South Coast Acura Service HORRIBLE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 05:16 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
South Coast Acura Service HORRIBLE!!!

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to perform a public service and tell you guys to stay away from doing your service at South Coast Acura. I took the car in after making an appointment with the service manager to have my passanger seat fixed on a TBS because it was making noise just like my driver's seat did which was serviced by Santa Monica Acura. I came in and I explained to them what was going on and they said they would take care of it. I asked for a loaner to get back to work and I was declined the loaner, since I am not 25 , according to them they will not give me a loaner and I would have to call a cab or wait the whole day.

It's nice that I don't need to be 25 to pay 30K for a car but then i need to be 25 to get a loaner when my car is deffective from the manufacturer. I had to wait for 3 hours while they were servicing the car. When I got the car back, it was filthy inside and my driver's seat has WD-40 all over the the leather, by the seat controls. They told me they oiled up the seat track to fix it, but they did the driver's side and I specifically told them the issues was with the passanger's seat not the driver's.

They left a mess and I had to clean up WD-40 off my seat's leather of which my car reaks of now.

Do you know where I can contact acura and tell them about this situation with South Coast Acura?

Please stay away from these moron's because my passanger's seat is still making nois e and to be treated like this I would expect it from FORD, when you buy a 5k pinto, not from a luxury car maker like Acura.

Thanks for Listening

Felix
Old 11-23-2006, 05:47 PM
My bolonga has a 1st name

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not surprised many dealers are equally as incompetent. such as Fountain acura in orlando...

most places is 21 for loaners which pisses me off too if i'm 19-20 and can afford to buy a car like this for myself cash, and i'm old enough to test drive it when tehy're trying to get my money from a sale its rediculious how i can't be allowed to drive a loaner. but whatever i'm 21 now and i'm allowed loaners so i'm shocked at the 25 y/o rule for you guys.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:19 PM
hrj
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hmm funny.. here in WA, I can get a loaner. Im not 21 yet.
Old 11-23-2006, 07:05 PM
Cruisin'

I am not concerned about the loaner, but I am concerned about the fact that i wasted an entire day and i've solved nothing. please tell me who at acura i can contact.

Felix
Old 11-23-2006, 08:37 PM
Instructor

I would email/call acura untill you get a response that offers a solution to the mistreatment you went through. Acura is "supposed" to be a luxury car dealer... I'm suprised they did that to you. That would never happen at a Lexus dealer.

If they couldn't give you a loaner, I would of expected them to provide you some sort of transportation to work.

I would of been pissed!!!
Old 11-23-2006, 08:46 PM
Registered Car Nut

Originally Posted by fmorariu
Hey Guys,
I asked for a loaner to get back to work and I was declined the loaner, since I am not 25 , according to them they will not give me a loaner and I would have to call a cab or wait the whole day.
It's nice that I don't need to be 25 to pay 30K for a car but then i need to be 25 to get a loaner when my car is deffective from the manufacturer.
I'm not surprised that you were declined the loaner. It's standard practice here in Canada (at least in Quebec) not to loan a car to anyone under 25, because most fleet insurance will not allow for drivers under 25. That is, unless you can prove to them that your own insurance would cover you on a loaner, and that they do not have to worry...

Sorry to hear about that experience. I would call/email Acura Customer Service if you think it's warranted. But first, I would suggest that you speak to your service advisor and complain about the mess they left in your car. If you don't feel you're being heard, speak to the service manager... and if they fail to acknowledge the screw up and give you something in exchange (free oil change, free cleaning of your car) and fix the actual problem you identified, let them know you'll be contacting Acura customer service...
I have to go in for my first service next week... i know it's only an oil change, but i hope it'll be better than yours.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:24 AM
Cruisin'

Yah, i might do that before calling the Acura customer service.

Felix
Old 11-24-2006, 11:39 AM
Hailing from the 3-0-5

Down here in Miami, it seems like all they really care about is the fact that you have a license and insurance. I have had service loaners from 20/21. I thing I will admit is that Acura is pretty stingy with their loaner cars. BMW and Merc have entire fleets of loaners while Acura has only a few...
Old 11-24-2006, 12:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

My acura dealership told me that Acura as a whole won't (isn't suppose to i guess) give you a loaner under the age of 21. So i guess hrj_1985 lucked out! I would take it back to them and make it known what kind of shape the car was in to the manager. I would think they should take care of that!
Old 11-24-2006, 04:41 PM
C'mon, man! Row yer own.

You can find Acura customer service by clicking here. You should also call that dealership and speak with the General Mgr (not a flunky service or sales mgr) and tell them about your experience and that your next contact will be with Acura and with the District Sales Mgr (DSM).

