Radio Code Entry with Broken Navigation

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 11:13 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radio Code Entry with Broken Navigation

I bought a used '08 TSX for my son with a navigation system that doesn't work. He was able to still use the radio until the battery died and had to be replaced. It is now asking for a code which we have but cannot enter due to the broken navigation. Does anyone know of a work-around for this?
Old 03-17-2019, 12:17 PM
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 123 Posts
On earlier models of Acuras the code was entered with the radio preset numbers. Perhaps this will work if all code digits are <= 6?

good luck
Old 03-17-2019, 03:29 PM
Stay Out Of the Left Lane

Received 1,236 Likes on 1,023 Posts
I was thinking the same. I replaced the battery on my daughter's Accord a couple of years back and keyed the radio ID on the presets as her car does not have nav.
Old 03-20-2019, 07:15 PM
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by mrastenis
I bought a used '08 TSX for my son with a navigation system that doesn't work. He was able to still use the radio until the battery died and had to be replaced. It is now asking for a code which we have but cannot enter due to the broken navigation. Does anyone know of a work-around for this?
mrastenis:

I also have navigation in my car. It is also broken. Recently had to change my battery. I was able to enter code without the navigation screen. There is little screen above the air conditioning vents. With the radio tuner, you can move the numbers up and down and look at little screen. When the number is correct, push the tuner in. Then you can continue to do this for the rest of the numbers in the code. This should work. Let us know.
Old 03-30-2020, 11:40 PM
Cruisin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I just bought a 2003 Acura TL S-type and this forum helped me find a few solutions to things so I thought I'd join to share the knowledge I've gained thus far that I haven't been answered here.

1. Your radio code is entered using your fm channel buttons, there are 6. If you do not have your radio code handy open your glove box and look on the outside and inside to see if it is on a sticker, you can also see if there is a sticker underneath the fuse box and lastly look in your dealer service record pamphlet, the service department or the first owner may have (hopefully)wrote it in there. If you still cannot find the radio code sit in your car, turn your key to ACC and make sure your radio is turned off. Put back to OFF position and place one finger on the "1" and "6" preset station buttons and hold it there while you turn your key to the ACC and turn your radio back on (ALL WHILE HOLDING THE 1 & 6 BUTTONS). You will see a series of numbers, the first will begin with a "U" and the second will start with the "L", write these numbers down. Ignoring the U and L, write these numbers down, respectively, that is your radio's serial number.

Then you can go to https://radio-navicode.acura.com/ and input your information and your vehicle's VIN. As long as the radio is the original one when the vehicle was bought, Acura will provide you your radio codes maybe even more than one to try and one of them will work unless your radio is not the original radio. The radios are registered to the VIN so if they do not match, the website will let you know, then you'd have to contact the dealer and provide them proof of ownership before they give you a radio code.

LASTLY, if you ABSOLUTELY know you have the correct radio code but you continue getting an error message, you have two choices: You can take your lower dash and side console panel and trim off to access and disconnect the antenna(search you tube), input your code, plug it back in, test it (it will start working right away), then put your vehicle back together. OR you can save a WHOLE bunch of time, go into an underground parking lot, level 2-3 should suffice. This will block your antenna signal and you can input your code and your radio will begin to work right away. I had to do both to fix my 6 CD magazine and I far prefer the latter.