rating the 6-speed/singing its praises

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 08:42 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rating the 6-speed/singing its praises

I was thinking of posting this message as a reply to acn684’s question about which transmission he should go with, but I decided to make it a thread starter instead. I’ve got a simple question for my fellow MT owners: how do you compare the TSX’s manual with the other manuals you’ve experienced?
I’ve owned nothing but manual-transmission cars for 30 years and have never even toyed with the idea of buying an automatic. I bought my first new car, a 1974 Mustang II, with a manual (4-speed) although I’d never driven a manual before. After a practice session in a parking lot with my mother riding shotgun, I was on my own. My anxiety was gone within a week or two.
When I replaced the Mustang with a ’76 Celica two years later, I was impressed by how much better the Toyota’s shifter and clutch were. I’ve given high marks to the manual in every car I’ve had starting with that Celica – every one has been Japanese-made, by the way – but I think the TSX is the best-shifting one of them all, hands down. The TSX is an enormously pleasing car to drive, and I consider the manual a very significant contributor to that. I love the way the shifter clicks into gear; the mechanical feel is just right. As for the clutch, the amount of pedal travel and the engagement point seem perfect, too. I wouldn’t change a thing (and that’s why I haven’t put in a short-shifter kit.)
As you just might have been able to figure out, I’m wholeheartedly recommending the manual to anyone who’s unsure about which transmission to choose.
(By the way, I’ve only driven one car with a manumatic-type automatic. It was a Lexus IS300, just after that model was introduced. That transmission – the only one available in the IS at the time -- killed my interest in the car. The interval between pushing the shift button and the shift actually being executed was just too long, and I didn’t like not having my left leg involved. When Lexus made the 5-speed manual available, my interest in the IS returned. I never bought one, though. I chose the TSX over the IS, largely because of the fold-down rear seat and the TSX’s bang-for-the-buck advantage.)
My previous manual-transmission cars:
 ’74 Ford Mustang II
 ’76 Toyota Celica liftback
 ’78 Datsun 280Z
 ’81 Mazda 626
 ’84 Toyota Celica GT-S
 ’87 Acura Integra
 ’90 Mazda RX-7 GTU (owned for 14 years and 199,000 miles)
Old 12-03-2005, 09:10 AM
Someone stole "My Garage"

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
I wholeheartedly agree - the TSX 6MT tranny is the best shifting manual I've driven.

I have the Comptech SS in it and I like it even more - crisp (w/ the metal housing bushings) and short, giving me the "snick, snick" sounds as I go through the gears. It's awesome.

I've driven a mid 90's Maxima, and of course my car of 5 years, the 1991 Integra. I liked the cable clutch on the Teg, though, but I much prefer any hydro clutch in stop-n-go traffic.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:16 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I've also driven other MT cars and the TSX has the smoothest 6MT. However, it also has the worst 1st to 2nd gear ratio spread.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:39 AM
Cruisin'

I currently have an IS300 Manual and have test driven an '05 TSX 6MT and I must say, the TSX wins hands down. The IS manual is the clunkiest/cheapest-feeling manual I have ever driven (with the exception of a 1991 Jeep Cherokee). The IS also has a dual-mass flywheel... which is very poorly executed on the IS and makes for really imprecise clutch engagement.

Other Manuals I have owned:
1984 Pontiac Sunbird (Parent's old car... clunky but precise clutch--it was cable operated)
1996 Saturn SL1 (clunky, imprecise clutch)

Other Manuals I have driven:
1991 Honda Accord (clutch was very grabby)
1991 Jeep Cherokee
1991 Honda Civic DX (no power steering but very precise transmission even @170k miles)
1996 Subaru Impreza Wagon
2001 Audi A4 (very very light shifter... almost numb, but precise. Cluch is hard to get used to)
2002 Subaru WRX (pretty good, a little clunky)
2004 Honda S2000 (very precise and easy to drive)
Old 12-03-2005, 09:42 AM
i want to ride my bicycle

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
For recent cars:
Acura TSX 6MT > Mazda 6s 5MT > Nissan Maxima 6MT > Mazda 3s 5MT

The TSX's 6MT is super smoother and the thows are very nice.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:57 AM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
this is my first 5AT, it's not that bad, SS keeps me awake. i've prefer the 6MT owning manuals in my previous cars over 13 years, of cars i've driven (owned and friends) - i would say the best is the S2000, and acura TSX/TL second.

