so are the forums dead or...

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 08:49 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so are the forums dead or...

have I been checking them so much the last week or two during class that they seem dead? jeez people post about stuff!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-18-2009, 09:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Economy hits A-zine lol
Old 09-18-2009, 10:38 PM
Instructor

ok ill throw out a random question:

say i decide to race some guy in my auto tsx. i put it into sport shift mode. heres the question: what is the strategy on shifting? do you shift when you basically max out the gear then shift up? or do you want to get to the highest gear ASAP and shift when youre about 80% through?
Old 09-19-2009, 03:29 AM

Received 322 Likes on 182 Posts
I noticed that ever since the whole forum changed it's layout, which I don't remember how long that's been, the TSX category has gone dead. And I don't know why......

(get rid of the @ cause acurazine censors the whole word)

mod edit-if you know Acurazine edits it, then you should know that you're not supposed to try and fool the computer, so don't do it.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:14 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by mdkxtreme
I noticed that ever since the whole forum changed it's layout, which I don't remember how long that's been, the TSX category has gone dead. And I don't know why......

(get rid of the @ cause acurazine censors the whole word)
I recently joined. But at first, it seemed AZ was often posted on, but lately it's been the other site
Old 09-20-2009, 01:56 PM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
one reason may be that many members (including myself) recently started class again? i dunno
Old 09-20-2009, 07:45 PM
Instructor

The other site that's just about TSX has more traffic.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:01 PM
Modding newbie

Maybe everyone said everything they had to say in the previously busy period. Everything involving people has its ups and downs, azine isn't any different.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:16 AM
Special-K

I think everything has been talked about. Until more people start upgrading to new parts. I,H and E is old news. Need more talk about Kpro, Superchargers, Turbos and Nitrous. But no one is seriously modding anymore.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:46 AM
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 122 Posts
The other site seems to have alot of the old forum members from here.

Also, IMO, this whole forum has turned into a bunch of cynics (me included) when Acura design took a nose-dive (pun intended). Nothing to get excited about to generate traffic.

Even if you were to get excited about something Acura has coming out, you tend to get beat up for supporting Acura. In short, Acura's faux pas means a reduction in buzz and hence, traffic.

The site other than this caters to a TSX specific audience that typically isn't critical. If you don't have TSX there, there is almost no point in being there.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:51 AM
I Quit

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
I think we're all noticing a globally down economy right now keeping alot of people from modding. You also have alot of college kids on here that can't mod because they have to pay tuition and other school related expenses.

However; welcome to the new economy! If you want to see traffic go look in the BM and notice how many people are selling their mods to generate some extra income to compensate for high taxes and being laid off....

Props to the current US admin for wanting to raise taxes
Old 09-21-2009, 12:22 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by deadlyklappy12887
ok ill throw out a random question:

say i decide to race some guy in my auto tsx. i put it into sport shift mode. heres the question: what is the strategy on shifting? do you shift when you basically max out the gear then shift up? or do you want to get to the highest gear ASAP and shift when youre about 80% through?

Mike, I don't know why you ask everyone else these questions when I tell you the right answer every time.

Here's a prime example, lets say you're going to run a foot race tomorrow against yourself. Both of you have the same strength and everything. The only difference is that you decide toget 20% less sleep than the other guy. The guy that lost 20% is now only putting out 80% of his performance where the guy who got 100% sleep is now performing at 100%. The guy that is going 100% will win. Basically what I'm saying is, stay away from your bitch shift when racing anyone because your brain can't shift faster than an automatic. Your car knows when to shift at that exact rpm and in your case I believe your car shifts at 7600 at redline.

Tho I know someone else is going to comment on this and say "well you're wrong because what about when you're launching". Okay Mike here's another scenario. You can kick it down a gear put your revs where they are high enough where you can get a good start, and lets say from a 30mph roll. when you hit it, hit it and put if back in D. I personally don't know how well the tranny is put together on the TSX but I'm assuming that's how it's done.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. But I'm pretty sure if you decide to Bitch-shift you will have slower 1/4mi times rather than leaving it in drive.

Last edited by IDOSEO; 09-21-2009 at 12:26 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:57 PM
Instructor

i dont think i ever asked you this question before lol i would if i could get ahold of you sometime lol ur always busy
Old 09-21-2009, 02:40 PM
Modding newbie

Originally Posted by IDOSEO
Your car knows when to shift at that exact rpm and in your case I believe your car shifts at 7600 at redline.

Tho I know someone else is going to comment on this and say "well you're wrong because what about when you're launching".

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. But I'm pretty sure if you decide to Bitch-shift you will have slower 1/4mi times rather than leaving it in drive.
I'd challenge the fact that your car knows when to shift in that situation. Automatic transmissions are designed to reduce engine stresses. That's the only reason they shift. They have no idea when the right time to shift is to achieve better acceleration or lower track times, or anything like that.
I've never raced an automatic tranny, but I'd assume they're in first gear at the launch which is the gear you'd put it in to bitchshift so uhh what's the difference when you're launching?
Even when bitchshifting, your tranny shifts when it wants to. Just because you moved the lever from 1 to 2 doesn't make your tranny shift. Moving the lever later may "force" it to rev higher than it normally would, but if it goes to redline normally, there's no difference between bitchshifting and not. If it doesn't normally shift at redline, you could force it to rev longer than it should which would slow you down, but you can't force it to shift earlier than it normally would so I see no benefit in bitchshifting.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:14 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
I don't race my Autotragic.

Old 09-23-2009, 12:59 PM
Advanced

I agree with itchytoe... the automatic tranny isn't that smart. I drive a 5AT and God knows I wish it was a 6MT but at the time when I bought my car I couldn't find a 6MT by the time I needed it.

That said I've gone through some experimenting with my 5AT. I use the sportshift mode simply because I feel like I'm in better control of my car. I've always taken my car to redline or slightly past in a race scenario. When in D the car shift right at or just before redline. I've learned the lag on the sportshift mode and know when to bump the shifter so the car will shift right when I want it to.

When running against my friends my lack of HP is made up for in the length of gears. When they have to shift I can stay WOT. And no the tranny will not shift it self as soon as you hit redline. Fuel cut off is first. Also, in order to maintain power through a corner by staying in a low gear I use sportshift. Those are just my experiences. Again I wish I had a 6MT but I'll make do till I can afford to buy something else...hopefully next summer.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:32 PM
Pro

um the bitchshift pulls better 0-60 times than just D...

and bitchshift is better than no shift at all i guess? helps with the cornering, hate a little less... redline is 7200.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:09 PM
Advanced

Don't know about it pulling harder...never seen any information supporting that but I don't feel a difference. But yes redline is 7200 but not if you get the reflash!
Old 09-28-2009, 09:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
I get mroe than twice as many TSX referrals from "the other site"...
Old 09-28-2009, 09:40 PM

Received 322 Likes on 182 Posts
I think the TSX part of this site is dead because before the layout change, you were able to view recently posted threads right on the front page. I know that you can still view recently post thread site wide, but its ALL the way at the bottom. Back then, whenever I posted a question about my TSX, I would almost get an instant reponse because my post was right there on the front page, in clear view. After that was taken out (moved to the bottom) in the new layout, threads in the TSX category just dropped dramatically. I would post a question and would get a response the next day, instead of the next hour like how it used to be. Just my thought though. I cater the "other site" more since it's dedicated to the TSX and I get more help. Also, the other site has a great DIY section. I now only come here solely for Ramblings and not much else.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:23 PM
Instructor

they live