A Sad Good-Bye........

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 09:09 PM
Evil Empire Peon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know if this is even possible, but can you talk to a lawyer and ask to see if you can get an arbitration?

Then get an independent repair shop to estimate the total damage to the car, and then let the arbitrator decide if the car is totalled or not?

Just a thought I was having when walking home.
Old 01-23-2004, 12:30 AM
Pro

How much more totalled can the car get? I agree that it will be totalled totally. We're all glad you made it out in one piece.

Always wear your seatbelt for everyone here that does not. Never know when freak incidents like this can happen. A sad good-bye to your TSX.
Old 01-23-2004, 07:59 AM
wiz
Pro

Sorry, I come and go days at a time. I wish I still had the pictures of when I crashed my jeep, but I think they got washed away with a hard drive format or something...although I might still have them somewhere. If I can find them I'll dig them up.

Ok, so I've been in a few fender benders in my life. I got rear-ended in my 1999 Grand Prix GT Coupe on the connector in Downtown Atlanta and was pushed into the Integra in front of me, but no breaking of the body or anything. I rear-ended a lady in my 1990 Thunderbird SC after the ABS system failed on it (it still doesn't work right), but that only crunched a head light.

So I had a 1986 Jeep CJ-7. Black on black with 32" mud tires. I loved that thing, it had a straight 6 in it with a 5 speed tranny and sweet power steering so it was a blast to drive. So I was going down this country road one Saturday afternoon enjoying the nice sunny day with the top off during the middle of summer. I'm not sure what happened but I either looked in the mirror or looked down at the speedo or something, but I took my eyes off the road for just a minute, and that's when it happened.

Next thing I know I'm off into the ditch next to the road (which was about 3 feet below the road). Now, being in a Jeep, going into the ditch is not that bad. I think I was going probably around 40 to 45 MPH and I was on the brakes. If the ditch had kept going I would have been fine and probably been able to put the Jeep in 4WD and pulled out of the ditch. However, there was a culvert just soon after I went into the ditch. Now for those of you who do not know what a culvert is (not sure if I'm spelling it correctly), it's the big mound of earth that goes across a ditch so that you can cross over it with a car.

So I hit this thing head on going 40 or so MPH and do a complete flip in the air. Now the old CJ jeeps were made out of steel, not fiberglass. I crunched that thing into a V shape. I was lucky that I only flipped once in the air and then I landed back on my tires again, but still in the ditch. I went over the culvert, probably about 15 feet through the air.

So about 4 people saw this happen live. They all stopped to help me thank goodness. I never lost conciousness through the whole thing and I still remember the dirt flying up and hitting me in the head. The Jeep was in a V now. The windshield flew out, as did the cooler (no alcohol in it) and my cell phone and my badge for work (never found it). My sunglasses flew off my face, the steering wheel was forced down on my legs so far that they had to cut it off just to get me out. The body crunched a corner of my Birkenstock sandal (luckily not the part with my foot in it) and held it so tight they had to wrestle it out of there. The battery exploded and I got acid all over my shorts which gave them a nice holy look (although miraculously none got on me). It was pretty crazy and the worst thing I had ever been through.

Now to my injuries. I'm a big guy, 6'0, about 275 lbs. The doctor said that if I had not been such a big guy, I probably would have sustained worse injuries. The seat belt tore me up across my neck on the left side of my body as well as my ribs (bruised ribs). I hit my head on the roll bar (which was cushioned) and suffered a mild concussion. Upon impact, my hand flew up and I hit myself in the mouth and busted my own lip (1 stitch), and also had mischellaneous cuts all around my body (one on my thumb that required one stitch as well). Through it all though, I was able to walk away, even though they strapped me to that damn board and took me to the hospital anyway. The Jeep was toast though, and I went and took pictures of it and let the junkyard have it as I didn't want to even try to fix it (I hardly had $2k in it).

So that's my story...lesson learned, keep your damn eyes on the road!
Old 01-23-2004, 09:49 AM
Do I Make You Horny?

OMG WIZ! im glad that your ok! thanks for sharing, also!

how long ago did this happen? and where at?

glad your ok bro!

also, do you still have some pain every now and then, or are you mostly ok?
Old 01-24-2004, 03:38 PM
Advanced

You should definately be contacting a lawyer. That is the first thing I did when I was in my accident with my 00' Accord. I believe it is if the damages are more than 60% of the cars value, they declare it totaled. My damages were about $8500.00 and my cars value was $18,500.00 and they wound up totaling it because Jon Hall Honda stated that the firewall was damaged and that the car would never be even CLOSE to the same as it was. At first I wanted the car to be repaired, but after seeing it again at the shop (I actually found out when I went there to give them the key to take my rims off), I thought maybe it's better for me to just have it totaled and take the money for it. I miss that car alot but it was better this way.

