Weird electrical Issue, someone had the same problem?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 07:15 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weird electrical Issue, someone had the same problem?

I just arrived to my house after a 1 hour drive and before coming to a complete stop I noted that a check airbag light was coming on but only for 1 or 2 seconds before turning off and muting the radio. It ketp going for a moment, after a while I decided to turn off the car and turn on again and it took its time to turn on and all the lights were turning off and on while doing so. After a while without the AC on everything was fine, after turning on the ac it went on again with the check light, I unplugged my battery , cleaned the connections and try again for a clean turn on without issues but after turning on the lights and AC and radio again the same issue. After turning off the car and again it wouldnt even crank.

I just sent the battery to an advanced auto parts to charge and hopefully is the battery but I am already thinking about probably the alternator. So my question if is someone has this issue like I just described? and if so what was the solution.
Old 12-16-2017, 06:19 AM
Banned

Received 79 Likes on 60 Posts
Start from the beginning. What make, model and year car are we talking about? Also, how old is your battery? From what you described, things tend to point to a bad battery.
Old 12-16-2017, 11:04 AM
Intermediate

I have a 2006 acura tsx. The battery is from october 2015. I went to charge the batter at an advance auto parts and the battery charged fast and full charged. However when inside the car and turn on , with a voltimeter on the battery connectors while the car was turned on the voltage was about 11.8 volts and going down, I was barely able to drive home (car was turned on for about 25 minutes) before my check airgbag light started to come again randomly and then a check charging system. However I dont hear any whining noise from my alternator . so I have no idea.
Old 12-16-2017, 11:29 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mytre
I have a 2006 acura tsx. The battery is from october 2015. I went to charge the batter at an advance auto parts and the battery charged fast and full charged. However when inside the car and turn on , with a voltimeter on the battery connectors while the car was turned on the voltage was about 11.8 volts and going down, I was barely able to drive home (car was turned on for about 25 minutes) before my check airgbag light started to come again randomly and then a check charging system. However I dont hear any whining noise from my alternator . so I have no idea.
What I meant was that the battery charged full, according to advance auto parts even over the rated charge. After putting in on the car the car was ok, no dim lights when accelerating or anything. So I drove to advance auto parts to check with a voltimeter, after using the voltimeter with the car on the voltage was 11.8 and was going lower each passing minute. to 11.79. I drove back to my house and it started again with the check airbag randomly . then in a red light it started saying check chargin system and the red battery indicator turned on , Barely mmaded to my house and turned off the car. Right now the battery is unplugged and I am about to buy a new alternator.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:56 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,508 Likes on 1,176 Posts
I have an 2006 TSX with around 135,000 miles when the alternator when out. I have 3 Acura and they do not like low voltage. The issue with my TSX was the alternator wasn't putting out enough volts and was taking power from the battery. Once the voltage from the battery was too low, all kinds of warning pop-up until the TSX died (the kid's car). I removed and recharged the battery at home and I was able to start as normal and drive down to Firestone to replace the alternator.