What do you hate most about your TSX?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 09:32 AM
TSX Sold! Hello STi!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wildjohn999
1. Doors do not auto-lock when shifting into D.

2. Door does not unlock when pulling the inside door handle, I have to press unlock before getting out.

BTW, before I get replies on 1 and 2 of "hey tardsauce learn to operate doors", my sister's 2006 Toyota Carolla has the door features I just mentioned and dare I say less wind noise but about the same road noise as my 2007 TSX.
This left me EXTREMELY puzzled as my dad's old '96 HONDA Accord would do this!

Those are 2 features I wish they would've had in my '05 TSX... at least Honda/Acura is making them customizable features on their newer vehicles.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:55 AM
Yes it is!

Originally Posted by Mskierki
I don't like the way you select the windshield wiper speed. The rotating switch worked much better and still allowed you to use the "mist" setting if necessary.
I agree. This is the first car I've had with the "push down" wiper stalk and I really don't care for it.

Also don't like how the gauges become difficult to see when headlights are on during the day (like during a mid-day rain shower) without adjusting the little knob.

Used to have a lot of other complaints but I've gotten over them and/or come to enjoy them.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:07 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by Deity711
I agree. This is the first car I've had with the "push down" wiper stalk and I really don't care for it.

Also don't like how the gauges become difficult to see when headlights are on during the day (like during a mid-day rain shower) without adjusting the little knob.

Used to have a lot of other complaints but I've gotten over them and/or come to enjoy them.
i'm used to the push down wiper stalk because it has been an Accord fixture for years on the previous Accords i've had. it was on the 3rd gen Accord 1986-1989 and the 6th gen Accord 1998-2002. also all of you complain about the location of the trunk release and the placement of the sunroof buttons. let me tell you, that has been on Honda ergonmics since the 3rd gen Accord too! they were all located in the same place.

trunk release:

88 Accord, 99 Accord, 04 TSX all at the same location, on the floor to the left side

sunroof button:

88 Accord, 99 Accord, 04 TSX all at the same location, on the annoying lower left side where the fog light switch is at as well if you get it installed OEM.

So, for almost 20 or more years the location of the buttons hasn't changed much.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:43 AM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
i hate lack of engine tuning options, i would love it if we could easily slap on a turbo and really lay down some serious numbers!
Old 09-12-2007, 10:51 AM
Instructor

does anyone else have that rattle from inside the stearing wheel? yeah, i brought it to the dealership twice. they didn't fix it and the second time they put a scratch in the plastic piece. i heard lexus is really good at no rattles, i might opt for one after my lease is done. but the '09 tsx looks dam nice.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:37 AM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Hate the superwide turning radius.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:59 AM
6th Gear

I hate the sensitivity of the driver-side window control when you're trying to leave a little crack open on a hot day. It's so easy to force is to auto-close or open, my former car's controls had a better feel for this task.

Also those tiny rear rotors that force you to change the pads at 25k miles while the front pads are still at 80%.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:10 PM
> 100K Mile Club Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can't believe no one has mentioned this...the paint. It SUCKS!!! I have an '04 so maybe this has been addressed with subsequent MYs.?.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:52 PM
Instructor

- The stupid bitch in the bluetooth unit not understanding my clear commands and confirming every f***ing thing by saying "Would you like to call xxx?". Which idiot came up with this design? Seriously? what were they thinking?

-DBW
Old 09-12-2007, 01:05 PM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by TSXinTN
Can't believe no one has mentioned this...the paint. It SUCKS!!! I have an '04 so maybe this has been addressed with subsequent MYs.?.

i hear you there, i plan on having my whole car repainted next spring.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:09 PM
9th Gear

No one touch open/close sunroof button.

I believe someone metioned this earlier.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:52 PM
Advanced

I've had my '05 for about a year now and here are my thoughts...these are more like "those little things that annoy me" rather than something I hate. If I hated something in the car I wouldn't have purchased it.

Location of the door lock: It's nice to be able to see if it is locked or unlocked from outside but god dammit that is right where I want to rest my arm when I have the window open.

