Replaced Starter, Now Car Won't Start

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 07:52 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replaced Starter, Now Car Won't Start

Hey Guys,

I just changed out my starter, and now my car won't start. I'm hoping you guys can help me figure out what the hell is going on, cause it's driving my insane. Here's all that I've done.

My car has been having issues starting for a few months. Battery and alternator were both good, so I figured my '08 TSX with 180k miles needed a new starter. When swapping out the starter, I removed the IM, driver's side radiator fan and the air intake tube running from the filter to the IM. When removing that air intake tube, the rubber split open because it's so old, but I don't think that should prevent the car from starting. I've ordered a new one, but in the mean time, I can duct tape it together.

I've gone back and made sure I'm not missing and electrical connectors or hoses, and I think I've gotten them all. Now, when I try and start the car, it turns right over and sounds SO much better, so I definitely know the starter was bad. However, the car just cranks and cranks now and will not actually start. It sounds to me like the engine isn't getting fuel, but I'm not totally sure, and I don't really know where to start to diagnose this. I'm attaching an audio file of what it sounds like when I attempt to crank it.

I'm going crazy, because the engine was just fine before I swapped out the starter. Thanks in advance for the help!
Attached Files
File Type: zip
Start.zip (42.4 KB, 11 views)
Old 08-01-2016, 11:05 AM
XIS
Lizard King

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Fuel and spark...

Can you verify it is sparking?
if so, verify fuel pump is working .

Are all vacuum hoses back in their correct locations?