AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   1G TSX (2004-2008) (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-tsx-2004-2008-124/)
-   -   VSA Modulator prob (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-tsx-2004-2008-124/vsa-modulator-prob-977653/)

kingpinz 03-03-2019 10:45 AM

VSA Modulator prob

Hey guys have huge problem. So about two weeks ago my battery died I jumped the car and everything went fine. Got home tried to start it the next am and there is absolutely no power. no radio, dash, lights etc. Took the battery to autozone they said it was messed up and gave me a new on put that in and still no power. I check the main battery fuse and change it the car starts but everything is low All of the lights and the dashboard and the radio. I shut the car off and no there is no power again. I changed the main fuse again but still no power to the car. I changed the alternator and still nothing. Finally we noticed a humming sound coming from the VSA mod. It is the ONLY thing that is getting power It starts humming as soon as the terminals touch the battery which is not supposed to happen. Tested the fuse again and its blown but there is power running . But still no power to the inside of the car. The VSA mod is sucking all the power..

Anybody else experiece this or have a fix. BTW its a 05 AT TSX

thanks

TexasHonda 03-04-2019 09:32 AM

Suggest unplugging the ABS/VSA modulator. If that cures problems, go for a used modulator trom ebay or car-part.com. Check youtube for install help; easy job.

good luck

kingpinz 03-04-2019 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by TexasHonda (Post 16392428)
Suggest unplugging the ABS/VSA modulator. If that cures problems, go for a used modulator trom ebay or car-part.com. Check youtube for install help; easy job.

good luck

How exactly do you do that? Is there a wire? I looked at a couple videos but cant seem to figure that out

TexasHonda 03-05-2019 08:51 AM

There is a 48-pin connector at the VSA/ABS modulator (RF fender ).

good luck

Guanacoracing 03-08-2019 12:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the troubleshooting guide...

kingpinz 03-14-2019 10:24 AM

Sorry it took so long to gt back to you guys been busy with work and it been raining off and on for the past two weeks almost everyday.. But I did get a chance to get to that plug and I unplugged it and checked all the wires around it and running to it still nothing even after I changed the battery fuse. After just looking at the open hood or like 30 minutes with my friend who had been helping me all this time he goes "Oh shit bro I put the battery in backwards:behead:". I look over and the the battery is flipped the negative is touching the positive and vice versa. Flip the battery, put it on the charger for 10 minyes and changed the battery fuse again and it started right up. No humming from the ABS. Thanks guys for the help even though it was such a simple stupid mistake lol.