don't notice a click, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

To be honest I quit paying much attention after "DAME" and the random other expletives you tried throwing in there. I'm still thinking you may have been part of the problem, if you approached them like that.

Good luck with your BMW - sweet cars.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:24 AM
Advanced

Champ, it's not about hitting the button, it's about remembering to do so for the reason of safety. It takes me looking at the unlocked door to remember to do it -- there's nothing lazy about it.

Still, with all the features in the car, you'd think one of the simplest (and safest, as well as one which is found in many much older cars) would be included.

Originally Posted by mltk53
Old 12-14-2006, 09:31 AM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Champ, it's not about hitting the button, it's about remembering to do so for the reason of safety. It takes me looking at the unlocked door to remember to do it -- there's nothing lazy about it.

Still, with all the features in the car, you'd think one of the simplest (and safest, as well as one which is found in many much older cars) would be included.

In most newer car's when you hit the accel, the doors auto lock. I found that to be a great thing, because I'm really forgetful when it comes to locking my doors, like when I'm driving to work, its about a 8 mile drive from home, and I pull into my workplace, and find out that I haven't locked my doors, so I lock them, but realize I'm already at work
Old 12-14-2006, 09:36 AM
Team Owner

SIMPLE,

I HATE MY TSX.
Or my EX-CAR

That's not your fault. You were unlucky to pick up one of the cars out of a million to have a problem like that.

That's a notorious seat squeaking problem. They should have that fixed.

If you were looking for more power, you obviously bought the wrong car. You should've realized this before purchasing and test driving other cars. Buyers remorse isn't going to get you anywhere. For most members, the TSX has plenty of power.

The car doesn't exactly come with the greatest of tires either. Better ride quality? Get better tires too, or just simply avoid these so called "holes" in the ground.

5) Doesnt Play MP3
Aftermarket. The AUX port is there for a reason as well. Plug in your mp3 player, and play your mp3's.

What I like about it ??

1) Navigation / Touch Screen
2) Storage Compartments
3) Nice display Only 2006
Old 12-14-2006, 09:37 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by playdoh
Maybe you just have an unusual seating position to be comfortable in because I find the TSX seats to be wonderfully comfortable, even after 7 hours straight in them.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:47 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
Maybe you just have an unusual seating position to be comfortable in because I find the TSX seats to be wonderfully comfortable, even after 7 hours straight in them.
I hate to admit, that at first, it took me about 3 months to get used to the seats, because I came from "no back support" Volvo seats, but after those 3 months, oh sweet jejus, the seats are like a dream.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:06 PM
Intermediate

If these are the worst problems with the TSX, that's very encouraging! These are all minor, and most of them are just "wanna" whines (I wanna....I wanna). I'm looking forward to getting my new car.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:35 PM
NA

I don't know why anyone is complaining about the power of the TSX...that is usually what determines whether or not I buy a car. I believe that it is pretty damn quick for a little 4 banger. And since everyone who wants more speed mods their engines anyway, I don't really see the problem.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:22 AM
Intermediate

Well I just want people to know, Overall YES Acura is a very good car,
I simply picked up like someone said 1/1000000 that has problems.

Ill tell you guys something, the guy who signed off my car who gave me a check, this person works for a company who specifically does all the inspection of cars before re-purchase is offcially done. HE TOLD ME, acura is rare to have these lemon buy backs.
THe most is Mercedes Benz (because a customer who paid sooo and soo much about of money expect everything to be perfect and they have no time to fight over little problems)
2) MAZDA's seems to be unrealiable to his words because he had to do alot of repurchase of lots of mazda's.