There's no excuse for them not listening to your problem, addressing it professionally, and leaving your car cleaner than they found it -- a nice wash costs them nothing and should be expected from a "premium" marque such as Acura.
Old 11-24-2006, 05:44 PM
Intermediate

Yeah... I definitely agree that South Coast Acura's Service Department has it's issues. I was highly disappointed with my last visit earlier this month. I won't be going back there again. Too bad too... It's so close to my work.

I usually get those annoying followup calls from either the dealership or Acura itself asking how (un)satisfied I was with my visit... I told them what happened. Hopefully it will help improve their service.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:00 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by ocAdamR
Yeah... I definitely agree that South Coast Acura's Service Department has it's issues. I was highly disappointed with my last visit earlier this month. I won't be going back there again. Too bad too... It's so close to my work.

I usually get those annoying followup calls from either the dealership or Acura itself asking how (un)satisfied I was with my visit... I told them what happened. Hopefully it will help improve their service.

Yah, I am never going there again, I had a Lexus IS300 and everytime I was in there for service, waranty or not, my car got a royal treatment from the Lexus people. South Coast Acura has just lost another customer and Acura will find out about this on Monday. I had to wipe off WD-40 from my seat controls almost the whole day. The leather around the controls was soaked in that crap, and now I am worried that it will actually make it crack and damage something. I was expecting better from a luxury brand dealer. The other part that got to me is that they lied to me about adjusting my stearing wheel, instead they took out preasure from one of the tires to make the wheel sit straight.

Felix
Old 11-25-2006, 02:10 AM
Advanced

Hey Guys,

Do you know where I can contact acura and tell them about this situation with South Coast Acura?

Please stay away from these moron's because my passanger's seat is still making nois e and to be treated like this I would expect it from FORD, when you buy a 5k pinto, not from a luxury car maker like Acura.

Thanks for Listening

Felix
why the fukk would you go to south coast acura. that place SUCKS DICK. the owners are the biggest scumbag assholes ever and it's rated the worst acura dealership in all of CA. next time go to Tustin Acura. they won the acura precision team award 5 years in a row and won't treat you like a piece of shit.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:11 PM
Nikonian

Wow. I didn't know South Coast Acura was that bad. My experience from them (parts department) have been good however. I hear Weir Canyon is a good place for service here in SoCal.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:25 PM
VSA Rocks

Yah, I am never going there again, I had a Lexus IS300 and everytime I was in there for service, waranty or not, my car got a royal treatment from the Lexus people. South Coast Acura has just lost another customer and Acura will find out about this on Monday. I had to wipe off WD-40 from my seat controls almost the whole day. The leather around the controls was soaked in that crap, and now I am worried that it will actually make it crack and damage something. I was expecting better from a luxury brand dealer. The other part that got to me is that they lied to me about adjusting my stearing wheel, instead they took out preasure from one of the tires to make the wheel sit straight.

Felix
Your statement in bold says it all. I think many folks that expect the "premium brand treatment" are the most dissapointed. Whenever I see the royal treatment Mercedes-Benz owners get, I become envious and jealous.

I've gotten crappy customer service from almost ALL Acura dealers in So Cal: Tustin, Thomas in Covina (absolute worst), Cerritos, and so on. To make matters worse for you, you might have gotten some age discrimination as well. I'm well over 25 now, and the worst I've ever received from a transportation-standpoint was a ride in the stinky shuttle van. They didn't even offer that?

Put things in perspective: Acura is NOT a premium brand. Lexus and MB owners enjoy the better service at a premium cost. I'd rather have the dependable and affordable car.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:48 PM
Racer

lol... Lexus charges $140 for oil change service where Acura only $40... it says it all about how premium Acura service is...
Old 11-27-2006, 10:09 PM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Black_6spd
Put things in perspective: Acura is NOT a premium brand. Lexus and MB owners enjoy the better service at a premium cost. I'd rather have the dependable and affordable car.
There's a Mercedes dealer near my brother's school, and I noticed that when they open, they suddenly have 2 long lines of benz's to be serviced...sometimes they reach the street. I've also noticed on a few occassions a couple of benz's pointed away from the dealership, but they're stalled in the middle of the street only about 1/4 mile away lol

Acura isn't a premium brand, but they're trying to improve their reputation. In a few years, they might just be as expensive as Toyota's Lexus. Acura just made some bad decisions early in it's life, and now it's facing the consequences and is playing catch-up. They have to give all the options as standard and charge a lower price to get people to consider them. But with all the recent changes (killing the RSX, introducing the turbo RDX), you can tell they're trying hard to work their way up.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:31 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Some places just seem to appreciate their reputation a lot more than other dealerships.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:22 PM
10th Gear

I have great service everytime I go to South Coast Acura. They treat me fine & get my car done quickly
Old 11-29-2006, 03:37 PM
Team Owner

^ South Coast Acura Representative?

rawr.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:42 PM
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Bu...anyID=98001903
Old 11-29-2006, 03:51 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jenny acura
I have great service everytime I go to South Coast Acura. They treat me fine & get my car done quickly
Do you go there every day?
Old 11-29-2006, 05:12 PM
jgs

Weir Canyon and Tustin Acura

I've taken my TSX to both Weir Canyon Acura and Tustin Acura for service (oil change, etc.). The customer service provided at both dealerships has always been top notch. I'd recommend them to anyone.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:22 PM
Racer

Sorry to hear it...I would say that Acura had a long way to go with BMW type service like the free car wash and detail on Saturdays (even if its raining) and the loaner car they gave me because it was going to take more than 30 minutes for the oil change. Acura charges me 20 bucks if I want it washed and detailed if its not a service call.

