Questions about extended warranty and simple mods

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 04:01 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions about extended warranty and simple mods

Just got my car yesterday. I have some questions:

(1) What's the consensus on the extended warranty? Is it worth getting? Should I be looking at 3rd party extended warranties instead? Is there some way to figure out what a fair price is (e.g., to bargain the dealer down on the asking price, the way I did with the car itself)?

(2) Any reason not to get a K&R replacement air filter? My understanding is that it gives a few extra horsepower, and doesn't need to be replaced so that it costs less in the long run to own one than it does to keep replacing with conventional paper air filters. Is this correct?

(3) I'm not into modding my car, and owning it isn't a hobby with me. That said, I like to rev it and take corners tight as much as the next guy. I'm intrigued by the CompTech RSB mod. Any reason to stay away from this? I have a friend who has basically a professional garage at his house (including a lift). If neither of us have ever done a RSB replacement before, but we have access to all the proper tools, is this something we should be able to do ourselves, or should I be factoring in the cost of professional installation when I consider this mod?

Thanks!
Old 07-29-2005, 07:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't hesitate in installing the RSB. It's cheap and easy, and really makes a world of difference. Search the forum, you'll find an incredible amount of information.