Proud Owner of 2nd 2006 TSX 6mt in Washington St.

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 08:39 PM
TSX n00b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Proud Owner of 2nd 2006 TSX 6mt in Washington St.

Yesterday was the best day of my life. I picked up my brand spanking new 2006 TSX!!! It is carbon grey on ebony non-navi and looks absolutely beautiful. I was skeptical about a lot of things when I decided to go with the 06 instead of the 05 but you would not understand how happy I am to have waited for the 06. It is a sick car that has met all of my dreams and even surpassed them. I used to drive a 2000 Toyota Tacoma which was lifted and all done up, and I can't even explain how much better the TSX is. God I love it.

Anyway, I just wanted to throw in some of my opinions about the new car. The first thing I would like to say is the aux audio jack was my favorite part. I am a huge music fan and have a brand new 60gig iPod. The first thing I did when the dweebie salesman let me go is plug in my iPod. Nothing was fucking cooler than driving down the road listening to Jeff Beck. Secondly, I love the Manual. My truck was also a manual (mt for life as far as I am concerned) but the shifter throw made shifting feel like I was rowing a boat. Now I just nudge the shifter a few inches and its golden. Also, all 6 gears have immediate power available. I was passing cars on the freeway going 80-90 mph in sixth gear with no problem at all (I guess I liked this because in my truck I had to be going at least 65 mph to even be in 5th gear) And lastly I just plain like the style of the car. When I saw the rims in the photos I was dissapointed but now I actually like them quite a bit. Also the front looks pretty sweet. I especially like the extended sills around the front wheels. Makes it look a lot more aggressive. Overall the car is sweet.

Last of all I will spill the beans of my deal with the salesman. I initially had put a deposit on a different car at a different dealship which was giving me 27,800 for it without tax and licenseing all of this WAS IN WRITING(Take note that I only got this deal after about 2 weeks of dealership shopping). I know that a lot of you guys out there in the east of this great country will say, "WOW that is effing expessive!!!" but it gets worse. About a week ago I call my salesman up to confirm that I was getting the car I wanted and he said that I need to come in and talk to him. When I went in he sat me down and said, "We can't sell the car to you for 27,800, we want full MSRP." I was like, "You have got to be fucking kidding me man... I have my damn receipt right here that both of us signed and I gave up a deposit on another dealership because you were giving me this deal." All he said was, "Sorry we will NOT sell the car under MSRP." So I snatched my deposit check off of his desk and tore it up and stormmed out of the place proclaiming that I would never step foot in the dealership again and that I would be contacting the BBB and Attorney General's office about the incident.

So, a day later I contacted one of the other dealerships and actually got a hold of the new car sales manager. After haggling with him for 20 mins on the phone we both agreed on 28,000 flat with the protection pack and all season mats. Yeah I know a lot of you will say that I paid way too much, but I will say that all of you out there that are getting the first few cars the dealerships are recieving, be warned that they will probably go back on what they said. They will do this probably even if you had it in writing, because they sure as hell did it to me. Anyway, I will post some pics after I detail my car and get some time to host the pics. If you have any questions about it because it is one of the few 6mt that has arrived feel free to ask!

Enzlow
Old 12-04-2005, 08:53 PM
Yui
Pro

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the board!

That is kind of scary on them renegging the deal and asking for full MSRP. Aren't they legally bound to the price if it's in writing? Hopefully the BBB will get them for it. Thanks for the heads up and hope you enjoy your ride. Post pics!
Old 12-04-2005, 09:22 PM
Pro

Talking

I would assume it is illegal for them to go back on it as it's a binding contract. Kinda like buying a house, you make an offer with a price on it and sign it plus once it's accepted by the homeowner then it's legally binding.

It's really no different than the document you and your dealer signed. I'd definitely take it to the BBB however I'm not sure what'll come of it.

Congrats tho on the purchase! Truly sucks that you got shafted by them.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:29 PM
Registered Schmegistered

Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
What dealership was it that took their offer back?

