Power steering bubbles

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2018, 07:48 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power steering bubbles

I have a '07 that is just about to 176k and recently had my compressor go out. I took it to the dealer and had everything replaced (compressor, clutch, coil and condenser) back in March. Two months later and it's 90 degrees out and no a/c. I went back this week and they found the discharge hose was leaking and needed to be replaced (really should have tested that before giving it back the first time). I picked up the car tonight and noticed while sitting at a stop light that I have this whine that wasn't there before. When I got home I took a look under the hood and noticed that the power steering resouvir was bubbling. I had this happen last year with less bubbling (March) and I replaced the power steering pump and reservoir at this same dealer (all OEM parts).

Flash back to when I starting noticing the a/c not working again last week I opened the hood and the power steering resouvir was off its holder and just hanging by the hoses. I put it back on and I don't believe the car was running at that time to notice anything. Do they move or take off anything to replace the compressor that has to do with power steering? Maybe to make room to work? I was wondering if it was part of the technical steps they use like TSB.

Just aggravating!