Replacing Exhaust Pipe -- Need help on muffler screw size

Old 12-11-2016, 03:54 PM
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Replacing Exhaust Pipe -- Need help on muffler screw size

Hi All,

Like the title suggests, I am going to be replacing my b-pipe. When I placed the order for the pipe, the parts guy said he couldn't order me the bolt for the driver's side muffler. I was able to find the nut as 90212-SA5-003 (10mmx1.25) but I can't seem to find anything on the actual bolt. The existing ones are rusted and I'm going to need to cut them off which means I won't be able to use the bolt again. Does anyone know the part number and if they would be the same as the cat bolts? I hope that I can knock out the old bolt too otherwise they would make it that you would need to replace the exhaust pipe too.

Thanks,
Nick
Old 12-12-2016, 11:18 AM
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 123 Posts
Those bolts are press-in or welded studs that are installed in the flange face of the driver's side mufflter. They likely only come w/ mufflter. Pax side mufflter appears to be integral w/ exhaust pipe assy. I don't know a Honda part number but they may be available aftermarket . Probably 10x1.25 x 30mm will work.

I some some forum posts which suggest they are welded to muffler flange and can only be removed w/ dremel tool or cutting torch. Once removed you could substitute bolts for studs..

good luck
Old 12-13-2016, 06:23 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by TexasHonda
Those bolts are press-in or welded studs that are installed in the flange face of the driver's side mufflter. They likely only come w/ mufflter. Pax side mufflter appears to be integral w/ exhaust pipe assy. I don't know a Honda part number but they may be available aftermarket . Probably 10x1.25 x 30mm will work.

I some some forum posts which suggest they are welded to muffler flange and can only be removed w/ dremel tool or cutting torch. Once removed you could substitute bolts for studs..

good luck
Thanks. I'll try to preserve them if I can but talk about Honda now giving a hoot about their customers and trying to ream them to buying a new muffler.
Old 12-14-2016, 04:21 PM
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 123 Posts
Walker makes some decent aftermarket parts. Looks to be OEM equivalent part.

good luck
Old 12-19-2016, 08:03 AM
Pro

I replaced the exhaust system yesterday. The nuts and bolts are the exact same ones as what are used for the Ca if anyone plans on doing this. I had to cut the B-Pipe near the Cat then heat up the bolts to knock them loose. If anyone doesn't have an acetylene torch don't even bother to take on this project.

I love how Honda is an Eco company when I have en entire trashcan full of exhaust parts (would have been a re-usable muffler) when only a smaller section needed to be replaced.

Search this Thread