04 acura tsx
04 acura tl
04 bmw 328
02 subaru wrx
02 honda s2000
00 audi a4
98 bmw m3
93 acura integra
90 honda accord
81 datsun 280
Old 12-03-2005, 09:59 AM
No-navi, yo

rx280, good job on starting a new tread.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:10 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
The S2000 is by far the best manual tranny I have ever driven with the TSX's second followed by the Porsche 911.

There are a lot of good manual trannys out there, but Honda definitely does the best execution in street cars. Even the Honda Civic has a good manual tranny feel.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:20 PM
C'mon, man! Row yer own.

'04 TSX > '02 RSX > '82 Civic > '91 Eclipse GS turbo > '93 Explorer

I haven't driven a lot of cars known for their great shifters but the TSX is absolutely wonderful to shift. It feels solid, direct, smooth, and "snicks" into each gear. Acura (and Honda) have figured out how to make it feel like the transmission is right beneath the shift lever. Fabulous.

I agree, though, that the 1-2 ratio is too wide and can be a little balky, but I read that is a trade-off with the heavier-duty synchro system used.
Old 12-03-2005, 02:09 PM
Yui
Pro

But for those of us who have never driven a manual, it's hard for us to appreciate it? I mean yeah if I lugged around a 12 lb notebook I'd be so happy with a 6 lb one but going from a 2lb one to a 6lb it's such a downer?
Old 12-03-2005, 02:32 PM
8th Gear

The tsx tranny is definately one of the better ones out there. My roomate just got a g35 coupe with a six speed and it is not smooth at all. In fact it feels like you are grinding it compared to the tsx. The only car that i have driven that can compare is a 3 series. Their manual seems smoother but has much longer travel.

05' ssm 6mt tsx
Old 12-03-2005, 03:03 PM
Have camera, will travel

Originally Posted by desx
The tsx tranny is definately one of the better ones out there. My roomate just got a g35 coupe with a six speed and it is not smooth at all. In fact it feels like you are grinding it compared to the tsx. The only car that i have driven that can compare is a 3 series. Their manual seems smoother but has much longer travel.

05' ssm 6mt tsx
Well, I recently drove an '06 325i, and its gearbox is definitely not as good as the TSX's. Really, it's not even close. The Bimmers, while still good, has a rubbery, notchy feel to it. I thought the car overall was great, but the TSX's gearbox is head and shoulders above.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:50 PM
The extra b is for byobb

I love everything about the manual tranny in the TSX (except for the gear spread from 1>2), but I have to say my alltime favorite transmission is the Mazda Miata. The throws are rediculously short, they even feel shorter and better than the '04 s2000 I drove around vegas. I'd probably never own one but the miata's gearbox is awesome.

PS. this thread should be re-named "tranny love"
Old 12-03-2005, 07:56 PM
6MT or Death

tranny love may invite a different audience.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:07 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by dj Dozhe
tranny love may invite a different audience.
Trannys need love too.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
Great thread.

TSX is the nicest mt I have ever driven.

- Nissan Stanza (good clutch,....needed big arms to change gears though. I learned to drive mt on this car)

Other stuff I have randomly driven (test drives/friends cars/etc,...so only limited exposure)

- 02 Maxima (didnt like the clutch or the shifter)
- 05 sentra SER spec V (pretty good,....crappy shifter knob)
- some chyrsler/dodge neon (POS,...worst ever)
- 96 sunfire (not very good)
- 05 Subaru imprezza wagon (not the wrx - didnt like how it engaged very close to the floor,....and the shifter felt really cheap)
- 05 USDM accord (very nice)
- 03 RSX (very nice)

When I test drove the TSX I was like,......ohhhhhhhhh so sweet,...like butter,.....I must have it.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:29 AM
Advanced

I also find the manual transmission on the TSX to be an great one. While I have driven several other six speeds before, typically they end up driving more like 5+1, in the case of TSX I find you actually have to drive it more as a proper six speed.