OK button on the Navi/Slow response on the Navi:
Yeah yeah, safety feature my ass. It annoys me every day. I would pay a lot of money to have that thing be on in one second instead of 15 seconds (OK button or not). Other than that, the navigation is great. Especially when I need to know where the nearest blowjob is located...I would hack the thing myself if someone on this forum could get me the version 3.6 BIN file on the DVD...hint, hint.

Not an ashtray: What the hell? I don't want an ashtray, but I never wanted a not an ashtray either...stick something useful there.

Odd gear ratios: While I assume this was done to increase 0-60 times, they have successfuly made second and sixth gears pretty pointless. Second is too short (though it makes third gear pretty fun) and sixth is too close to fifth (only a 500 RPM drop from fifth to sixth at 60 MPH?). I wish sixth gear was optimized better for highway cruising.

The Paint: Let's face it, these cars are going to look like they've been through a war zone in ten years. It sucks, but there isn't much you can do about it.

Things that used to bug me that I fixed:

No one-touch sunroof: I finally got the KPTech module and fixed this issue once and for all...though it shouldn't really be called "one" touch since you hit the button twice and then it does its thing...but close enough. Well worth the money for that one.

The seat: It took a good month or two of making very slight adjustments to get the thing comfortable...I ended up tilting the bottom/rear end down and the bottom/front end up quite a bit more than I thought I would have to and I got it in the sweet spot. For those that find the seat uncomfortable, keep trying different positions and play with the lumbar support a lot.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:14 PM
Banned

Not only am I miffed by the uselessness of the fifth gear, but the cruising gear of the automatic has better mechanical advantage than the manual. I realy want to understand the logic to that.

I had the same experiance with the seat, over the course of a month the front came up and the rear went down. It's pretty nice now.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:08 AM
Advanced

Paint
AC/Radio Controls through NAV
Crappy stock tires
Lightness of the doors ( People are always slamming my $#!t)
No trunk dampers
Old 09-13-2007, 07:08 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by Bigtimebooch
I've had my '05 for about a year now and here are my thoughts...these are more like "those little things that annoy me" rather than something I hate. If I hated something in the car I wouldn't have purchased it.

Location of the door lock: It's nice to be able to see if it is locked or unlocked from outside but god dammit that is right where I want to rest my arm when I have the window open.

OK button on the Navi/Slow response on the Navi:
Yeah yeah, safety feature my ass. It annoys me every day. I would pay a lot of money to have that thing be on in one second instead of 15 seconds (OK button or not). Other than that, the navigation is great. Especially when I need to know where the nearest blowjob is located...I would hack the thing myself if someone on this forum could get me the version 3.6 BIN file on the DVD...hint, hint.

Not an ashtray: What the hell? I don't want an ashtray, but I never wanted a not an ashtray either...stick something useful there.

Odd gear ratios: While I assume this was done to increase 0-60 times, they have successfuly made second and sixth gears pretty pointless. Second is too short (though it makes third gear pretty fun) and sixth is too close to fifth (only a 500 RPM drop from fifth to sixth at 60 MPH?). I wish sixth gear was optimized better for highway cruising.

The Paint: Let's face it, these cars are going to look like they've been through a war zone in ten years. It sucks, but there isn't much you can do about it.

Things that used to bug me that I fixed:

No one-touch sunroof: I finally got the KPTech module and fixed this issue once and for all...though it shouldn't really be called "one" touch since you hit the button twice and then it does its thing...but close enough. Well worth the money for that one.

The seat: It took a good month or two of making very slight adjustments to get the thing comfortable...I ended up tilting the bottom/rear end down and the bottom/front end up quite a bit more than I thought I would have to and I got it in the sweet spot. For those that find the seat uncomfortable, keep trying different positions and play with the lumbar support a lot.

that's me with the uncomfortable seat, why did they make the TSX so stiff? the leather in the TL and MDX are softer.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:30 AM
Advanced

I am actually happy with the tsx seats. My mom has an a4 and the seats in that are really uncomfortable and take days to find the sweet spot. The seats lack back support making trips seem longer than they really are.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:26 AM
10th Gear

