Part two of my Road Trip

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2003, 02:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Part two of my Road Trip

Due to all the drama at clubtsx I never got around to posting info on the second part of my trip.

On June 19th I drove from alabama to florida. There was nothing really worth mentioning except that a 18 wheeler was in front of me in the rain and got my car COVERED in alabama mud. That stuff is so bad its still in all the little spaces between the the grill and the lights.

I spend a week in FL and left for NY on the 27th. I took I-95 straight to NY. The first day of the trip my gas milage was excellent. From FL to SC I got 36mpg with the ac on 70degrees. I think this was partly due to the fact that traffic wouldn't let me go faster than 65-70mpg and that I didn't have to slow down or stop until I got to my hotel.

The second day of driving back lowered my gas milage for the trip to 32.5mpg. I think 32.5mpg is very good considering that the truck was COMPLETELY FULL, two people in the car, speeds of 65-85mpg, and getting stuck in traffic for a while in DC, NJ, and NY.

The car preformed very very well the entire trip.
Old 07-07-2003, 05:49 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can you share any more? Details..details. HOw comfortable was the long ride? How was passing on the highway? Did anything disaapoint you? Anything specifically impress you?
Old 07-08-2003, 11:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry it took me to long to reply...

My girl friend and I were very comfortable. However for a 16+ hr car ride it would be nicer if the seats were a little softer.

Passing was no problem what so ever. It goes from 70 to 100mph very quickly.

The only thing I didn't like was the car needed to rev a little higher when going slightly uphill.

I was specifically impressed with was the handling. The car felt very stable. The fastest I went was 115mph and it felt just like it did when I was doing 70.

Here is a copy of the first part of my road trip which I posted on clubtsx a month ago:
" Hey guys, I completed the first part of my road trip. I'm now in Muscle Shoals, AL being board out of my mind. The trip which was supposed to take 16.5 hrs only took me 14hrs. According to my navi my average speed was 75mph. I was actually doing 70-95 but I got stuck in traffic for about an hour which slowed me down to a crawl. I got gas before I left and only need to stop twice while on the road to fill up. The TSX got 32mpg which was pretty good since I am an aggressive driver. The 4cyl had no problem on the highway even with two people in the front, the back seat was about filled half way and the trunk was packed to the max. I could feel there was an extra load but it didn't make much of a different. I was amazed how fast the car accelerated when I need to pass. I was going about 75mph and just tapped the gas to pass someone and within about 2secs the car was at 95-100mph. The rpms were at about 3k for most of the trip. The egine had to work a little harder when going up hill but was still fine. Well I'll be here in al for another week and then on to FL. I'll post another update when I am in fl."