I agree with most that it is a very smooth shifting and enjoyable unit. However I do feel a better job could have been done with the clutch for a more refined feel. Likewise, first gear seems almost the odd man out in an otherwise great gearbox.

On the whole a great shifting machine; I would like to add a larger shift knob at some point, but otherwise am extremely satisfied with having the 6MT. An auto would feel like blasphemy in this car.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:01 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by West6MT
Great thread.

TSX is the nicest mt I have ever driven.
100%

Best tranny I've had the privilege of shifting as well.

Word is that a Miata tranny may have an edge though (unfortunately a 5-gear and certainly not as robust)
Old 12-09-2006, 06:22 AM
Instructor

It’s been a year since I opened this thread, and I’m reviving it in hopes of hearing from people who’ve bought 6-speed TSXs and/or become Acurazine members in the past year.
Another year of ownership – my ’04, bought new in the fall of ’03, now has 42,000 miles on it – hasn’t dulled my appreciation of the transmission in the slightest. As I said in the original post, the transmission is major contributor to my enjoyment of the car. MT fans will say they like the more-involved driving experience. I certainly agree, but there’s more to my enjoyment of an excellent manual transmission than that. It’s the sensory pleasure of operating a well-engineered and well-made mechanical system – the shifter clicking into place, the feel of the clutch engaging, the just-right pedal effort and so on.
So, come on, any 6MT owner who didn’t respond to the original post a year ago, chime in. Let’s hear what you’ve got to say about the TSX’s manual and how it compares with the manuals in other cars you’ve driven.
Old 12-09-2006, 06:40 AM
Driver/Detailer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've also owned my TSX/Accord Euro for 2 years now, and in between, I've had the chance to sample a few other manual tranny cars.

1) NB MX-5 Miata with 6-speed (both stock and with short shifter) - Stock, it is very close to the TSX. The MX-5 is slightly more precise. But... the TSX's gearbox is smoother. With the short shifter, the Miata's shift throws become very short but it totally ruins the good stock shift feel by becoming very notchy in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears..

2) B16A civic - Sloppy and loose. Long throw.

3) JDM B16B civic - Loose, but not sloppy. Average precision. Long throw.

4) DC2R Integra Type R - Varies greatly with the condition of the car. One Integra had very bad shift feel and could not get into gear properly. Another one had just as much precision in the shifting as the TSX, but with longer shift throws and slightly loose.

5) 2002 S2000 - Super short throw, super precise, and surprisingly even less sloppy than the TSX! The downside is that shifting is notchy (but it will get into gear all the time), and you have to make an effort to change gears (unlike in the TSX when you are driving relaxed and shifting by taking your time). I'd say the S2000's gearbox is amazing for spirited driving, even better than the TSX. But for daily driving, you get almost as much precision and good tightness with the TSX. If the TSX had a similar shift throw but without the notchyness that is associated with the comptech short shifter, it would be great.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:45 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Love the 6 speed.
Gotten used to the 1->2 shift and the DBW (I think), so I can be really smooth if I try a bit, usually with passengers in the car
Old 12-09-2006, 10:10 AM
TSX 1138

This thread has been very helpful. I took drivers ed in high school and they had a 1973 4MT VW Bug which I learned to drive on and then bought my first car, a 1973 Capri with 4MT as well. My other MT cars were a 1881 Toyota Tercel and my last a 1987 Honda Accord Hatchback. I've always preferred MTs but other factors in life influence what you're driving at that moment. Now I'm at a point that I get to chose my next car, without any restrictions on transmissions. After reading all the ups and downs of the TSX 6MT gearbox and hearing my wife say that I should get the 5AT, I was almost tempted to go over to the dark side.
But after reading all the comparisons posted in this thread, I know that I'll be getting the 6MT.
Thanks for your support.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:51 AM
talk about mudflaps....