James
Old 12-04-2005, 10:12 PM
Safety Car

pics?
Old 12-04-2005, 10:13 PM
TSX4EVR

Congrats on your new 06 TSX. I'm glad that it wasn't Alabaster Silver.

I have to think what goes around, comes around. A dealership will a bad reputation will ultimately lose sales and will pay a bigger price.

Congrats again.

Excited
Old 12-04-2005, 10:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I definitely hope they won't back out of my deal (a couple hundred over invoice).

They already charged my 10% for the down payment.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:00 PM
Have camera, will travel

Congrats on the car! Which dealer was it?
Old 12-04-2005, 11:10 PM
TSX n00b

It was the Acura of Lynnwood. It is about 20 miles north of Seattle. Right now I am in a business law class with a really good professor so I am going to ask him if their break of contract is illegal. Anyway like I said I will post up pics soon... Tomorrow probably.

Enzlow
Old 12-04-2005, 11:58 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on the new car and welcome to the board. You've got a great color combo.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:07 AM
TSX n00b

Also, I would like to thank all of you in this community for providing me with the information that I needed to make the decisions that I did.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:39 AM
Burning Brakes

welcome and congrats.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:28 AM
Have camera, will travel

Originally Posted by Enzlow
It was the Acura of Lynnwood. It is about 20 miles north of Seattle. Right now I am in a business law class with a really good professor so I am going to ask him if their break of contract is illegal. Anyway like I said I will post up pics soon... Tomorrow probably.

Enzlow
Enzlow, I'd be willing to bet that, because you're dealing with a written agreement, you have a case here. As long as you still have the paper, you may be entitled to reimbursement.

AFAIK, even a handshake agreement can be construed as a binding contract, as long as mutual agreement can be established.

Be sure to bring your '06 to the next Seattle-area TSX meet.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:31 AM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Congrats on your 06, welcome to the group
Old 12-05-2005, 11:12 AM
C'mon, man! Row yer own.

You legal guys out there know more than me on this, but between a signed contract and an exchange of consideration (your down-pmt check, cashed or not) you had a binding agreement. I would think in small-claims court you could recoup some damages, including the price difference and some punitive p.i.t.a. damages, without a lawyer.

I'd certainly contact Lynwood's general manager and ask if that's how he wants to proceed. It would help if you have your torn-up check. That's pretty chickensh*t, backing out on a deal.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:16 AM
Got Ramen?

congrats on the purchase. with the initial dealer, did you have a verbal binding agreement or was the offer written on paper?
Old 12-05-2005, 12:07 PM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yesterday was the best day of my life. Enzlow
Congrats! I bought my TSX from Lynnwood as well! They gave me the best deal with the least amount of so they got my money!

Enjoy the TSX! Let me know if you need help with the electronic upgrades.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:43 PM
Instructor

you might be able to recover the difference in price for attempting to mitigate however you can't get punitive damages; they can claim they breached the deal efficiently from their point of view. You should however be able to recover the difference in price as well as any incidentals in getting the new deal to go through (traveling, time, etc...). Id communicate with the dealer and see how they'd like to proceed, small claims could work for you.

Just took my contracts exams (1st year at Univ. of Miami Law)
Old 12-05-2005, 12:51 PM
Got Phó?

Acura of Lynnwood did this? If so, thats f@#k up! $28,000 flat is the same price i got my 05.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:09 PM
TSX n00b

Hmmm, yeah I think I will call them up asking if they wanted to take things to small claims court. I will tell them if they tint my windows then I will drop the charges of breach of contract. Heh, that would be a sweet way to get 'em tinted for free.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:48 PM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Enzlow

Hmmm I've heard Acura of Lynnwood can be SHADY, like crappy Comptech part installs etc.....

I got my TSX at Hinshaw's Acura in FIFE. Very good deal, and good service dept too.

You also a UW student too?