Is the TSX easy to break into? (VIDEO)

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 07:48 PM
smn
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the TSX easy to break into? (VIDEO)

Hey guys,

I was browsing youtube for TSX videos and came across this video of a guy breaking into someone's TSX with ease. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cITw2B6acfU

Old 09-07-2006, 08:00 PM
Banned

hmmm the owner has the saviness to post that on youtube but never sign up/post here. strange
Old 09-07-2006, 08:01 PM
Got Phó?

That just made me mad, makes me wanna some ass. I think its time for me to get an upgrade alarm system /w auto start.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:02 PM
Intermediate

Break into is not hard for all the car,but drive away won't be possible .Coz' most newer car came with fuel cut system.That's why you need right key to get the car going.But i thought stock alarm will sound if you open without disengage alarm.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:37 PM
Undercover Slacker

im about to go outside and pretty much take everything valuable out... i tried the whole "my windows are rolled down but the car is locked" thing, and yep, even with the red alarm light blinking no alarm sounded when i pulled up the door knob.

also, i was told of when a current gen TL was backed into pretty hard by a truck no alarm sounded. so exactly when do the acura alarms go off?
Old 09-07-2006, 09:49 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
they go off when someone unlocks the door once the security system is armed without using the key or the fob...

it's not a true alarm... it's more theft deterrence..

it doesn't have a shock sensor like other alarms do
Old 09-07-2006, 09:53 PM
04 remembrance

Interesting.

The best bet I assume would be aftermarket alarms.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:59 PM
Instructor

My parents had the "upgraded" factory alarm installed when we bought the car. I remembered it had shock sensors. Can anyone confirm this? Would the shock sensor make it harder for thieves to break into?
Old 09-07-2006, 10:44 PM
Pro

in summary, nope. the only reason to have an alarm is to prevent the car from being stolen and also to try and reduce your insurance premiums.

The stock car alarm has an immobilizer that effectively prevents the car from being stolen, short of being towed. The horn honking is the deterrent.

any thief that wants the stuff in your car will just smash the windows and grab it. they may not take the car but everything else's fair game. An aftermarket alarm would be good too for those with aftermarket stereos and all that jazz.

Unless the alarm comes with a camera to record the person breaking in and/or some way of subduing the thief - tazzers or knockout gas/darts would be nice - what's the point?
Old 09-08-2006, 12:07 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by helraiser

Unless the alarm comes with a camera to record the person breaking in and/or some way of subduing the thief - tazzers or knockout gas/darts would be nice - what's the point?
^

All cars are easy to break into.
Old 09-08-2006, 01:44 AM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've heard that an aftermarket alarm with battery backup, tilt sensors, and internal piezo sirens is a good setup
Old 09-08-2006, 07:50 AM
Burning Brakes

A for "subduing the thief".. if you hurt someone, you can probably get sued. If it wouldn't make a mess of the car, some sort of paint/marking would be good too.

Why can't you just lock valuable stuff in the trunk? Lock the glovebox and the opening lever next to the driver. Yeah, I know someone COULD still break in, but at least it's not just smash-and-grab. Make them work a bit more at it.

But yeah, when the door got opened, the alarm should have gone off. Maybe they know how to disable the alarm. The stock wiring would be in the same place on each car. But there's nothing to keep someone from just smashing the window and reaching in and grabbing whatever... celphone, CDs, MP3 player, etc. This is on any car. Even if an alarm goes off, how long does it take to grab what is in easy sight? By the time you get out of bed, they're gone.

Better to not have valuable things, or if they must be there, lock it out of sight. Get cargo pants and take your MP3 player with you.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:48 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by ClutchPerformer
^

All cars are easy to break into.
Quoted for truth.

Besides, most people leave the manual & maintenance handbook in the car's glove box. Anyone can smash a window, open the glove box, steal your maintenance handbook--which has your key number & navi & radio codes--record your VIN, and order a replacement key. Then they can just walk up to your car at any point and drive off.

If someone wants to steal your car--really, *really* wants to steal it--he can do it and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. All you can do with the ignition cut-out and the alarms and whatever is make your car less convenient to steal than someone else's car, in hopes that the thief will try his hand at stealing the easier car.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:08 AM
Living the Dream

Received 130 Likes on 71 Posts
There are two things unclear about that video.

#1 Were the doors even locked?
#2 If so, how did he get in?

Odds are the car owner left a lot of his/her crap out in plain view. The only thing of any worth that stays in my car are my golf shoes (and they are in the trunk), that's only because I would forget them otherwise. I guess my manual too, I know that those are usually stolen when a car is broken into, but what the hell is up with that?
Old 09-08-2006, 10:29 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by fuckleberry
hmmm the owner has the saviness to post that on youtube but never sign up/post here. strange
looks fake or planned to me. the guy who was the "thief" was way too calm and slow.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:34 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by cmschmie
There are two things unclear about that video.

#1 Were the doors even locked?
#2 If so, how did he get in?

Odds are the car owner left a lot of his/her crap out in plain view. The only thing of any worth that stays in my car are my golf shoes (and they are in the trunk), that's only because I would forget them otherwise. I guess my manual too, I know that those are usually stolen when a car is broken into, but what the hell is up with that?
could always use the trunk to store valuable, and use that special lock to disable the trunk opener without having a key. then, the worst they can do is sit in your nice TSX and envy you.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:39 AM
Doesn't Rice His Car

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bradykp
then, the worst they can do is sit in your nice TSX and envy you.

Old 09-08-2006, 01:19 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bradykp
could always use the trunk to store valuable, and use that special lock to disable the trunk opener without having a key. then, the worst they can do is sit in your nice TSX and envy you.
If they know about the glove box switch they can still just flip it and open your trunk though. I've actually thought about remove that switch or disconnecting it.