Your car will most likely be totaled. I would be speaking to a lawyer in a heart beat. With the damages that you have spoken about, especially the frame damage, I would say that this car is no way as safe as what it was when you first bought it. That's what the lawyer & you should be using against the insurance company. Good luck and again it's good that you walked away from this. Stay strong bro.
Old 01-26-2004, 07:08 AM
wiz
Pro

I'm good to go nowadays. The only pain I suffer from now is when I play flag football, or softball and since I'm not in the greatest of shape, my muscles just ache. The biggest problem I have now is that I have 2 bones that are kind of protruding out of my body, but neither have to do with the accident. Well they have to do with AN accident, but not the one with the jeep (be aware, if you ever get into mountain biking, take heed to going down steep hills with jagged rocks, and crossing creeks with slippery beds).

Anyway, this happened in Georgia where I live, just East of Atlanta on Hwy 212. It'll be 3 years ago this summer that it happened. I had just been working at my current job for not even a year.

And since I know you're all going to ask about the bones, here's what happened. I was mountain biking in the woods with some friends and I crossed this small creek and slipped and fell over sideways on some slick moss. Well I hit my knee and basically I have scar tissue right under the end of the bone in the front of my leg (dunno the name of it) right below the knee cap. Well it protrudes a little bit out of my leg now and you can feel the slight lump there. I have what they call "jumper's knee" (the same thing Vince Carter had last year) in both of my legs, and it can get very painful at times.

The other one is my right shoulder (and I'm right handed, isn't that fabulous?). I was going down a short little hill that was rocky and rooty and I hit it just right and over the handlebars I went. I did a perfect tuck and roll, but when you're tucking 270+ lbs. into a tuck and roll going downhill, my shoulder just could not handle the force. I suffered a mild seperation of my right shoulder, the bone at the very top that connects to my collarbone I believe. Well they did x-rays and said there was really nothing they could do. I spent a month not doing anything and the pain went away and has never come back. However I do not have the strength in my shoulder that I used to. It takes a lot of effort to do a pushup now, and I have been trying to work it's strength back up, but so far to no avail. I went back to the doctor because it sticks out a bit and he said if it is not painful, he would not recommend surgery. So it's not painful, so I just live with my bone sticking out of my shoulder. :-)

I'm still looking for the pictures of the jeep...

Oh, and needless to say, I sold my mountain bike after the shoulder injury and never looked back. I have since taken up tennis (as well as playing flag football, softball, and volleyball) to keep in shape.
Old 01-27-2004, 01:16 PM
Do I Make You Horny?

any luck of finding the picture of the jeep?

i am trying to get the shop that has my car to give me the pictures of it. they have like 10 or so they said.....

the never ending battle continues!
Old 01-28-2004, 09:35 AM
wiz
Pro

Nope, looks like the pictures are gone forever. I remember seeing them and thinking "should I save these" and then thinking why would I ever want to save them. Oh well, they were not even that great of quality...taken with my dad's 0.75 megapixel camera...heh

Good luck with the wrecked car 21...here's to hoping they total it out!
Old 02-03-2004, 09:50 AM
Do I Make You Horny?

thanks, and i hope they total it out as well.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:44 AM
Do I Make You Horny?

for all the new people around here that ahvent seen this thread yet.......
Old 03-07-2004, 08:31 AM
Advanced

What happened?
Old 03-08-2004, 10:01 AM
Do I Make You Horny?

Originally posted by jdibella
What happened?
what happened to what?

did you read the first post?
Old 09-28-2004, 01:27 PM
6 speed yo!

i kno this thread is deep old but you never got pics of it besdies the ones on cardomain?
Old 09-28-2004, 01:41 PM
Do I Make You Horny?

Originally Posted by tsxhondatuner
i kno this thread is deep old but you never got pics of it besdies the ones on cardomain?
Negative. My insurance company has TONS of pics, and i've seen them.....but, they cant release them to me untill the settlement is handled.

once that happens, i will post them.

probaly not for months though, like 5-6 months.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:54 PM
6 speed yo!

oh so what happened? how much u get from it and whats happening now?
Old 09-28-2004, 01:56 PM
Banned

yeah where did the wreck end up ?
Old 09-28-2004, 02:16 PM
Do I Make You Horny?

oh so what happened? how much u get from it and whats happening now?
i got $26,000 for it, as a trade in to honda.

they are using the car at a local acura dealer as a loaner car......

I actually saw it the other day, i know it was mine cause it still had the red calipers but it had a sticker on the back window that said "acura loaner car" and the plate was changed to a dealer plate.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:25 PM
6 speed yo!

r u serious...damn i would not want to drive that.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:26 PM
6 speed yo!

so whats with the settlement? did u end up filing something?
Old 09-28-2004, 02:35 PM
Do I Make You Horny?

r u serious...damn i would not want to drive that.
ya, but no one knows...........except for me i guess.

i cant really go into the settlement to much, but it will be big.

going after my insurance compnay, the insurance company of the car that hit me, and American Honda Corp for the SRS unit malfuntioning.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 21_in_az
i got $26,000 for it, as a trade in to honda.

they are using the car at a local acura dealer as a loaner car......