I was kinda put off that it took them 5 hours to replace the headlight assembly when I had the condensation problem, but they also replaced the HID bulbs for me in case the bulbs had been "damaged." which wasnt in the TSB or Recall info. No loaner TSX though, I got put in a enterprise van and carted off to my house.

In Acura's defense, maybe its because people as a whole that buy Acuras or Hondas are nicer people than the ones that buy BMWs...you wouldnt believe some of the complete asses Ive met while waiting in the service department there, its like the planet revolves around them That being said, if you spend 30, 40 or whatever on a "lux" brand, you should have the same type treatment IMO
Old 11-29-2006, 08:45 PM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by L1StarTSX
Sorry to hear it...I would say that Acura had a long way to go with BMW type service like the free car wash and detail on Saturdays (even if its raining) and the loaner car they gave me because it was going to take more than 30 minutes for the oil change.
When I took my TSX in for an oil change, the service advisor told me it'll take a little longer for the oil change because they were going to wash my car. I think he estimated 1.5 hours, but I got my car back in about 45 minutes.

EDIT: As for Jenny Acura above, it's interesting how this thread got her around to registering and responding...
Old 11-29-2006, 09:20 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by SoCaliTrojan
When I took my TSX in for an oil change, the service advisor told me it'll take a little longer for the oil change because they were going to wash my car. I think he estimated 1.5 hours, but I got my car back in about 45 minutes.

EDIT: As for Jenny Acura above, it's interesting how this thread got her around to registering and responding...

Indeed.

Old 11-29-2006, 10:14 PM
No-navi, yo

Hi, Jenny

Time to bust it out as the welcome from AcuraZine --
Old 11-30-2006, 12:02 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by SoCaliTrojan

Yeah, Acura has always washed my car if they chain the oil or do anything else. But they don't wash it if you bring it in on a weekend just to have it washed for free, they charge you 20 bucks for it. It's the little things sometimes, but then again the 330ci cost almost double, so for that price they should give you some free stuff.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:55 AM
Instructor

give Planet Acura in Downey a try. they fixed all my problems the first time around, gave me a loaner, and were just plain nice about it.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:01 AM
5th Gear

I havta agree....

In 1996 when I was getting ready to buy my first new car, I was 18 at the time, the salesmen @ South Coast Acura igonored me!! I don't know if it was because I was young or the fact that I'm a female. I had gone with a male friend to look at their cars...at the time I knew what I wanted...Integra, and knew the basic info on the car. The salesman keep talking to my male friend. Being the outspoken and bold person I am...I spoke up. Told the dealer that I had $25000 in cash to buy this car and he would not be seing a penny of it since he refused to talk to me, then I walked out....with him on my tail! LOL Ended up buying the car at Cerritos. Well, 10 years later....I wrecked the integra, roll-over...yeah it's totalled! ERRR! So, who gets my business?!? Not South Coast!!! LOL I ended up getting my Glacier Blue Metalic TSX @ Cerritos...was in and outta there in 2 hours max...WAY TO GO CERRITOS!! My salesman, Fernando, ROCKS!!! He's a cutie too!!

BTW-had a bad experience with service at Tustin Acura....do they not know how to tighten spark plugs or what!!! Nearly blew my hood off the integra!!
Old 11-30-2006, 09:09 AM
sca
Cruisin'

Felix,

I am sorry that your vehicle was not fixed correctly. The loaner age policy is set by the insurance company from Acura. My service staff can give you a ride home as we provide shuttle service. You called Acura customer service and I received your complaint but you ask not to be called. My customer relation manager did call and left a message because what happen it is important to us. I would like the chance to fix what was done but I know we can not fix the first immpression. I can tell you that this has been discussed with my service director and changes will be made to our quality check system. Please contact me to resolve any issues you have I would like a second chance.

Sincerely,

Matt Moloci
owner
South Coast Acura
Old 11-30-2006, 09:35 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^^ Nice. This is the first time I've seen a dealership seek you out on Azine to try to right a wrong. Let us know how things work out.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:48 AM
o-qua tangin wann

Nice to see an apology and an attempt to do the job right, but it should've been done right the fist time.