Rear Fog Light Turn Stock switch

Old 11-14-2013, 09:34 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear Fog Light Turn Stock switch

Ello,

Just bought an 06 CGP TSX and want to add the rear foglight. I've got an 03 GTI too and find it helpful during the winter, fog, and especially against tailgating. I've searched over the last week for wiring diagrams and part numbers for the signal stock that includes the switch, but no luck. Any posts I have found of people doing the install, the picture links are broken.

I know some people have wired it to a switch next to the VSA, but wanted to see if there was a stock option.

Thanks!
Old 11-15-2013, 10:34 AM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Rear foglight helps during bad weather and it is a feature sadly unknown in North America. It's useful when used for good reason (rain, snow, fog, poor visibility etc.) along with front fog-lights. The problem is when the kids turn them on when the weather is perfectly fine, on beautiful sunny day just to show off. They don't realize how horribly annoying it is for someone to drive behind the car that has a rear foglight on, it's almost as bad as someone pointing a laser beam in your eyes. Back in a day I also had it installed in my GTI VR6, it was cool until some one pointed it out to me. When you look at the rear foglight from close distance it seems alright and unobtrusive to the eye, the problem becomes apparent when the distance between the cars increases, that thing is annoying as fuk, almost as bad as the blue / crystal white lights people install in their regular headlights. Those asshats driving their trucks with the blue lights need to have their headlights smashed and be beaten on the side of the road. I'm sure most of us had a pleasure of driving at night in front of a fuckwit using white/blue headlights. If you want to do it, go for it but be a nice dude and use them in bad weather only. Cheers
Old 11-18-2013, 08:43 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Inclement weather

Totally agree. I often see stock audis and range rovers with it on during a clear night. I often am out from 11pm to 3am, which gets a little dicey during the winter. Having the light on the GTI on during inclement weather has stopped me from getting rear-ended twice.

I ask again, does anybody have a diagram or part numbers for the european version?

Thx!
Old 11-20-2013, 10:54 PM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
For years I was getting parts on German eBay (eBay.de)
Use words: Accord CL seitenschalter, blinkerschalter, nebellichtschalter.
Hope that helps.
Old 11-09-2017, 01:46 AM
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
Hi,
do you still need parts from Germany?
I can help you.

regards
Hans