Final Words, Honda / Acura Make great cars, My whole family drives a honda almost. We have 2004 Accord V6 (no problem) 1999 Honda CR-V (no problems) 2001 Honda Odyssey (no problems)

Sooo to all the TSX drivers.. YOUR FINE, TSX is a good car, I just hate it cuz I bought the 1/100000 faulty TSX. Im unlucky but lucky to buy a car a bit better.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:55 PM
1st Gear

I recently purchaed an 06MT no Nav and the car is excellent for the price point. I admit that I have not read the owners manual but two basic features I believe are missing that have not been mentioned: a stereo with RDS for FM (displays song and artist) and an electric eye that turns lights on when dark and off when light. These are standard features on less expensive cars. The auto door locks is also surprisingly absent.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:08 PM
I can't find my garage

tru, tru
Old 12-16-2006, 10:45 PM
3rd Gear

3 Things Bug Me

Here are three things I wish Honda would fix:

1. Speedometer Design. "O" starts at 6:00, making the zone that is easiest to read (btwn 11:00 and 12:00) at the 110 mph mark. City speed limits (25-45 mph) are positioned too far down so your eyes must drop quite a bit from the road deep into the dash to see your speed limit. Bad design.

2. Extra Switchblanks for no good reason. There are two empty switch pods on the left of the dash. What are they for? There are no options that need them, I believe. I think they are leftovers from the Euro Honda design, which needed them for fog lights, etc.

3. Mileage Indicator is lame. It goes to 60 MPH. For what? It could have been spread from 20-40 MPH to make it easier to read, and probably more accurate.

Minor stuff for a great car.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:31 AM
Racer

1. The gas mileage isn't that great.

2. Large turning radius

3. No Auto on headlights

4. The backseat is plain bare....they could of put some of the plastic aluminum look trim on the back doors. I wish the trim was actually aluminum and didnt scratch that easily

5. No auto up pass. window/ no auto moon roof

6. key fob...but soon to be re-placed with some work..needs to have auto up feature also should open/close the moon roof.

7. i wanted an all black ceiling, because i have black interior

8. High back, so it has poor visibility

9. rattles

10. Better driver seat comfort. For some reason my lower back starts to hurt even while having the lumbar support on full, my foot always hurts, i have the seat all the way back but yet i still feel uncomfortable.

11. When you hit the trunk button on the fob, i would like it to open up a little more then just pop.

12. Better exhaust note

13. i hate the sound of my signals, i wish they sounded a little more classy and expensive. Also they should be a different color instead of green to match better.

14. Better sound system

15. They should provide an option for cooling seats for cars that are sold in the south. I live in Miami and i wont ever use the heated seats unless i hit them by accident.

Im just trying really hard to find stuff. Most of them i don't care about. I love my car, I just wish i got the NAV.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:49 AM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
[QUOTE=Armishanks]Here are three things I wish Honda would fix:

1. Speedometer Design. "O" starts at 6:00, making the zone that is easiest to read (btwn 11:00 and 12:00) at the 110 mph mark. City speed limits (25-45 mph) are positioned too far down so your eyes must drop quite a bit from the road deep into the dash to see your speed limit. Bad design.
[QUOTE]

That's weird...I LOVE the speedometer design with 0 starting at 6:00. I think it's unique and suits the TSX's sporty image.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:16 AM
Instructor

I'd like to be able to turn off the seatbelt warning bell...
Old 12-17-2006, 07:38 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by MattJP
I'd like to be able to turn off the seatbelt warning bell...
WHY?
Old 12-17-2006, 07:41 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by jesuswalks

2. Large turning radius

3. No Auto on headlights

4. The backseat is plain bare....they could of put some of the plastic aluminum look trim on the back doors. I wish the trim was actually aluminum and didnt scratch that easily

6. key fob...but soon to be re-placed with some work..needs to have auto up feature also should open/close the moon roof.

9. rattles

10. Better driver seat comfort. For some reason my lower back starts to hurt even while having the lumbar support on full, my foot always hurts, i have the seat all the way back but yet i still feel uncomfortable.

11. When you hit the trunk button on the fob, i would like it to open up a little more then just pop.

12. Better exhaust note

13. i hate the sound of my signals, i wish they sounded a little more classy and expensive. Also they should be a different color instead of green to match better.