The TSX 6MT is the best manual I've driven. I like how when you really push the car, the shifter seems to anticipate the next move. This manual puts a smile on my face everyday. In everyday driving, you may not need all 6 speeds, but I can't help but use all of them.

Other MTs I've driven:
- 1997 Civic (D16 non VTEC): actually lighter than the TSX, longer throws, less precise engagements, but a great tranny at the time especially considering the class of car.
- 2003 Mazda Protege5: also lighter than the TSX, throws are much longer, and the engagments are gritty, shifter seems to flex when shifting quickly.

Note: I drove a 1st gen Volvo S40 1.8 in France for a week, and it had to be the worst shifter I've ever experienced. Rubbery, vague, impossible to discern between R and 1st (which were side by side, you had to lift a ring to engage R, but that still didn't help). Still more fun along the Mediterranean coast than a slush box though!
Old 12-09-2006, 12:05 PM
Instructor

Like some of the others here, I have also only had manual transmission cars. Honda definitely makes excellent manual transmissions. All my Hondas/Acuras have shifted wonderfully. Even my 86 Civic Si (I bought it in 96) had a pretty decent 5-speed.

My 06 TSX's 6-speed rates high, but not as high as my 03 Accord's 5-speed. That was hands-down the best shifting car I have ever driven. In some respects, moving up to the TSX 6-speed was a let down. Now, after 6k miles, the shifting has gotten better and the clutch has lost some of its "sharp edges," but it still cannot match the butter-smooth shifting and clutch of my Accord.

An example: When selling the Accord, I went on a test drive with the guy who ended up buying the car. He had not driven a manual in a while, so he was trying to get used to the shifter, and having a little trouble with it. I noticed he was a little aggressive with the shifter, kind of like someone holding a rattlesnake by the neck. I told him it shifts a lot nicer if you are gentle with it. Instead of a choke-hold grip, I suggested a more subtle approach and to try to let the tranny find its gear instead of trying to ram it into its slot. Once he did that, his tension level reduced considerably...as did mine.

However, when I got my TSX, I tried the same shifting technique as I used in the Accord--fingertip pressure, snick-snick into every gear with little effort--and had troubles of my own. I have now figured out it takes a little more assertiveness with the TSX to get it to shift properly. Not aggressiveness, just a little more firmness.

The clutch is still a little touchy. I NEVER stall a car pulling away from a light. I have done it four or five times in my TSX. I find I must apply a little more concentration for smooth clutch engagements in 1st and 2nd gears than most cars I've driven. It actually works much better when driven a little harder. My problems are usually when I'm stuck behind some slowpoke in traffic.

So is the TSX best? No. Is it good? Absolutely!
Old 12-09-2006, 12:56 PM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I hadn't driven a manual tranny car for at least 10 years when I decided to test drive the TSX. It was so smooth and easy, I had no problems with it at all. I didn't stall (or even have that stupid DBW hesitation thing at the time). It was so nice I decided to buy the TSX.

About 10 years ago, I drove a Saab 900s Turbo (I can't remember the year...I was starting to drive around that time lol) and a BMW 528e. The BMW seemed so soft...I couldn't get it to drive aggressively enough for me (might as well have had an automatic). The Saab was pretty good though...I liked it as much as my TSX. The difference would be greater if only they'd make DBW an option...
Old 12-09-2006, 01:06 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
I'd have to agree with CGPTSX. The S2000 is probably one of the best feeling transmissions I've ever driven. The TSX was up there as well when I test drove the 6MT. I drove a 2004 Subaru WRX Sedan for a while and got used to the brutal clutch which made driving a Honda 6MT a LOT easier haha.
Old 12-09-2006, 05:53 PM
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Both the G35 and WRX have a notchy, grinding kind of feel to their manuals. Its just cant compared to a Honda/Acura manual. When I was buying my car I told them it has to be a manual.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WOAh! my threads been referred too...lol hotness.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:33 AM
Pro

