Uncomfortable driver seat

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 07:29 AM
2010 6MT non-tech

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tnrsxs
the S2000 seats are nice - never had a problem with them. Its just now the TSX seems like it has so much room and storage. Its nice not to have a drink cup change your entire driving approach.
my friend is looking at Acuras and we stopped at a nearby dealer. i got into the driver's seat of an '07 or an '08, and it felt like i was a bus driver! on the plus side, the seats seemed a bit more plush and comfortable than my '05 was.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:55 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hate the seat so much on my TSX, Im thinking about getting rid of the car. Yes...its THAT uncomfortable. The bottom part of the seat just tmake the back of my legs ache right from the get go.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Race Director

I started a post about this a few months ago. It was odd, it took me about 3 weeks to get a nice comfortable position in the TSX and the pain went away. Now, since I have a new job and commute 60 miles one way to work, after I get out of the car when I get to work the right leg pain has returned. It's not as bad as before, but it's there again.

Don't know I may still adjust back and forth again or get rid of the 04 TSX while it still has value. I just ran out of warranty and the TSX will hit 51,000 miles tomorrow.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:01 PM
Registered Car Nut

I used to think the seats were very comfortable... in fact, I mostly still do. I'm 6'2", 205lbs, with a 32+" inseam...
I just drove to Albany, NY last weekend (4 hour drive from Montreal), and developed that "right-below-the-right-buttcheek" pain, while on cruise control, after a couple of hours... remembering a previous thread from this forum, i readjusted my seat to lift the front of the seat, to take some weight off the seat. With the front of the seat low, all your body weight, and most of your leg's weight rests on your butt... if you raise the front of the seat, your leg's weight is supported by the seat, which seemed to help in my case...

good luck!
Old 11-16-2007, 12:45 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My TSX seats felt very uncomfortable to me also. It always felt like the lumbar support was too high and hit my mid back instead of my low back. I tried many different adjustments and also tried to just live w/ it, but it got to a point where it felt my mid back was bruised regardless of how I had the seat adjusted.

So, I eventually disassembled the seats and put memory foam into the lumbar section of the seat. After that, problem solved!

Yes, it is a bit PITA to take the seat apart. First, it's super heavy so it's kinda hard to wrestle it out of the car. Second, the leather covers are attached w/ a bunch of upholstery hooks which you have to cut off and reattach. Third, the seat covers have these straps that go over the side airbags which are also kind of a PITA to deal with.

Auto upholstery shops can do this for you if you don't want to deal w/ it, but you need to stick around to test fit where they add and/or take away foam.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:29 AM
Instructor

In my four years of TSX ownership, I’ve never had a comfort complaint. I adjusted the driver’s seat on Day One and haven’t changed the seatback and bottom-cushion angles significantly since. Same goes for the lumbar support.
My longest continuous stints at the wheel have been about two hours, but I think I’d find the seat comfortable even if I had a longer trip to make.
In my previous car, an RX-7, I’d often find myself stopping after about a hour just so I could get out and stretch my back and legs.
Clearly, people’s opinions of the TSX driver’s seat vary tremendously.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:35 AM
gets all the crazy chicks

Originally Posted by greendestiny
i'm sorry to say, my old 96 civic and my momy's 2000 camry with no power seats and a 2-way adjustable seat is more comfortable on my knees, thighs and back....
Seriously? I'm driving a 99 Civic EX (with lumbar support) and it's killing my back. In the market for a new car, passed on a WRX TR (can't find a regular) mainly because it has crappy seats, and was strongly considering an 08 TSX...this thing better be better than my civic!
Old 11-16-2007, 11:14 AM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I've driven 3+ hours in my TSX, and had no complaints. I'm 5'10", about 200 lbs. But I do vary the seat position a bit. My only complaints are that ... the space between the door panel and the outside seat control is so slim, my usual diver watches catch. I scratched the panel the day I picked it up. Other complaint is getting out of my preferred seating position (and have considered using memory position 1 as an ingress/egress position, then use 2 for driving. Thank heavens for the dive watch storage compartment (otherwise called the "not an ashtray").