14. Better sound system

15. They should provide an option for cooling seats for cars that are sold in the south. I live in Miami and i wont ever use the heated seats unless i hit them by accident.
I think you made a bad choice with the TSX with this many complaints. You should have bought something else. Maybe a ford or a pontiac would have suited you better.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:16 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by jesuswalks

2. Large turning radius

3. No Auto on headlights

9. rattles

12. Better exhaust note

14. Better sound system

Im just trying really hard to find stuff. Most of them i don't care about. I love my car, I just wish i got the NAV.

Excellent points.

Why do people jump all over you when you point out things you would like better? If the car was perfect and had everything you could want, why make a new model every year? Maybe people here should just buy a cheaper '04 and be happy with it then.

If Honda listened to us, they'd have more buyers. Including us buying a newer model instead of even considering looking elsewhere.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:15 AM
3rd Gear

"That's weird...I LOVE the speedometer design with 0 starting at 6:00. I think it's unique and suits the TSX's sporty image."

It's form over function. The design does look cool, but makes it hard to view your speed in the common ranges of 25-55 MPH.

Porsche has some of the best-designed speedos out there, and they put their 0 around 7:00 or 8:00. Much easier to read quickly than the TSX's.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:02 PM
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
I really like my TSX--I've driven it 10,000 miles so far (in 6 months). Here are the things I'd don't like about it and would like to see improved in a future evolution of the car:

- Poor turning radius. It doesn't help that I came from a car that has a remarkable turning radius... However a car that's the size of the TSX should be able to make better use of the road width.

- DBW throttle lag and overall weird feel. Sure you can get used to it as is--you can get used to just about anything. It doesn't change the fact that there is vast room for improvement in the DBW throttle system. If you're going to replace a throttle cable with some high-tech gadget, make sure the design is able to at least match the speed, crispness, and predictability of a throttle cable.

- Visibility. Again, I come from a car that had excellent visibility, so I am a bit spoiled. However, I am not the first TSX driver in the world to notice the fat A-pillars do block an exceptionally critical area. The rearward visibility isn't the best in the world either. I'm not sure how much can be done without adversely affecting the great looks of the car--but every little bit helps.

- Engine tuning. This is a minor gripe since I seldom take the engine above 5000 RPM. The step in power produced by the VTEC switch bothers me. I see the noticeable change in power as less-than-ideal engine tuning. The VTEC switch should be relocated to attain a [more] seamless transition of power... if at all possible that is.

- VSA. I'd like switchable VSA modes. For example--I like having front wheel traction control, but I don't like the understeer/oversteer correction in certain circumstances. I'd like to isolate them. With the stability component turned off, I just want the traction control to operate the front brakes to reduce wheelspin--no throttle or timing interaction please.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:08 PM
AlwysCleanURArely c ASpec

that seatbelt chirp is annoyingggggg.. it shouldn't persistently beep. Sometimes I need it off for a minute and it irkes the shhhhhhhhh out of me
Old 12-17-2006, 09:00 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by 6SpeedTA95
What's RBP?
I have also received more compliments than i ever had on a car!
Old 12-17-2006, 09:11 PM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by Ride Slow Homey
that seatbelt chirp is annoyingggggg.. it shouldn't persistently beep. Sometimes I need it off for a minute and it irkes the shhhhhhhhh out of me
It might be annoying but it could save your life..
Old 12-17-2006, 09:19 PM
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah the obsessive seat belt alarm is a little annoying. It does however encourage people who are not in the habit of wearing their seatbelt to put theirs on.

The worst though is the passenger seat thing... If I place my laptop bag in the seat just right, I get to enjoy the "Passenger Fasten Seatbelt" alarm all the way home--unless I totally lose my temper and slam on the brakes so it goes crashing into the footwell

Seems like all of that would be easy to defeat if one were so inclined.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:40 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by S14 n Tsx
It might be annoying but it could save your life..

This is a public safety announcement.

Quick Reply: What DON'T You Like About the TSX?