I'm sure this was already mentioned, but having to hit the "OK" button on the navi screen everytime you start the car. And having to hit the button on the steering whell for the MID to become "active".
Old 09-13-2007, 09:38 AM
Pro

lack of one touch sunroof

light "pong" hollow sound front doors (although we have 5 star side impact )

lack of low end torque

other than that, it's great. bigger luggage for sure than IS, bigger interior space thanks to FWD, whatever we can say....
Old 09-13-2007, 10:23 AM
10th Gear

You know the bumper stickers that say “This car climbed Mt. Washington”. Well my 2005 TSX 6MT didn’t. It was last summer. I’m pretty experienced with sticks, they’re all I’ve driven for years… on a Corolla, Accord and BMW.
The problem I think was with the brakes. They’re not strong and durable enough.
The Mt Washington drive is fairly tough, a little scary and long… and there was a procession of tightly-spaced cars much of the way. It was a nice weekend afternoon. Lots of vehicles were not making it though, and they would pull off into available side areas. There was a lot of stop and start.
It was a big disappointment for me. I was just with my wife and she was screaming and mad, and scared the whole way going up. That didn’t help me. I pulled off and turned around about ¼ mile from the top. There was a smell. I think the brakes, not the tranny.
Some old vans and station wagons (packed with kids) were making it up all the way. It was a bummer.
Anyway, I didn’t love my TSX as much after that day… but I still love the way it handles in most driving. I live in a hilly area with some narrow streets. I’ve had a few downhill “panic” braking stops to do over the 2-plus years I’ve had the TSX. I mean the kind where you slam down on the brakes like a madman… no time for downshifting or anything. Well I don’t like the way it stops, even in dry conditions. Yes, I’ve had the dealer do all the usual work with the brakes. Just try going downhill, say 30mph, in 3rd gear let’s say, and suddenly hit the brakes real, real hard. What do you think? It’s not as good as my 90 Accord was for that.
An analogy for the TSX may be that it’s like one of those college running backs with all the best moves, but who just doesn’t make it in the pros because he’s not tough and durable enough.
So, please someone respond and say a TSX “climbed Mt Washington”. I’ll gladly blame my failure that day on me (and my wife).
Old 09-13-2007, 10:25 AM
Three Wheelin'

paint -- sent in my complaint to my dealer today
Old 09-13-2007, 02:08 PM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by Bigtimebooch
Where can i get this Module? Is it an easy DIY? And how much?
Old 09-13-2007, 02:37 PM
Advanced

The DBW and the horrible seats are tied for first place in my book! I've had the car almost 5 months and still haven't found a good seating position. There is not enough lower back support as the lumber support adjustment adjusts in the mid-back.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:54 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Other TSX drivers with AT transmissions race Subaru Foresters and make me look bad.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:09 PM
2008 Acura TSX

Originally Posted by jlukja
Other TSX drivers with AT transmissions race Subaru Foresters and make me look bad.
It's so fun though! Wooo! Hahaha.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:17 PM
Intermediate

My biggest pet peeve about the car is that the rear windows don't completely roll down. There is a little just a little bit of window that stays exposed
Old 09-16-2007, 01:47 AM
G2 TSX

stupid map lights don't auto off
Old 09-16-2007, 09:27 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Poorly implemented DBW tops the list for me. The lack of aftermarket programmable ECU option due to the DBW is the last straw.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:50 PM
Instructor

Just finished 400 miles of my weekend trip and im posting from a friends house. So far my impressions are......this thing is NOISY at highway speeds!!!! NVH!!!!!! is very noticeable on this car! The tires howl, every nook and cranny on the road you can hear inside the car, wind noise is very pronounced above 65mph. Another thing i dislike is how the AC, Map and AC buttons are scattered all over the place, they should be centralized since they are the main function buttons! But besides those things the car has been very nice, handles great has very decent power to pass and get up to highway speeds.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:09 PM
Banned

I'm tired of saying this car is noisy as if their opinion is as objective as a gold plated decibel meter. I came from an Integra like a lot of other people here, so for my money it's pretty dang quiet.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:17 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by wackura
I'm tired of saying this car is noisy as if their opinion is as objective as a gold plated decibel meter. I came from an Integra like a lot of other people here, so for my money it's pretty dang quiet.

thats good that its not noisy to you, my OPINION is that it is. No need to get your panties in a bunch about it.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:34 PM
I Quit