I too love the 6MT of the TSX. I was reminded of how precise the feel is when I drove my inlaws' 04 Civic the other day. The 5-speed felt loose and a bit rubbery. Nothing like the accuracy of the TSX's manual. IMHO, the 6MT is the best feature of the car.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:30 AM
White-Ebony-6spd

I came from a B16 del sol and the transmission on that was very notchy and there was just too much resistance in between each gear. I just got my tsx for 4 days so I'm just getting used to the transmission. So far everything about it has been great
Old 12-12-2006, 10:09 PM
Registered Car Nut

Love the 6MT on my TSX. It gets a bit stiff when it gets cold, but once it gets warmed up, it is one of the best manual I've ever driven.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:38 PM
Instructor

I started this thread two years ago this month and revived it a year later. Now I'm reviving it again, figuring that people who’ve bought 6-speed TSXs and/or become Acurazine members in the past year might be interested in what's been written and might want to chime in with their thoughts on the TSX's manual transmission and how it compares with other manuals they've used.
I had a new TSX, an automatic, as a loaner a few months ago, and the experience just reinforced my belief that the TSX and its manual are a phenomenal match. Right from the day I took delivery, back in October of 2003, the manual has been a real treat to use. It remains one of the major reasons why I consider the TSX the most enjoyable car I've owned -- even more fun than a couple of sports cars. It's been 54,000 miles of great shifting.
So let's hear it from anyone else who'd like to give his or her impressions of the TSX's manual and offer some comparisons.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:10 PM
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
* 78 280Z 2+2
* 91 300ZX
* 97 2.2 CL

(Friend's cars)
* 91 Civic Si
* 07 Civic coupe
* Mazdaspeed 3

I learned on the 280Z's 5speed, it really needed a short shifter and new bushings. The throws were long and it felt mushy (but it was a 30yr old car). My dad's 300zx was such a pain to drive, it was even harder to drive then the TSX at first and the seating position was iffy. My old CL had a good transmission, it just felt like I was driving a semi-truck , I would have to extend my arm out fully to go from 3-4th gear. I

I didnt like my friend's JDM'd out Civic, the cable clutch felt weird. The 07 Civic wasn't bad at all, it was just underpowered. The Mazdaspeed's tranny just felt a little rough.

By far the TSX is the best manual tranny I've driven. The clutch is really sensitive, but you get used to it after a while and the throws are so nice and short and crisp . The only thing is I wish 1st-2nd gear was a little smoother, if you wind it out in 1st its hard to shift smoothly into 2nd (or maybe its just me).
Old 12-12-2007, 05:16 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by zguy95135
The only thing is I wish 1st-2nd gear was a little smoother, if you wind it out in 1st its hard to shift smoothly into 2nd (or maybe its just me).
You need to slow your shift down by a fraction of a second to give the synchronizers time to do their job. The biggest ratio gap in the gearbox is 1st to 2nd and the higher your engine RPMs, the bigger RPM difference between the gears. You can feel when the synchros start engaging if you pay attention to it. It's almost as soon as you move the shifter down from the neutral position into the gate. Just slow down by a fraction of second through that first segment of the travel and the gear will engage much smoother. Make sure you fully disengage the clutch and get all the way off the throttle before you start your clutch work so you don't spin the gearbox up on your way out of first.

I too love the gearbox on this car. I've heard a lot of talk about the S2000 gearbox, but that it is a direct shift gearbox and as such, in a whole different league from any car that uses any kind of linkage to connect the shifter to box. I love how butter smooth the TSX slides betwixt the gears. It doesn't feel at all like it's lacking feedback, it's just a super slick gearbox. I've driven a ton of other stick shift vehicles, and honestly, the TSX is untouched in this regard.