I actually saw it the other day, i know it was mine cause it still had the red calipers but it had a sticker on the back window that said "acura loaner car" and the plate was changed to a dealer plate.
wha ?! i thought that car was TOTALLY fecked up ?
Old 09-28-2004, 03:02 PM
wiz
Pro

That's amazing that they fixed the car after all you said had happened to it. That is just flat out wrong. At least Acura gave you $26,000 for it so you can recoup some damages. Here's to your settlement coming out in your favor and you never having to worry about some things for the rest of your life. I know how hard an accident can be to live with and live through, so hang in there.

So what are you driving nowadays?
Old 09-28-2004, 03:05 PM
6 speed yo!

he got an accord coupe. hmmm... the settlement sounds nice the way you are talking. but that shit takes months to years.
Old 09-28-2004, 03:35 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Holy Thread Resurrections Batman!!!!
Old 09-28-2004, 04:17 PM
Do I Make You Horny?

They gave what i paid for the car, wich was $26,000.

When i saw the car, i called my sales man and he told what they were doing and not to worry about the "integraty of the car, it ahs been fixed" to wich i very politely said

i can not understand why they would put that car into the hands of so many people.......
i knew it would become someones car eventually, but not like this.......

and, yes......I Drive an accord for the moment. Its offically for sale now, and im about to buy a 350Z.
Old 09-28-2004, 04:18 PM
Do I Make You Horny?

Originally Posted by jlukja

Holy Thread Resurrections Batman!!!!
ya it is!!
Old 09-28-2004, 05:43 PM
Orangeblood

Dude? Another car? What is that three new inside a year, year and a half?

WOW!
Old 09-28-2004, 06:12 PM
Do I Make You Horny?

Originally Posted by MarkPinTx
Dude? Another car? What is that three new inside a year, year and a half?

WOW!
YA, BUT:

1st car: totalled....bought back by Honda
2nd car: the accord Im currently driving. bought it for $25,000. i sell it while it's still worth $$, about 28k.

buy my Z car, no more cars for about 3 years!
Old 09-28-2004, 06:13 PM
Do I Make You Horny?

plus, in march im buying a boat.

and, sometime time in june or july i'll buy a truck/suv as a daily ride and park the Z in the garage.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:38 PM
6 speed yo!

shouldnt you buy a truck before the boat? or u gun be superman and pull it with the z lol. get a supercharged frontier. my brother has one. its fun
Old 09-29-2004, 12:01 PM
Do I Make You Horny?

shouldnt you buy a truck before the boat? or u gun be superman and pull it with the z lol. get a supercharged frontier. my brother has one. its fun
HAHA, nah, im gona put it on my back and carry it to the lake everytime! lol

no, for real though.......i will be using my parents SUV or dry dock it at the lake. dunno yet though, and to be honest, im not even thinking about it.
in december i will figure out the boat i want, in the price range i can afford. after that i will figure out how to go about getting it to the lake, or if im better off to just dry dock it @ the lake.

once all of that is done, i'll start hunting for the boat.
Old 09-29-2004, 01:58 PM
Instructor

Wow, this message just got kicked up on the forum and I never knew this happened way before I even joined A-tsx. Wow, this just puts into perspective how anyone at anytime could have their lives end so fast. I know everyone on the past 6 pages probably said it, but you're one lucky guy!
Old 09-29-2004, 02:57 PM
Do I Make You Horny?

Originally Posted by epkim
Wow, this message just got kicked up on the forum and I never knew this happened way before I even joined A-tsx. Wow, this just puts into perspective how anyone at anytime could have their lives end so fast. I know everyone on the past 6 pages probably said it, but you're one lucky guy!
ya, not alot of people know about this......

thanks.
Old 09-29-2004, 04:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by epkim
--SNIP-- I know everyone on the past 6 pages probably said it, but you're one lucky guy!
21 was lucky alrite but I think the real lucky one is the SOB who robbed what Wal-Mart ? and
fecked up 21's and others cars and still got away.
Old 09-29-2004, 04:16 PM
Do I Make You Horny?

Originally Posted by blackjackman
21 was lucky alrite but I think the real lucky one is the SOB who robbed what Wal-Mart ? and
fecked up 21's and others cars and still got away.
ya, that fawker got hella lucky!

but, once i get to HELL and see him there, he's dead! im gona jack the devils fork and stab his ass. then throw him into a fire.

they still ahvent caught the fawker.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:58 AM
Cruisin'

I was in a an accident this week. Some guy ran a red light and I hit his car's side. My airbags didn't deploy but I did get a blast of fireworks smelling smoke in my face. After the accident, I mentioned that to my husband, and he went and smelled the seat and wheel area. It all still smells like gun poweder. Has anyone heard of the bags discharging but not deploying before? I have/had a five month old 2006 Glacier Blue 6spd TSX w/ Nav. I loved that car! I am just happy my son wasn't in there with me.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:08 AM
Cruisin'

Thats a shot of the car
Old 09-01-2006, 10:13 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Glad to see you're okay and that no one is hurt. I'm surprised that the airbags didn't deploy...
Old 09-01-2006, 10:38 AM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
DAYUM

time for a new TSX!
Old 09-01-2006, 10:39 AM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Glad you're ok

Quick Reply: A Sad Good-Bye........