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by IIIII
thats good that its not noisy to you, my OPINION is that it is. No need to get your panties in a bunch about it.
You have a TL, when I was selling honda/acura, I drove the TL and the TSX ALOT! before I made my decision and the TL was WAY quieter, like almost silent compared to the TSX. However; the whole reason I bought the TSX over the TL was for two reasons:
1. I was coming from an 01 MDX and was looking for something that consumed less gas and the TL was just to close to the MDX to justify selling for saving maybe 1 or 2 mpg (especially since I loved my MDX)

and

2. The TSX had more aftermarket potential, so more fun. Granted there are many apps for the TL they are just EXPENSIVE! lol

Otherwise I would have taken a TL, however; I do wish I had just gone with the Lexus IS and left Acura behind sometimes. But I love Honda engines and just couldn't see myself show boating around in a Toyota lol.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:57 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by clee109
You have a TL, when I was selling honda/acura, I drove the TL and the TSX ALOT! before I made my decision and the TL was WAY quieter, like almost silent compared to the TSX. However; the whole reason I bought the TSX over the TL was for two reasons:
1. I was coming from an 01 MDX and was looking for something that consumed less gas and the TL was just to close to the MDX to justify selling for saving maybe 1 or 2 mpg (especially since I loved my MDX)

and

2. The TSX had more aftermarket potential, so more fun. Granted there are many apps for the TL they are just EXPENSIVE! lol

Otherwise I would have taken a TL, however; I do wish I had just gone with the Lexus IS and left Acura behind sometimes. But I love Honda engines and just couldn't see myself show boating around in a Toyota lol.

Exactly, i have the TL and TSX and on the highway at highway speeds, the TL is quiet, a hint of road noise and no wind noise at all. The TSX is just like i described it earlier. But i still enjoy driving the TSX very much so.

The TSX's average mpg was at 33.8-ish the entire way while cruising at 75(my highway cruising speed), TL averages 31 mpg at 75. Not that big of a difference for having 2 more cylinders and 50 or so more hp.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:16 PM
Driver/Detailer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The OEM Michelins on the TSX are CRAP. Go for any other model of tire and you'll get a much quieter ride.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by IIIII
Unless there is a way to show that the TSX is louder than the average car then road noise isn't a cristicism the TSX deserves.

You can say it's loud in your opinion, which originaly you didn't, but that's every bit as subjective as your favorite kind of ice cream.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:38 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wackura
Unless there is a way to show that the TSX is louder than the average car then road noise isn't a cristicism the TSX deserves.

You can say it's loud in your opinion, which originaly you didn't, but that's every bit as subjective as your favorite kind of ice cream.
There are many threads comparing the noise in the TSX to other cars in its class. You compared it to an Integra which is not in the same class.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:54 PM
Banned

Fair enough.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:33 PM
B A N N E D

The usuals...
hollow doors
no 1 touch roof
power is a bit inadequate for $30 grand... although still fun
paint is beautiful but gets scratched very easliy for some reason
my GF says the passanger side seat belt (the long plastic part that connects to the bottom of the seat on the door side) hits her in the leg everytime she gets out of the car and has left a little welt on her a few times... thats pretty retarded if you ask me.

oh and...
Originally Posted by Zyuan10
The ridiculously wide turning radius... I can never pull fast U-turns anymore.
its called an E-brake... try it if you need to whip a quick U-turn.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:44 PM
B A N N E D

also in my opinion... the TSX isn't that noisey where I'm bothered by it... however you won't catch me using the bluetooth when I'm going over 55mph in fear of getting frustrated by the person on the other end always saying "WHAT??? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"
Old 09-16-2007, 11:15 PM
my acura sanctuary

I muchly dislike the very wide turning radius.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:44 AM
10th Gear

I can see the gas needle move

My TSX is the first car where I have actually seen the gas needle move. I am getting around 22C/30H MPG, which is semi-ok. However, if I really want to see the needle move all I have to do is floor it and watch as all my gas gets dumped trying to get over that steep second gear.

BTW, if any NOVA TSXers want to try this a good place is the merge area right after the toll booths on the Dulles Greenway.

Quick Reply: What do you hate most about your TSX?