oem window visors..quick question

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 06:28 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question oem window visors..quick question

It's too late now as i've already installed them but i noticed when i was test fitting the OEM acura ones, they don't cover all of the chrome strip. They fit nice, look and seem to work great but there's about an 1/8" of chrome still showing above where the visors mount onto the chrome. Even if i tried pushing up on the the visors a little more, the visors would not move up any farther. This normal?

Also, it seems like the wind noise is a bit louder. This morning was the first time driving with them and coming to work at 4am I was kind of out of it. One thing I did notice that I LOVED was now when I lower just the rear window, I don't get that pressure wave that would kill my ear.

The installation was fairly easy once you decipher the instructions and diagrams but after the first one it was easy. The tinting on them fits my abp perfectly. They're nice and sleek looking which i def. like. Also bought the moonroof visor as well but as soon as I set it on the roof and saw how big it and bulky it looked, I returned it.

Oh yeah, the rear visors are pretty much worthless, you can only open them a crack. Literally, a crack. Anything more then that will bring the rear of the window below the visor and rain still comes in. Bad thing is that just the fronts looks odd.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:49 AM
Racer

This is from Heeltoe automotive and if you look closely, it almost looks like it doesn't cover a small strip of the chrome at the top of the visors but I honestly cannot tell from this pict. Mine look just like this from the same angle but i can also see chrome at the rear parts of the front visors. There's about an 1/8" gap there also where you can see the chrome. Didn't realize these things were that expensive. I paid 70 dollars for mine from the dealer and thought that was a lot.

Also these look black as mine just look like a dark tint. Are there diff. between the oem ones i have and these that marcous is selling?

Old 12-13-2007, 11:20 PM
I Quit

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
my mugen visors have maybe 1mm or 2mm of the chrome exposed. That was also shown in the directions. Also you may be getting some extra wind noise because you didn't reinsert the rubber weather stripping right. It can be a real PITB.
Old 12-14-2007, 05:29 AM
Racer

ok, that's about what mine is as well. thought I screwed them up.
As far as the noise, yeah, that was it. I didn't push the stripping on all the way and it keeps sliding off in a couple spots but i got it to stay on last night and it was quite this morning. thanx!!