The only thing that could make it better is a sequential gearbox but for some reason, there's a belief that it would be too impractical for the road. I dunno, it works awesome on my bike where I've got tons of other things to deal with, like not falling over while I come to a stop and shift down to neutral at the same time.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I am a noob at MT, but I feel the TSX transmission CAN be very notchy at times. Not every shift is buttery smooth. Also, the car is very unforgiving at times. If your timing and footwork are not perfect, it tends to jerk more than the other MT cars I learned with. Again, this could just be because I suck at driving MT. However, my gf has the same complaints and she owned 4 MT cars in the last 5-6 years. I still love it, especially when it is in a good mood.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:39 PM
NoVA

i agree.. the tsx has had the best i have ever had..

List of cars

98 DX CIVIC COUPE
97 ECLIPSE GS
Old 12-12-2007, 08:52 PM
rb1
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by LukeaTron
You need to slow your shift down by a fraction of a second to give the synchronizers time to do their job. The biggest ratio gap in the gearbox is 1st to 2nd and the higher your engine RPMs, the bigger RPM difference between the gears....
Somehow, I ended up with one that behaves just the opposite of what you would expect, especially when the transmission is cold.

If I shift 1-2 at 2500 RPM (really to low except for granny driving), it drops in smoothly.

Between 2500 RPM and 3500 RPM, it either very strongly resists dropping into 2nd smoothly, or it almost grinds if it does drop in quickly.

Above 4000 RPM, it's smooth as silk. Go figure -- I sure can't explain it.

After things warm up, the problematic RPM range from 2500 - 3500 improves a good deal, but it's still not as smooth as it should be.

I also have similar issues from 5-6, which makes me wonder if the clutch is not always completely disengaging and dragging on the input shaft while you are shifting...
Old 12-12-2007, 09:53 PM
PWP/ebony/6MT/Navi

Great thread, and great job at reviving it for all the new 6MT AZ members on its anniversary

While I haven't had the opportunity to drive as many different MTs as a lot of members here (despite the fact I've been driving MTs for 15 years!), I've driven a ton of Honda-family MTs, and from what I have driven, the TSX 6MT is the one that is the most fun to drive. Smooth and slick, and love the 6th speed! Plus passengers' heads don't go bobbing back and forth in this car at all whereas they often did in my old 98 Civic heh heh (you could always tell when I didn't like my passengers)

I love the extra power you get with the 6MT - the loaner I had shortly after I got this car in June while they replaced my windshield was exactly the same year (without navi though) and 5AT. I couldn't wait to get my own car back, I felt like I didn't have the same power or control, even with the sportshift option. And it wasn't as much fun to drive! I knew (even though auto was never an option in my mind when I was looking at cars) I had made the right choice!
Old 12-12-2007, 09:59 PM
rb1
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by WhiteDragon07
I love the extra power you get with the 6MT - the loaner I had shortly after I got this car in June while they replaced my windshield was exactly the same year (without navi though) and 5AT. I couldn't wait to get my own car back, I felt like I didn't have the same power or control, even with the sportshift option. And it wasn't as much fun to drive! I knew (even though auto was never an option in my mind when I was looking at cars) I had made the right choice!
Yes. On top of the extra 5-10% of drivetrain losses you get with the AT, the MT gearing is much shorter, which adds to the ooomph. I purchased a TSX after driving other car that had much more torque at the crank, but taller gears. It's all in the gearing...

Old 12-12-2007, 10:01 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree with most of the comments here on the TSX 6MT. I sit in a lot of stop and go traffic during my work commute, and find it to be a lot less forgiving in terms of N-1st, and 1st-2nd than some other manuals I've driven. Of course my main comparison is to a 2003 Civic, which is not nearly as smooth or as crisp, but much more forgiving in traffic nonetheless.

Unfortunately, my TSX was totaled after only a month of ownership. I loved the car so much, but couldn't find a black on black with 6MT and Navi anywhere nearby... but low and behold, I found this combination in the form of an 05 TL. I was worried that I'd take a step back in terms of satisfaction with the transmission, but it seems to be every bit as slick and precise.

Anyone else here have extended time behind the wheel of a 6MT TL and TSX? I'm curious to hear how you feel they compare.

Quick Reply: rating the 6-speed/singing its praises